The Official School Thread

• Thread starter Solid Stinger the Big Boss
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LadyHotrod

Geez, kids really take school for granted.

I'l tell ya, I was the same way as a kid. I hated going to school and couldn't wait to get out and live the adult life. I have a great high paying, comfortable job but I WISH I were in school. Bills are shit and when you start getting them, you'll want to hit your head against a wall.

In school, you pretty much have no worries, besides studying for a test. Big deal. You get to sit in a classroom for barely 6 hours and then get to hang out with your friends, riding your bike and whatever, with not a worry on your mind.

When you grow up and leave school, you'll be excited to enter the adult world but you'll see how it can get at times and you'll wish you were back in school again.

Depending on what job you choose to have, it's more the people who piss you off, not so much the job itself.

LadyHotrod

Trust me, you might all hate school but GET A GOOD EDUCATION. You will be glad you did in the future.

You don't want to be one of those douchebags who didn't make it in school and only has the credentials to stand by a drive thru window for the rest of his life asking people "would you like fries with that?"

MikeRaw

Plus, Steve, do you know how hard it will be for youu to get into sports? lol. Are you talkinng about thats what you want to do fo a career? If so, that's a pretty small chance dude, and if you screw up and don't get a job as an athlete, yo ubetter hope you can get another job, lol.

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
Yeah of course, Fast Food restaurants are probably one of the worst jobs you can have.
I take honors for math and science and getting into technology classes so I could have some experience when I'm older. I took woodshop last year and had a blast. I made a whole bunch of shit and it was a fun class. This year I chose PC Support as my 1st choice and Graphics as my 2nd choice.

LadyHotrod

Yeah of course, Fast Food restaurants are probably one of the worst jobs you can have.
I take honors for math and science and getting into technology classes so I could have some experience when I'm older. I took woodshop last year and had a blast. I made a whole bunch of shit and it was a fun class. This year I chose PC Support as my 1st choice and Graphics as my 2nd choice.

Great choices. Good to see some of the younger people getting into good career paths. Keep it up.

Mike, you shouldn't put someone down like that. I know you don't mean it in a bad way but if someone wants something badly enough, there is no such thing as a slim chance. If someone has a dream like that, you should be encouraging them, not basically telling them that they have no chance in hell. Not the nicest thing to say. If he wants to do it, I certainly wouldn't count him out. My brother, had he continued playing hockey, was definately a shoe in for the NHL. He was on TV and was the best goalie in this town. Everyone talked about him and I am a very proud sister. He was basically the next Roy. Unfortunately, a bunch of things got in the way and he stopped playing.

Never a slim chance.

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
I'm getting into Sports so I can get into a great College. I'm playing Football, Basketball, and Baseball this year. Some random guy from a College like Florida University could watch me play some baseball and be like "Hey, I like this guy, he plays some good ball!" and he could get me into that College and I can take courses there and play sports in the same year.

MikeRaw

Oh, I know. And if he likes sports, which I know he does from talkin to him, he should odo that too. What i meant by that is, if he doesn, he shouldn't like drop out of school or start slacking just to do hte sports. WhaT I mean is, he should do both, because that way, if he doesn't become an athlere (which is a chance) then he will stilk be able to get a job.

LadyHotrod

Gotcha, Mike.

I'm getting into Sports so I can get into a great College. I'm playing Football, Basketball, and Baseball this year. Some random guy from a College like Florida University could watch me play some baseball and be like "Hey, I like this guy, he plays some good ball!" and he could get me into that College and I can take courses there and play sports in the same year.

It sounds Blue but my husband always asks me why I dress well just to do things like take the dogs out for a walk. I always tell him that you never know when some agent might walk by and want to put me in a movie or something, lol.

Travis40

Even if you do have a career in sports (which I also want...:dry:) you have to get a good education to fall back on incase you don't make it all the way, or you get seriously injured. Then you'd be 25 years old and hurt....and you'd have nothing to fall back on. That's why everybody in my HS baseball team has to talk to colleges lol.

But there's only 1 way that I would just skip college....if I was drafted early in the MLB Draft...I'd fucking take it....I just would imo.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
^It's not only baseball.. I'm on my Sophmore year also, and I am going to have such a fucking hectic year, since I double up on both Baseball, and Football. That shit's crazy man.. This scout from UM(University of Miami) already talked to my dad about scholarship possibilities..

Travis40

Yeah, shit like that happens to alot of people
Schools like Louisville don't really care what grades you get, as long as you can play sports, they will get you in lol

I'd love to go to Louisville, they have an awesome baseball program :)