OOC The Out Of Character Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Errythang.
@Sam?! lost to @TheFrostyBlur and thought it was cheap. Spiralled into a fairly ugly debate involving many peeps about whether the league should be more competitive or more based on good matches (which is more fun is subjective ofc) and whether certain moves should be banned. Ended in a ban on Dropkick 13, superkick 6, sweep and multiple stomps. This seems to have satisfied people for the moment.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
*The camera turns on to show a relatively quiet bar. Only a few people are around and classical music plays from a jukebox. You see a burly figure with their head down sitting alone at the bar. Reginald enters the building and instantly recognises the man. He walks up to him and taps him on the shoulder, he gets no response. Reginald sighs.*
Reginald: Sir... This is unacceptable.
*Reginald lifts the man’s head up to show that it is Buster Gates, passed out, dribbling from the mouth. He groans.*
Reginald: Wake up.
*Reginald shakes him. Buster groans louder and opens his eyes.*
Buster Gates: Heyyyyy Reg.
Reginald: Buster, look at me. It’s time to come home.
Buster Gates: But I’ve just got here.
*Reginald scans the bar to see the many empty pint glasses.*
Reginald: I’ve got a feeling that’s not quite true. Also, beer? What has gotten into you.
Buster Gates: I don’t... These were champagne. Promise!
*Buster lifts up his little finger, Reginald stares at it. Buster puts his hand back down.*
Reginald: It’s time to get over your loss.
Buster Gates: But I don’t wanna...
Reginald: You have a match this week.
Buster Gates: But why?
Reginald: Your team needs you.
Buster Gates: My team sucks! Not one of them so far has picked up any points. I feel swindled.
Reginald: This is why they need you to take charge.
Buster Gates: Is there much point anymore?
Reginald: You could become a two time champion.
Buster Gates: I guess... But...
???: Hey!
*A random man stumbles up to the bar, obviously drunk.*
???: You aren't a regular here. This is my bar!
*Buster picks up one of the many empty beer bottles from the bar and cracks it over the mans head. He falls to the floor.*
Buster Gates: As I was saying...
Bartender: Woah, get out of here! You can't be doing that to other customers. You're barred!
Buster Gates: Come on, man! You saw him. He came at me.
Bartender: I'm calling the police...
Buster Gates: Whatever...
*Buster stands up and heads to the door, Reginald follows.*
Buster Gates: I don't want to do this anymore. My reputation as the top guy is over...
Reginald: Because you lost one match?
Buster Gates: ... Yes.
Reginald: That's ridiculous. You need to pick yourself up and continue your dominance.
Buster Gates: Who am I up against next?
Reginald: Mike Thunder.
Buster Gates: Is he good?
Reginald: Yeah, he's good.
Buster Gates: Is he me good?
Reginald: I don't know about that... Up until Robert Blake you were undefeated. Start over, build up another streak, become Undisputed Champion again and prove once more why you're the best.
Buster Gates: I'm unmotivated... When you have money, competition isn't an issue and you've already proved yourself... What is there to do? I became Undisputed Champion. I've been there, done that, held it for 3 months. There's nothing left.
Reginald: ... I'll think of a reason... I don't have one yet, but i'll think of a reason. Just, y'know... Come back and fight Mike Thunder?
Buster Gates: Fine... I'm doing this for you, Reg. I'm more than happy never going back.
Reginald: I get it. But you own half the place. You gotta remember that.
Buster Gates: True... I'll sober up and fight Mikey boy. But again, this is for you.
Reginald: I'll get you out of this slump sir, you can count on me.
*The two men arrive at Buster's car. The two enter and Reginald drives away.*
I made Buster Gates depressed. Robert Blake's work is done here.

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
@Sam?! lost to @TheFrostyBlur and thought it was cheap. Spiralled into a fairly ugly debate involving many peeps about whether the league should be more competitive or more based on good matches (which is more fun is subjective ofc) and whether certain moves should be banned. Ended in a ban on Dropkick 13, superkick 6, sweep and multiple stomps. This seems to have satisfied people for the moment.
Oh, well. Just make me champ and everything will be fine.

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
I SHOULD BE THE MAIN EVENT. THE REASON YOU PEOPLE TUNE IN IS TO SEE ME AND THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK GO TO WAR. NOT
42e0da6ea1e95496ff5cc59ecee31aa3.png

giphy.gif

Filet-o-Fish

The Showoff
Reaction score
So I just read the last ten pages I missed, while also having 58 alerts. You're all chucklefucks.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
At least I got my most disliked post of the forum so far :)

Filet-o-Fish

The Showoff
Reaction score
At least I got my most disliked post of the forum so far :)
The reason for that is because I generally do think that most people want this division due to last year. The reason I say last year is because of the 2K15 leagues, they ran a lot more smoothly and were enjoyable because it wasn't as competitive, people put time into their promos and storylines and tried to have great matches.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
The reason for that is because I generally do think that most people want this division due to last year. The reason I say last year is because of the 2K15 leagues, they ran a lot more smoothly and were enjoyable because it wasn't as competitive, people put time into their promos and storylines and tried to have great matches.
I really can't see people having many enjoyable matches like that. competitive matches makes it fun because competitive play is just the way to get people going. That being said you will get a lot of pissed off people when they do lose but that's mostly a quick fix. I also don't see much of a point breaking the already small league in half.

Filet-o-Fish

The Showoff
Reaction score
I really can't see people having many enjoyable matches like that. competitive matches makes it fun because competitive play is just the way to get people going. That being said you will get a lot of pissed off people when they do lose but that's mostly a quick fix. I also don't see much of a point breaking the already small league in half.
I understand, but I also believe that may also be the reason why a lot of guys are inactive or didn't carry over to here.

SupaHeeroh

The man with the rear that makes the girls cheer!
Reaction score
I think the reason I dont find it as enjoyable is because of the reversal stocks. I liked being able to reverse as many moves as I could. Now it's a game of waiting to see the best time to reverse, and if you're down a stock on your opponent it's basically game over.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
I think the reason I dont find it as enjoyable is because of the reversal stocks. I liked being able to reverse as many moves as I could. Now it's a game of waiting to see the best time to reverse, and if you're down a stock on your opponent it's basically game over.
I like the reversal stocks...... I think you need to think about everything a little more this year since last year was a free for all tbh

Reactions: Geek773

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Reaction score

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
The reversal stocks were a great start but have their problems with being behind forever (and having to cheese moves to get ahead). Now with the new major reversals for 2k17 it'll be another great improvement and im excited. :)