THE Official Cricket Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Bloody West Indies "A" hit five hundred against us...shit...:mad:

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm going to change my guess from Aus/NZ being 4-1 to ... 0-5.

Hehehe, yeh, lost all belief in the Aussie team, having lost two wickets in .. 9 overs, scoring at roughly 2.5 per over...

Toddy

Reaction score
Australia must be craping themselves 61/5 after 22 overs is just bad but New Zealand have just been the better team today.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
181 all out of 48.5 overs - Poor.

Beer Money Army

i say our bowling and fielding performance was awesome..
Kiwi's had 50 to score that 181 and we pinned them down to the wire..(it's hard to win with a score of 181, but we made them work for it.. If our score was 15-20 more runs, we could of actually won imo.)

but woeful batting...
Aussies needs a great opener..

Simon Katich or Brad hodge would be perfect or even bring Len Carseldine...

I have had a enough of seeing warner.. it seems he can't bat as well if he doesn't score runs early..

while with Katich he doesn't bat too aggressively, but he can take control of a game and can last atleast 25-40 overs in a game... while warner can only last 6-10 overs.. Keep him for 20/02 but send him back to Nsw for more 50 overs...(his ODI average shows for it 5 Games 20.80, he's got potential, but he needs to control his aggression in batting)

why not try this
SE Marsh
J Hopes (if katich can play bring him)
RT Ponting
DJ Hussey
MEK Hussey
MJ Clarke
MG Johnson
BJ Haddin
Ben Hiflahaus
NW Bracken
SW Tait

If you look at hopes past history as aussie opener 17 v/india, 28 v/lanka, 22/bangladesh.. pretty woeful but it's the positon he always have had played...).. But you can always ditch him and get katich...

we got the side, But we need 4 full time bowlers that can bowl 10 overs each, Move hopes to his original position that he plays for Bulls. Opener, I feel no.7. isn't his natural number, that's why he has sucked in form... i feel warner needs to be dropped for atleast 1 game and give this format a try out... ( i would have Hopes/Michael clarke split that 10 over between them, as i think D.Hussey Spin isn't having much effected)

Reaction score
^^^I can understand several things you say. Firstly, I wanna talk about the game last nite! I walked out the door after seeing Johnson out and only posting 181 to get. I thought "this is over, for sure" but throughout the night, I was sitting in my seat watching a great match! NZ struggled with the bat, in the same fashion that Aus did, but the Aussie's up'ed their game in the field, tremendously! A great caught and bowled from Johnson, they hit the stumps three times (once from Hopes, on the rope I believe) and kept them on their feet. they had some nice catches (clarkes, im thinking of) and were had some of the best bowling ive seen from them in the ODI's this summer!

I think they should try n mix up something with the openers, I'm still quite fond of Warner opening for the team - if he can get into some minor form and score even a quick 50, rid the ball of the shine and even drop the momentum of the NZ's, then I think he's done his job.

Hope should be brought up to the openers position - i hear so much about him as an opener for QLD and wondered why he wasn't opening for Aus. This could be a nicer idea, something to try, maybe (im not sure about Marsh's hamstring injury) if Marsh is out for the next game.

As much as I don't like D Hussey's bowling, I can understand his importance last nite - get through lots of overs real quick, make the NZ lose track of the chase and the balls left. He was a little too costly last nite, though. I think keep employing the same idea with the bowling as of late, split the 10 overs between Hussey and Clarke, and bowl out Johnson, Bracken, Hopes and Tait.

Hopefully this bought a little bit of momentum back onto the Aussies side, as well as to the NZ side, and this Friday we get a killer of a match! :D

Beer Money Army

the news is out that Adam voges and Callum Ferguson have been added to the squad

my thoughts..

I am not too sure on why c.ferguson is in.. his one day domestic stats are 44 games, 1070, h/score 101. 1/100, 8/50 with a average of 28.15 (in the s.shield match he got 81/115, But that was in a 4 day format)

adam voges one domestic is over 40... he's alright player.. but i have never thought much of him.

maybe LA Carseldine or katich or dighton or klinger oculd of been better options.. since there the ford ranger top runs in the league..

i personally think Haddin needs to boot it...give tassie Tim Paine a shot...

Reaction score
^^^Idk, Haddin I think has pretty much cemented his way into the team. He played some fine innings over the summer of 5day stuff. he scored a 50 in the last game against RSA, and he seems to be, for the most part, doing his effort in the batting.

I think they're just saving Katich for the test stuff, too.

