The Official Undertaker Return Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I have a much different view.. Some say he will retire as the Deadman.. But think about it.. He has what? Six years left.. I think people will get pretty tired of.."GONG... GONG.. GONG.... SMOKE... 20 MINUTES OF HIM WALKING DOW..." I think he night actually have a new gimmick.. Probably not at Summerslam but on the return of his next annual hiatus.. Also, I see him retiring as something crazy.. Not a new gimmick, but like he comes out dressed how he first was when he debuted at Survivor Series. That would be classic.. 20-0.. 'Taker has Cena, Michaels, maybe John Bradshaw Layfield, Mr. Kennedy if he begins getting pushed now, and probably one last Kane match to do at Wrestlemania..

C4

I think people will get pretty tired of.."GONG... GONG.. GONG.... SMOKE... 20 MINUTES OF HIM WALKING DOW..."

That's not going to happen anytime soon, Undertaker has perhaps one of the best entrances in history of professional wrestling and it stands with it's own unique style.

Anyways, as for his American Badass gimmick it was pretty good at it's own place but you can't simply compare it to the Deadman gimmick, which is original and in my opinion is better than the American Badass gimmick, I don't think switching gears with the gimmick of The Undertaker at this point in time would be such a good idea. It's better to let Undertaker go as the Deadman at SummerSlam and let him go as the"Big Evil" 2 months before his retirement which might actually come at WrestleMania 25 in his hometown; other than that there really isn't any need of getting him back as the American Badass and the Deadman suits in perfectly.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Dammit I wished Taker came back as the ABA, he had a whole lot of crowdplay when he was ABA as a face.
Also I wished that Taker came back at Survivor Series instead for a HIAC match vs Edge, going back when Edge screwed Taker last year in the HIAC match against Batista.
That would've gave Taker's return a bit more heat than ever.

Wordlife

yeah I really enjoyed the badass, we ALL want the badass back but we wont get it

Superman

Reaction score
Either he returns as Big Evil or he doesn't return at all. I for one, and I know there are many others, cannot stand the Deadman gimmick. Yeah, it used to be freaking cool, but now it's just booooring. No-one's scared anymore.

How awesome would it be if Edge is standing in the cell, waiting for the gongs, and then... "YOU'VE DONE IT NOW, YOU'VE GONE AND MADE A BIG MISTAKE"

The whole world would probably explode due to awesomeness.

So yeah. Undertaker should be the American Badass or retired. Either way is fine for me.

ace-phenom

Reaction score
UnderTaker Returns At SummerSlam!!!..

Well i don't know about you guys, but i'm a big undertaker fan, and i mean big!:p
Anyway, i'm glad that Vickie Guerrero Reinstated the undertaker :)
Funny how Edge's face went when she said "I reinstated the undertaker"
I hope the undertaker comes back as the "ministry of darkness", what do you all think about this?...

Travis40

eh, it's okay...kinda shitty way to bring him back. I think that Edge is going over in the HIAC match. Foley will be made the ref of the match...and cost Undertaker the match imo

Reaction score
I dont think his return would be that big since it was predictable, undertaker should of came back on his own so it would be a surprise.

Stacked_Deck

Reaction score
eh, it's okay...kinda shitty way to bring him back. I think that Edge is going over in the HIAC match. Foley will be made the ref of the match...and cost Undertaker the match imo

I could see this happening actually. However, I dont want to see it happen because it would lead to yet another boring and pointless Foley/Edge alliance. It made no sense the last time and it sure as hell wont this time. I would like to see Edge get a clean win over Taker to show that he is the best that SD has right now. No offence to any Triple H or Taker fans out there.

Kaedon

Reaction score
This is where ALL DISCUSSION about this topic will take place. The Deadman returns to face Edge in Hell In A Cell. DISCUSS!:sport_box:

chessarmy

I love the way WWE has built this up, especially after that angle on Smackdown! I'm actually thinking of ordering Summerslam now, just to see this match.

I know it won't happen, but I will mark out like a little girl if Taker comes back as the American badass.

ace-phenom

Reaction score
Well i hope 'The UnderTaker' returns as the "Ministry of darkness"
Reasons.
1:he looks cooler with his goatee :p
2: he was more fearce, agressive, and amazing.
So i hope he returns as 'The Minstry'...

Airfixx

I want him to come back as Mean Mark... On a tri-cycle! LOL

Seriously tho', I'm really glad we didn't get another buried-alive/casket match > resurection storyline.

Reaction score
In 2005, 2007 and 2008 Undie has engaged in the exact same style of feud and each one ended with a HIAC that he inevitably wins. Althought SS might actually be different since someone has seen that Edge is a superior athlete. No matter how many bogus gogoplatas that Undie tries to use. He's a cheap wannabe MMA fighter with the same go away and come back a month later scenario for years.

Airfixx

^^^^How exactly is 'Takers Gogoplata any more fake than your average sports entertainment submission hold?

How it makes him a wannabee anything is unclear...