THE Official Cricket Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
^^^Thats not a bad point at all! Maybe they just have a little more confidence in him, than usual.

I wonder if things would've gone differently with Lee in the team. I don't think he would've been our saviour, but I really think he would've brought something to the table, when it came to a psychological status. He is basically the bowling equivalent to Andrew Symonds or Adam Gilchrist are to batting.

Kizza

No, Lee wouldn't have made a difference imo. He's not as fast as he used to be back in say, 05, where he got I think 60 or more wickets. If he can get his pace back up to 150 and above, and bowl some mean bouncers, I think he could be a bit of a force. But I highly doubt that's going to happen. This latest injury should start setting off the "I'm too old for this" signals.

Beer Money Army

i was watching the eng/wi test eng were 1/4..

i check the score today. England all out for 51.. west indies killed them won by a ininngs and 23 runs...(it would be good to see the :native: win a test series against england).

This is good news for the aussies :)...

Kizza

I hope Fergie doesn't get dropped for Ponting. David should imo, he hasn't done anything and Fergie deserves another chance.

Qwake

Warner was dropped for Ponting and Ponting just got a huge amount of runs, about 16 :laugh:

Aussie did well, 301 runs and NZ are looking like crap right now. Don't think well win this game so 2 - 1 with NZ still leading the series. Next game should be interesting. It's in the shittiest place in Aussie too :shifty:

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Aussie's hand us the ashes on a plate, by doing crap, so what do we do, go and say "no" keep them, we can't even hit 60 in our second ings against West Indies.

Beer Money Army

well aussie had there tour match

marcus north score 6/69 off 11 overs.. which is nice.. dougie got 3/29.. but none of the other bowlers really did much...besides Hilfenhaus...

the batter did well.

north make 52/50
ponting 93
katich 124
hughes 53..

i think marcus north should be used for the test game and use 4 pace bowlers.

sri lanka a ripping shit in test game against pakistan. after 2 days s/lanka got 7/644 declare (Jayawardene 240, Samaraweera 231)
pakistan are 1/44...

while murali, mendis and vaas.. i highly doubt they pakis will reach 280 with these 3 elite bowlers...

mcgain did 2/126 off 19.. pretty weak effort

Kizza

I say give Cullen or someone a go as spinner, they might as well cos the current ones are bloody well failing.

Beer Money Army

cullen failed against bangladesh 3-4 yrs ago...

i say use 4 pacers and use the combo of Marcus North and Michael Clarke..

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
England could snatch a draw of the test series in W.Indies in what has so far been a dramatic day.

Beer Money Army

Indies were lucky to win that series..

a series that i personally thought england should of won.. but failed badly...

australia have selected there one day squad

ponting
bracken
geeves
hauritz
david n michael hussey
johnson
voges
clarke
ferguson
haddin
hopes
laughlin
white

My thoughts:

We didn't beat s/africa last away One day series...It's a nice side, But i thought Phil Hughes and Andrew macdonald could of been used for, TBKB told me Siddle/hilfy are getting rested for nagging injuries..

Bowling part

I think laughlin was a choice due to has excellent Ford ranger series average. But I dunno how he will go against S/africa, since he lack in The 4/5 day form...

Shane harwood could of been a nice choice for them aswell, but he got into 20/20 i guess if he performs well there he can be a late addition. Aswell Mark cameron could be another option to use as well, as he plays well in One day form and 4/5 day form aussie needs bowlers that can perform in both forms of the game...

if hauritz fails this could be his last option to go as Aaron heal seam to be our best one day form spinner..(people may say mcgain but he's 36, may only have 2-3 yrs in him, we need some player that have atleast 7-10 yrs in them)..

also i would keep a close eye on Clint mckay he may only played 14 1st class/20 one day domestic.. But his average for both are

1st class: 52 wkts at 24.26 b/b 5/78
ODD: 33 wkts 25.42 best bowling 3/22

Batting part

I'm really suprise Marcus north has got ignored aswell as he average 57.16 in 7 ODD games this season and could do a few overs of bowling if needed..

for the 20/20 i dont really think much of them as any side can win these matches, just look at NZ/India 20/20 for instant. but we should have Brad hodge and Carseldine in the side..

Qwake

New Zealand fucked India up in the last ODI, what a shame they had already lost the series due to playing like little bitches. :n:

Beer Money Army

rofl qwake..(didn't india change there side alot in that last ODI game)

india are pwning NZ in test now.. The real form of the cricket game that pwns any other form...

NZ are lucky to get 279 tho while one stage being 6/61..
I told you jesse ryder is the man for NZ..(Vettori should really bat as #5 or #6)

But i can see India getting 450+ in there 1st innings, can't believe Chris martin has got 2 wickets so far in game...