OOC The Out Of Character Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Psycho Rangers

The Artiste
Reaction score
Dumb little question guys...would a United States title feel unwelcome, among the titles that will already be in next year's league? Frosty is of the opinion that there is already an IC title; I think that the US title, personally, would compliment the IC title and offer more people an opportunity at gold.
What do the people say?

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
Dumb little question guys...would a United States title feel unwelcome, among the titles that will already be in next year's league? Frosty is of the opinion that there is already an IC title; I think that the US title, personally, would compliment the IC title and offer more people an opportunity at gold.
What do the people say?
With a lack of depth, two titles and one weekly title are more than enough to sustain the league. That's how it's been, and probably how it'll stay.

Reactions: Geek773

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
As Frosty talked about me possibly running a promo school for the Playstation League next year, I made a mock template of it, and I want to show you guys and get feedback on it. Also if you have any ideas on how it should be ran, let me know as well as Frosty.

proxy.php

WWEF 2k17 PS4 League Promo School

"Hello, I'm Beaver, otherwise known as "CanadianR" or my characters, Ivy Hale and Ryan Vendetta. I'm the PS4 league's teacher. Here is a place for new league members to improve their ability to write promos. Older members are also allowed to join if they feel that they need to have a second look if they want to step up their game. The leagues may be competitive in nature because the matches are done in the latest installment in the WWE 2k franchise, but just like a real wrestling promotion, the leagues are also built around the characters that make up it and writing promos are how we further storylines, develop character, and add hype behind a match. Promos can be the backbone behind a storyline and character. So let's work together to make it great!"

How it works:

When called to the school, each week you will be given a scenerio/feud topic. Scenarios or feud topics will be assigned at random (As in whatever I (we) feel like giving you). Your fan reaction (face or heel) will also be assigned at random so you get experience on both ends of the spectrum and to help decide what one you are most comfortable with when you do enter the league. When you are assigned a scenario, whatever you are dealt is what you MUST stick too, no exceptions. Scenarios can range from generic to very creative, serious to comedic, main-event to jobber, good to bad, dark to normal and easy to hard. If you are given something silly, don't complain as it is a way to prepare you for any type of scenario that can/will come up in the main league. If and before you change your gimmick/character, you must let the teachers know (it may not be a good move for you or your character personally, or it could be a very good move for you and your character). This post will be updated every week or as needed throughout. Be prepared for anything. Every three weeks your work will be reviewed and we will determine if you are ready to step in the league. Please ask for help if you need it. Don't skip out on the school, you will receive a strike. Have fun and earn your call up to the league.

Current Students:
@Jobber1 -Super Brit
@Jobber2 - Floppy Dangler

This Week's Scenerio:

Both of you are set to make your debut in a match against each other in a match on Precision next week. Both of you know that this is an opportunity to show the WWEF fans exactly who you are. Either in a segment with each other, or both individually, introduce your characters and their motivations, personality, and make a clear message to both your opponent and the members of the IWT roster.

Dispositions:
Super Brit - Heel
Floppy Dangler - Face

What we're looking for this week:

This week, we want you to focus on...

-Proper sentence structure: Jobber2, this was a massive issue you had last week as your grammar really brought down your promo. It doesn't need to be written by a linguistic genius, but make it easier to read. Jobber1 you're example promo wasn't that bad for this, but it can be touched up a bit.

-Showing character: I want you both to show off who your characters are. I know Jobber2 your character is supposed to be cocky because he is proud of his British heritage and believes himself to be greater than any Americans watching, I want you to show that and play a heel well. Floppy, your character is supposed to be a bad-ass, make me want to bow at his feet!

-A strong message: When your character speaks, they need to have a clear purpose for speaking. Whether it'd be to make your opponent take notice, to earn the respect of the fans, to show superiority, or to just simply show they are the future. Do your best!

You have until January 12th, @ 12pm EST to get a promo done. You need to complete 1 promo by the end of the week or it will result in a strike, but you can post up to 3 if you wish. However; if you have a reason that you are unable to promo (example: lots of school work, other commitments, personal issues etc.) then let us know in this thread at least 36 hours before the deadline, we'll either extend the deadline a bit, or excuse you for the week.

After your promos are done, myself (and maybe some others) will look at your promos and give feedback. We'll try to give both positive and negative feedback and suggest things to improve!

Good luck, and may your promos be great!​

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This might seem a touch out of left field, but can we please change that god-awful Precision logo? I realllllllllllllllly don't like it.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
This might seem a touch out of left field, but can we please change that god-awful Precision logo? I realllllllllllllllly don't like it.
leave @SupaHeeroh alone! He gave that logo a good 2 minutes!

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I mean, the concept is great. But the blur that's overtop of it all is really bad. If you could get me the source file I could clean it up a bit and make it look better