Beer Money Army

well India just pwned sri lanka...

I watch a lil bit of this match but it was going past to finish at 2-3 am..

but fuck india got 363 in 50.. Sehwag 116 off 90, Yuraj singh 117 off 95, Yk Pathan 59* 38... (india won by 147 runs) (KC Sangakkara did well as usually 83 off 82)

they just smash the utter shit out of them, Pragyan Ojha a person i havent seen before done did well 10 overs 4/38..

imo, India is the true #1 side in cricket.. S/africa 2nd, Aussie 3rd.. then the rest

Reaction score
So if there are any Aussies or Kiwis, or anyone interested in the Australia V New Zealand; Game 2 at the MCG, time to post some thoughts/predictions on it.

Today is, according to a NZ friend of mine, the National Day in New Zealand! I think this, like it should've done for the Aussies on Australia Day, should boost the play today with NZ not wanting to let down their country. On top of this, they should have some momentum coming out of a (slim, but none the less) win last Sunday!

Obviously I'm going to be rooting for the Aussies, and I would love to seem them come out of this awful funk they've been in and either post a big score (300+) or even chase a big score.

I'm not sure what else to say, I'm just going to go out on a real limb here, not knowing the toin coss...
-NZ bat first, I think they'll post an average score (250-280) and Aussies will chase it down.
-If Aus bats first, I think they will need to post a 270+ score atleast to keep the NZs on their feet, second innings.

Thoughts?

Qwake

It was Waitangi day, I laughed at the commentator using google to find out about it :laugh:

Anyways I am really shocked at beating Australia for the second time, another close game that Aussie just were really at their best. They started off terrible again losing some earlier wickets and they would have been crap without Clarke opening imo, he was alright as captain. Mike Hussey played quite well for you guys too, only thing he done wrong was that drop he had in the out field. Bracken and Hopes bowled well, I still don't know why that Ben Hilfenhaus guy is in your team though, he does the worst bowling every game and just isn't to great at anything.

NZ bowled great imo, Mills after 6 overs - A maiden, you got 12 runs off him and he got a wicket, that was awesome. A few others were good and they didn't really do to much wrong tbh. Batting was quite bad though, McCullum pissed me off, he always gets out that way and if he stayed in I think we would have won a little easier and more relaxed. Ross Taylor done alright as usual and that Elliot guy in the Black Caps done great, should have been man of the match as Clarke said.

Tomorrows game should be good, Aussie still don't have Ponting I don't think, its probably better to give him the long rest, you guys may like it without him (I know Kizza will). I actually think NZ will think they're awesome now and they will go into Sydney and get hammered, hopefully thats not the case but I have a feeling it will be.

PS: Haddin is a CHEAT! and lol Dipset, I told you NZ would have a chance of winning, who's laughin now :D

Kizza

We really are trying to establish a bowling attack, and Hilfenhaus doesn't deserve a spot in that team.

Reaction score
^^^Yeh I agree! I'm not sure why he was brought back into the team. Same with White - what's he there for? To get pelted around for a few overs and then be replaced with two part time bowlers? He hasn't done anything with the bat - get him the fuck off the team!

I think they should bring in another batsmen! Keep Warner there, the guy (like the ENTIRE Australian team) is having a rut of bad scores, and he's still very fresh to International play. Bring in another batsmen, a mid order batsmen, and set up the card something like this...

Warner - he still deserves a chance, for a bit longer.
Haddin - need a slightly more 'in place' opener, try and bring in a bit of 'fear', like Symonds would do.
Clarke - a solid third position batsment.
NEW BATSMEN - someone who has a solid strike rate and decent average. I think, with two wickets in hand they can come in with some time to bat, but hopefully not have to face the new ball.
M.Hussey
D.Hussey
Ferguson - give him another shot at it.
Hopes
Johnson
Tait
Bracken

This way we will still have Bracken, Johnson, Tait (replacing H/Haus as a strike bowler), Hopes, Clarke and D Hussey to bowl.

To bat now have a stronger line up, or what we can muster from our picks, at the same time giving Haddin a chance to bat as an opener, and also giving a new batsmen a go.

If not Haddin as opener, I'd suggest Hopes - I've heard he is impressive as an opener for QLD.

I still suspect a third loss for Aussies tomorrow.

Kizza

Tait can't be a permanent replacement. Not reliable enough.

He's only got the spot cos Lee is injured and Siddle has only just returned.

Also, why does Dave Hussey have a spot? Has he made a 50 yet this series?