The official CHIKARA thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Lots of controversy with this Skayde thing. Quack never should have trusted those Mexicans!

But seriously, Quack's been known to be pretty two faced sometimes, and we haven't heard both sides of the story yet. I've also heard that Skayde and friends were having visa issues, and Quack threw a fit over it, and a billion stories in between. So it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Early reports claim it was a disappointing show too so I dunno.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
CHIKARA GETS A VIDEO GAME!!!!!!!!!

its called Rudo Resurrection and apparently will come out on all systems, here is the link with the trailer

www.chikaravideogame.com

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
CHIKARA GETS A VIDEO GAME!!!!!!!!!

its called Rudo Resurrection and apparently will come out on all systems, here is the link with the trailer

www.chikaravideogame.com

No way! I will believe that when it happens. Plus, it just said multiple gaming systems. I wouldn't be surprised if they meant like SNES and Sega Genesis or something. :laugh: But yeah, I can't imagine it happening yet on like PS3 or something...but believe me, it would be awesome, just for the fact CT's invisible grenade would be in the game, which would immediately make it legendarily epic.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I hope this really happens. I would love CT's Grenade on their lol

The Ripper

Reaction score
latest from chikara101's dailyscoop

CHIKARA has partnered with some like-minded gaming trailblazers to create "Rudo Resurrection," a new video game currently in pre-production, set for release later this year! This story-driven game takes full advantage of the ever-deepening CHIKARA mythology, and features the macabre UltraMantis Black as he re-animates characters from CHIKARA's storied past. We're proud to announce "Rudo Resurrection" is coming to multiple gaming platforms in 2010, and more information about this highly-anticipated project will follow, but for now, we want to confirm that the first three playable characters in the game will be none other than Fire Ant, Soldier Ant and Green Ant of The Colony!

DENNIN

Reaction score
So whose getting pumped for that CHIKARA video game!?!?

Montana

Reaction score
Looks like Danielson is making his return to wrestling this next Saturday in Detroit for "We must eat Michigan's brain's" The card is almost full, however we could see Danielson vs. Quack. I am pretty lucky to be there live! Can't wait, my interest level just doubled.

G 3

Reaction score
Looks like Danielson is making his return to wrestling this next Saturday in Detroit for "We must eat Michigan's brain's" The card is almost full, however we could see Danielson vs. Quack. I am pretty lucky to be there live! Can't wait, my interest level just doubled.

Right on, Chikara looks like a real fun show to go to. Especially the chants and what not.

Montana

Reaction score

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just got back from the show and i was def. impressed. For a spot friendly company they were able to keep the botches limited, and the fans entertained the whole 3 hours. I thought the crowd would die off at the end, but it was well booked. Not a bad match on the card, and a very fun show.

Preshow: Crowd is estimated at a very strong 250 people. They actually had to get more chairs. Looks like Steve Weiner got himself that ride, as he is in the house.

0. CLASH Showcase: Cameron Skyy & J. Miller d. GQ & Tommy Treznik (??:??). I am under the impression that this was a dark match, as no one was on commentary. Apparently, J. Miller looked very good. Skyy and Miller got the win in a good match. 2.75

1. Teacher vs. Student: Mike Quackenbush d. Green Ant (6:09). In an unexpected match-up, Quack tapped out his own student in relatively short time. 2.0

2. Lince Dorado & Pinkie Sanchez d. The Osirian Portal (15:32). Lince pinned Amasis in a good match. Afterwards, the BDK continued the assault on Amasis & Ophidian until they were saved by...Vin Gerard & STIGMA. Boy, The UnStable sure do like The Osirian Portal. It's getting a little creepy. 3.25

3. Best Friends Forever?: UltraMantis Black d. Delirious (6:07). Ares is out controlling Delirious with the dog whistle. This was mostly a brawl, the finish coming when Ares and Delirious miscommunicated, allowing Mantis to school boy his former bestest buddy for the victory. 2.5

4. Fire & Soldier Ant vs. Super Smash Brothers (11:55). Fire Ant pinned Player Uno in what was described as a awesome encounter between former tag team champions. This gives The Colony duo their first point. 3.25

~ Intermission ~

5. Chikara Dream Match: Bryan Danielson d. Eddie Kingston (15:19). Claudio distracted Kingston, allowing Danielson to pick up the win via small package. Afterwards, "American Dragon" made an impassioned speech about getting more people interested in independent wrestling. 3.75

