The Official WWE NXT Redemption Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
key_art_wwe_nxt.jpg

NXT Redemption, the fifth season of NXT, started on March 8, 2011. The season consists of six rookies chosen from all previous non-Diva seasons returning to compete for a spot in the sixth season of NXT alongside a WWE Superstar of their choice as their pro for that season. Immunity and the immunity points system have been replaced in this season with a "redemption point" system, where, in the result of a tie at the bottom place between the pros' poll and the fan vote, the person with the most redemption points avoids elimination.

Do any of you guys here watch it? The show is pretty imo except for the Titus O' Neill/Percy Watson shit.

I'm really feeling Tyson Kidd and Johnny Curtis atm. It's always good to see Curt Hawkins get some mic time as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Castiel

Reaction score
Re: NXT Redemption Discussion Thread

NXT is the best. It's currently what I look forward to most behind Impact honestly. I started watching because of my love of Hawkins and he and T-Reks are the shit over there! RUN NXT! Kidd getting showcased also is sweet, he's damn talented! Johnny Curtis' creepy gimmick is gold! Wanna get freaky?

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

I'm growing really fond of Curtis, he's a great talker. Derrick Bateman is comedic gold too imo, stuff of the shit he comes up with gives me major lulz. I can't be the only one who thinks Maxine's bitchiness is super hot.

Hawkins and Rex are awesome. The whole change thing he's working owns. I wasn't a fan of Rex until him and Hawkins came together, but now I've gotten fond of him too.

Castiel

Reaction score

I'm with you on all accounts. Reks and Hawkins gel so well together, it's amazing. They need a team name, Mid Card Mafia was like banned or some shit since WWE made them take down their little animated videos (which I never did get to see...), I've heard them referred to as 'The Rekking Crew' but I like to think of them as the 'Sons Of Change' with their new gimmick. Striker promo on them this past week was pretty sweet. You see the show?

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Yeah, I did. I feel like Striker's better suited as a heel but, he's doing okay at the moment. I wasn't too fond of how self depressing he was this week :lol: But, it let to Regal getting a permanent on screen role. The more Regal the better.

Sons Of Change would be bitchin' name, it would suit well. I think a Barretta/Kidd vs. Hawkins/Rex feud is somewhere down the line and I love it. Did you see Kidd vs. McGillicutty this week? Kidd was pulling off some sweet moves, there was once or twice where I legit went 'Woah', in the match.

Castiel

Reaction score
Kidd is always amazing, I thought he Zema Ion'd McGuillicutty for a minute during the match with that moonsault... surprise Kidd lost! I guess McG isn't just there to job afterall? Lol, I'm totally pumped for Trent to return! Where the hell is he anyways? Him & Kidd together are going to kick some serious ass and that feud will rule! I wonder what a good team name for Barreta/Kidd would be? NXT seems to be running the tag scene which is nice.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
What's the deal with NXT now? Is it no longer a competition and they're actually putting on a real program?

Cause I always thought it would be decent show if they actually let the rookies wrestle like it was Superstars or FCW.

Castiel

Reaction score
With the one year anniversary of Redemption this past week and Regal becoming the new GM they announced that it was a "NEW" NXT so basically the whole competition thing is officially over now after not being enforced in forever anyways. It's basically where the mid card talent shine now and has storylines unlike Superstars. Also it's got Maxine being super hot.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
With the one year anniversary of Redemption this past week and Regal becoming the new GM they announced that it was a "NEW" NXT so basically the whole competition thing is officially over now after not being enforced in forever anyways. It's basically where the mid card talent shine now and has storylines unlike Superstars. Also it's got Maxine being super hot.
Sounds pretty cool. I may actually watch it now. Haven't seen it since the first episode of season 4, no lie.

So who "won the right" to be on season 6? Whatever that means! :lol:

Castiel

Reaction score
Nobody, the competition was just forgotten about thankfully. There won't be a new batch of talent or anything hopefully just FCW guys moving up every now and then. Lol, Regal said he has a surprise for Hawkins & Reks next week since they've done nothing but terrorize everyone on NXT for awhile now, hoping it's a new team from FCW coming up to challenge them or something!

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Nobody, the competition was just forgotten about thankfully. There won't be a new batch of talent or anything hopefully just FCW guys moving up every now and then. Lol, Regal said he has a surprise for Hawkins & Reks next week since they've done nothing but terrorize everyone on NXT for awhile now, hoping it's a new team from FCW coming up to challenge them or something!
I agree that the competition needs to be forgotten but they still need to bring up guys from FCW every few months or so or there isn't a point to NXT. To me it should be like a combination between Superstars (with lower card WWE talent) and FCW's TV show.

Castiel

Reaction score
That's exactly what I expect it to be like from this point on. Lol

Castiel

Reaction score
Tyson Kidd / Michael McGuillicutty stuff is really heating up, great feud! Their rematch this week was fantastic! It's tied, 1 to 1 so we're going to be getting a rubber match! Pumped. Everyone should check it out. Also, Johnny Curtis was as funny as ever this week! Hilarious stuff with him and Maxine. :lol:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
What people don't realize is that NXT is actually having great storylines now. It has so little talent that it's easy to make storylines

Castiel

Reaction score
I'm glad you've become a fan Viper! There's a growing community of us believe me. What people also need to realize is NXT has Maxine, and she's extremely hot. That's reason enough to watch dammit!