*The Official Wrestlemania 24 Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

WMposter.jpg

*Matches to be announced*

Post all thoughts, cards, and predictions here.​

PeepShow

Post all thoughts and predictions here

CENA WINS!!!

Well no shit...lol

TDK: It's not obvious. It's 50/50. Fuck your logic! :laugh:

Anyways, but yeah TDK, what are the stips for this match card and predictions/outcome gunna be? How is it gunna go down? I've got most of my card thoughtout already and mostly done, I just need to know how it's gunna work.

Prime Time

Reaction score
I can see a triple threat match at mania involving HHH/Orton/Cena, maybe the No Way Out match between Orton and Cena can end in a "who's the champ" scenario while HHH wins the elimination chamber match. On SD I'm starting to think a CM Punk/Edge feud might be in the works for the title while HBK vs The Undertaker could be good. Now that leaves Batista, Jeff Hardy, Kennedy,MVP, Umaga, Jericho, JBL I'm sure a few of those names will be involved in the MITB match. A healthy and stacked roster is making this years WM very interesting.

J

Since none of the matches anything official can happen...My hopings is that we get to see The Hardy's finally get put over the top...Jeff Hardy vs. John Cena...Matt Hardy vs. Edge...It would be awesome...I mean could you imigine how many people would tune in if Jeff actually beat Cena?!?!?

Airfixx

I mean could you imigine how many people would tune in if Jeff actually beat Cena?!?!?

If WWE booked their PPVs (or even more specifically THE biggest event in the wrestling calendar) according to how many 'read results first, download for free later' (so-called) fans may watch at a later date, my guess is they wouldn't be around for WM25!

Reaction score
This isn't really a 'Dream' card as much as its what i think will happen

WWE Title
Orton vs HHH or Cena vs HHH
yeah its def a toss up in my head right now...they could go either way at No Way Out....or just make it a Three way.....either way it isnt that exciting to me....since throwing Cena in (1. i hate him) (2. i dont think he was deserving to already be in the M.E....if shawn had a rumble qualifier...then fucking cena should have one too!) I really wish hardy was in this...

WHC Title
Edge vs Taker
This is somethign i hope, pray, and cant wait to see. As baddass as taker is at mania...i think the tortch should be passed to edge.....

Money in the Bank
Jeff Hardy vs Umaga vs CM Punk vs Orton/Cena (whoever not in M.E.) vs Shawn Michaels/Ken Kennedy (See Below) vs ??? (Chris Harris would be nice...or Post-Mania Debut)
Jeff Hardys nite to shine. Punk a close 2nd if not the winner. Umaga i think would add a different dimension to a ladder match as well as can be the cushion for all the huge bumps....jeff has to do something big to tak ehim out. Shawn/Orton/Kennedy would be a nice name to round it out. I definately think that it should be a 6 man match not last years 8 man clusterfuck.

Street Fight
Y2J vs JBL
COntinuing what has been brewing....another stipulation could possibly work better....maybe a texas bullrope or something...but this fued definately has more potential to bloom

Career on the Line
Ric Flair vs Ken Kennedy OR HBK (or Possibly Vince) ...Kennedy could use the rub, but i think Mr. Wrestlemania HBK should do it....i donno why but i know him and flair could have a great match of respect. Vince...well thats if they want flair to win and then leave on his own...or if Vince wins its wwe fuckign us over as usual

U.S. Title match (FINALLY!! i hope)
MVP vs Matt Hardy

Womens Title
Beth Pheonix vs Maria or Mickie or Ashley (im not sold on just cuz of being in PB that maria will get the match...esp with the Mickie vs Beth fued going on....maybe Mickie will hit rock bottom and Trish will come ot help her)

Khali, Mark Henry & Big Daddy V vs. Batista, Kane & Big Show
It just fits for me. it is a monsters match....it WILL suck, but it gets the talent out there and it seems plauseable

Rey & Chavo vs The Edge-heads
This i think could be potential to have chavo face again with the hole edge being with vickie...IF done right....prolly ownt happen tho

Finlay/Hornswoggle/Vince/Foley....somethings going on there...i donno what yet lol. Maybe Foley vs Finlay posisbly.

and the 'dark match' will probably be Cody & Holly vs Santino & Carlito...that is IF that match doesnt happen at No Way Out...

Thats kinda how i see things going....but then again wwe usually changes stuff a lot so who knows....any thoughts?

Airfixx

Rey & Chavo vs The Edge-heads
This i think could be potential to have chavo face again with the hole edge being with vickie...IF done right....prolly ownt happen tho

With Chavo having only just joined Edge's faction (and winning the ECW gold as a result) it'll be a while yet before the innevitable discentigration of the crew (Maybe a result of Edge losing the WHC). My guess is that Chavo will fight on Vicki's behalf against Edge when he finally get's exposed for using her to control SD.

Montana

Montana

Will WM 24 flop??

I hate to say this so early, and the wwe has a fair amount of talent on its roster, but im starting to think this is going to be a average ppv at best. (In terms of wrestlig) and NOT where the quality of entertainment Wrestlemania SHOULD be at.

Lets look at the No Way Out card.

Cena vs Orton (Big time match wm main event caliber)

Raw + SD Elimination Chambers (This is nuts, both will be action packed)

Edge vs Rey (good match at RR, probably again at NWO)

Flair vs Kennedy ( solid)

=====================================================

Rumored WM Matches

HHH vs Cena ( not any better than cena/orton)

Edge vs Taker ( should be good, but i'd rather see a elimination chamber)

MITB ( should be bad ass, but will they leave enough talent out of this match for a strong under card?)

MVP vs Matt Hardy (solid, long time coming)

Flair vs HBk ( Big matchup, but can they deliver???)

I know the card is no where near finalized, but i dont see anything special about these matchups. They've built up ALL year for this? Just seems a little lackluster thus far, especially compared to no way out.

Montana

I know, the wwe has the talent to make this a great wrestlemania. I just don't see it shaping up because they failed to lead up big fueds again. Its less than 2 months away, and they most likely won't be hyping the matches until after no way out.

I was hoping they have something going for Chris Jericho leading into wrestlemania. I was hoping Batista would have something to do at Wrestlemania.

Perhaps its just the way i hate how the wwe throws together 8 top stars in one money in the bank match. In my opinion that hurts the undercard, almost enough to where i dont want to see it.

Are we going to see a womens match this year? Are we going to see tag team match? Neither of these would be WM worthy.

Its not soo much that i think WM will flop, i just dont see it living up to No way out. Based on what we know now.

PeepShow

Are we going to see a womens match this year?

Of course. It's gunna be Beth against Maria. And of course it's not Wrestlemania worthy. When has a womens match been Wrestlemania worthy besides the Trish/Micky one a couples years ago?

Montana said:
Are we going to see tag team match?

Hopefully not. Their tag teams aren't good enough imo to be on a WM card. Maybe a preshow dark match, unless they were to reunite the Hardyz, but thats not gunna happen.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I think it's too early to tell how good it's going to be. We need to see No Way Out before we can decide if it's going to be good. The tag division needs to a huge boost so I can't see there being a very good match if there even is one at WM. I think they might throw something at us that we're not expecting at NWO and if so WM could be very good. I'm not too worried, I think it'll be fine in the long run, we just have to wait and see.

CenaMark54

You hit the nail on the head Montana.

I'm just going to pretend in my head that No Way Out is wrestlemania and I suggest you all do the same.

I'd rather see Orton vs Cena, which is going to basically be the culmination of a great fued thats been going on since late summer, than another thrown together HHH/Cena match that has absolutely no back story. They are both faces with no reason to truly hate each other. I hate respect fueds.