6. Six-Man Tag: Acid Jaz, Marshe Rockett & Willie "Da Bomb" Richardson d. Ares, Tursas & Claudio Castagnoli (10:58). Kingston finally gets under Castagnoli and the Bruderschaft's skin by distracting Claudio, assisting in the big victory for Da Soul Touchaz. 3.0

7. Young Lions Cup: Tim Donst© d. Frightmare (11:58). Donst stole a victory from Frightmare, utilizing a tie to choke him out and send a message to his opponent tomorrow, Bryan Danielson. Awesome. 3.25

8. Eight-Man Main Event: Equinox, Helios & 3.0 d. Icarus, STIGMA, Chuck Taylor & Vin Gerard (15:47). The Future is Now gains momentum going into tomorrow's tag title shot against Claudio & Ares by defeating the Rudo quartet. Helious got the pin on Icarus with the 630 Splash. 3.75

Montana

Reaction score

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just got back from the show and i was def. impressed. For a spot friendly company they were able to keep the botches limited, and the fans entertained the whole 3 hours. I thought the crowd would die off at the end, but it was well booked. Not a bad match on the card, and a very fun show.

Preshow: Crowd is estimated at a very strong 250 people. They actually had to get more chairs. Looks like Steve Weiner got himself that ride, as he is in the house.

0. CLASH Showcase: Cameron Skyy & J. Miller d. GQ & Tommy Treznik (??:??). I am under the impression that this was a dark match, as no one was on commentary. Apparently, J. Miller looked very good. Skyy and Miller got the win in a good match. 2.75

1. Teacher vs. Student: Mike Quackenbush d. Green Ant (6:09). In an unexpected match-up, Quack tapped out his own student in relatively short time. 2.0

2. Lince Dorado & Pinkie Sanchez d. The Osirian Portal (15:32). Lince pinned Amasis in a good match. Afterwards, the BDK continued the assault on Amasis & Ophidian until they were saved by...Vin Gerard & STIGMA. Boy, The UnStable sure do like The Osirian Portal. It's getting a little creepy. 3.25

3. Best Friends Forever?: UltraMantis Black d. Delirious (6:07). Ares is out controlling Delirious with the dog whistle. This was mostly a brawl, the finish coming when Ares and Delirious miscommunicated, allowing Mantis to school boy his former bestest buddy for the victory. 2.5

4. Fire & Soldier Ant vs. Super Smash Brothers (11:55). Fire Ant pinned Player Uno in what was described as a awesome encounter between former tag team champions. This gives The Colony duo their first point. 3.25

~ Intermission ~

5. Chikara Dream Match: Bryan Danielson d. Eddie Kingston (15:19). Claudio distracted Kingston, allowing Danielson to pick up the win via small package. Afterwards, "American Dragon" made an impassioned speech about getting more people interested in independent wrestling. 3.75

6. Six-Man Tag: Acid Jaz, Marshe Rockett & Willie "Da Bomb" Richardson d. Ares, Tursas & Claudio Castagnoli (10:58). Kingston finally gets under Castagnoli and the Bruderschaft's skin by distracting Claudio, assisting in the big victory for Da Soul Touchaz. 3.0

7. Young Lions Cup: Tim Donst© d. Frightmare (11:58). Donst stole a victory from Frightmare, utilizing a tie to choke him out and send a message to his opponent tomorrow, Bryan Danielson. Awesome. 3.25

8. Eight-Man Main Event: Equinox, Helios & 3.0 d. Icarus, STIGMA, Chuck Taylor & Vin Gerard (15:47). The Future is Now gains momentum going into tomorrow's tag title shot against Claudio & Ares by defeating the Rudo quartet. Helious got the pin on Icarus with the 630 Splash. 3.75

indyfan8

Reaction score
CLASH Youtube released the CLASH Showcase match a day or so ago from the CHIKARA Michigan debut, looks to be from the actual DVD -

"In honor of CLASH Wrestling's 100th YouTube video, we've uploaded this special FULL LENGTH match for our fans! On June 26th, CHIKARA made their Michigan debut with the aid of CLASH Wrestling. Our company was given the first match to kickstart the event and show the world what CLASH Wrestling has to offer.

Check out this entire match, taken from CHIKARA's "We Must Eat Michigan's Brains" DVD, featuring "Ace High" Cameron Skyy & "Murderous Monk" J. Miller vs. "Mad Scientist of Maneuvers" Tommy Treznik & "GQ" Gavin Quinn! For more information on this event and everything else related to CLASH Wrestling, please visit http://www.clashwrestling.com"

[YT]0LqazMjOnL0[/YT]