The Official Upcoming Wrestling DVDs Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Re: Wrestling DVD's Thread!

The whole shows? Wow, that's really awesome. I need these. Why is Nick Jackson on the cover of the second one but not Matt? Lol

Vol. 9 is actually the cover for BOLA 2008 Stage 1. Nick Jackson was in the tournament, but Matt wasn't. In case you're wondering, Vol. 8's cover comes from European Vacation II - France and Vol. 10 comes from One Hundred.

To be honest, an Anthology like one of these may be a better interesting deal for someone unfamiliar with the product like Inferno. You get 9-10 shows for a low price and those 9-10 DVD's are shows all in a row. Some of the things you'd see in each volume:

Vol. 8 - The beginning of the Chris Hero/Human Tornado feud (Mostly one-on-one), Bryan Danielson's PWG title reign, the last Super Dragon/Kevin Steen feud, the reunion and rise of The Dynasty's Joey Ryan and Scott Lost, and thanks to BOLA and that European Tour - a wide variety of foreign stars getting their chance to shine.

Vol 9 - All about the Hero/Tornado feud with many others involved being kicked into second gear as it builds up to their feud ending match at Life During Wartime, The Dynasty's tag title reign, the DDT4 Round Robin Qualifier Series (Four teams battling on five shows in order to get a spot in DDT4), the return and retirement match of Chris 'Lioncock' Bosh, the rise of the Young Bucks (Partially through the DDT4 Round Robin Qualifier Series) and you still get to see plenty of foreign and American indy stars coming in such as Delirious, Hallowicked and even Tensai's manager - Sekimoto.

Vol. 10 - Chris Hero officially takes his spot as the ace of PWG with his record setting PWG Title reign, The Young Bucks' record setting tag title reign, Paul London debuting for PWG, Colt Cabana's shocking return just 24 hours after being fired by the WWE, the epic Hybrid Dolphin's promo, the arrival of Kenny Omega, the near death of Kenny Omega that same weekend, and you'll get to see the wide variety of indy talent like Bryan Danielson, Davey Richards, Sonjay Dutt, Tyler Black, Bobby Quance (~!), Vin Gerard, Nigel McGuinness, Austin Aries, Chuck Taylor and Necro Butcher. This is also the time period when PWG came so close to going out of business, but then came back with a very different roster including the beginning phases of new debuts of local talents of The Cutlers and CK Jackson.
---

Each DVD set has a major selling point. I ended up buying Vol. 9 since it has the most amount of shows I haven't seen before.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Got an email last night saying FEAR was now out of stock. Under the influence I chose BOLA 2012 Night 2. Good decision?

Reaction score

Haven't seen it yet. That's the next show I need to watch. Gun to my head, I probably would have gone with something a little older. Kurt RussellReunion II, DDT4 2011 or All Star Weekend 8 Night 2 are all top notch shows that are relatively new.

If you still want Fear, Highspots has it:

http://www.highspots.com/p/26523.html

Postman Dave

Reaction score

It's still 40% off on there too. Gonna evaluate finances first.

Reaction score

If you don't care about having the actual DVD, you can legally download FEAR.

http://www.highspots.com/p/26902.html

I don't believe 40% can be applied to downloads, but with it being a buck cheaper than the 40% DVD and you won't have to pay for shipping, you'll save 3-4 bucks.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

The Attitude Era DVD was one of the most pointless ideas for a DVD the WWE has had.

It was one of the most brilliant ideas, it's just that they fucked up royally

Castiel

Reaction score

I imagine Jim said it was pointless because all of the stuff is already on DVD's out there, it really was pretty pointless in reality.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I imagine Jim said it was pointless because all of the stuff is already on DVD's out there, it really was pretty pointless in reality.

Putting them all on one DVD is fine.

Reaction score

Putting them all on one DVD is fine.

Just like the Raw 15th Anniversary DVD or several other DVD's where the subject is a major name in the Attitude Era. Buy a Steve Austin DVD and you get 90% of all of the important moments of the era.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Just like the Raw 15th Anniversary DVD or several other DVD's where the subject is a major name in the Attitude Era. Buy a Steve Austin DVD and you get 90% of all of the important moments of the era.

Not really, there's a lot of matches. Here's some in no particular order.

Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels - Hell in a Cell- Bad Blood 1997
The Rock vs Mankind - I Quit Match - Royal Rumble 1999
Undertaker vs Kane - Inferno match - Unforgiven 1998
Stone Cold vs Undertaker - Summerslam 1998
Triple H vs Rock - Ladder Match
Stone Cold vs Rock - Wrestkemania 15

Reaction score

Not really, there's a lot of matches. Here's some in no particular order.

Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels - Hell in a Cell- Bad Blood 1997

A match that has been on a million different DVD's.

The Rock vs Mankind - I Quit Match - Royal Rumble 1999

Great match, but it's on Rocky's DVD. Rocky's DVD's are similar to Austin's where it's practically a Best of the Attitude release.

Undertaker vs Kane - Inferno match - Unforgiven 1998

Why would you even want this? Again, it's on several different DVD's.

Stone Cold vs Undertaker - Summerslam 1998

On Austin's DVD.

Triple H vs Rock - Ladder Match

Meh, it's a little overrated. However, it's on a couple of DVD's already.

Stone Cold vs Rock - Wrestkemania 15

On Austin's DVD.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

A match that has been on a million different DVD's.

Great match, but it's on Rocky's DVD. Rocky's DVD's are similar to Austin's where it's practically a Best of the Attitude release.

Why would you even want this? Again, it's on several different DVD's.

On Austin's DVD.

Meh, it's a little overrated. However, it's on a couple of DVD's already.

On Austin's DVD.

I know so what's wrong with putting all of them in one?

Reaction score

Because you're literally putting the same fucking match on a half dozen+ DVD's when there's still so many great matches not on DVD. Who really wants to see that HIAC match on DVD again? If you don't already have it on DVD, you don't want it. It's not like there's only one DVD per match. They're all on multiple DVD's, most of which can be all collected by buying a couple DVD's.

While we're at it, let's add that Mankind/Michaels match on another DVD! How about Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Savage on another DVD too! I only have that one 50 DVD's. I really need it on 51!

/rant

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Because you're literally putting the same fucking match on a half dozen+ DVD's when there's still so many great matches not on DVD. Who really wants to see that HIAC match on DVD again? If you don't already have it on DVD, you don't want it. It's not like there's only one DVD per match. They're all on multiple DVD's, most of which can be all collected by buying a couple DVD's.

While we're at it, let's add that Mankind/Michaels match on another DVD! How about Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Savage on another DVD too! I only have that one 50 DVD's. I really need it on 51!

/rant

Having it on one DVD is good though because you can watch them all in a row. Do you want to pop in a million different DVDs when you can have them on one?

Reaction score

Having it on one DVD is good though because you can watch them all in a row. Do you want to pop in a million different DVDs when you can have them on one?

Like I said, most of those matches can be collected by just buying 2-3 DVD's. When the matches have been added to a million different DVD sets, it gives you plenty of ways to procure them.