The Official 2024 NFL Preseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Not gonna say anything the rest of the night because I feel violent and might say shit I'll regret.

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Bobby Barrows said:
Not gonna say anything the rest of the night because I feel violent and might say shit I'll regret.
Bro it's a fucking football game

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Bro it's a fucking football game
I've also been working 10 hours, had a busy day at work, the Wild lost, and I've been running on 4 hours of sleep. Don't assume it's just the football game.

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Bobby Barrows said:
I've also been working 10 hours, had a busy day at work, the Wild lost, and I've been running on 4 hours of sleep. Don't assume it's just the football game.
I'm so sorry that it's been a rough day for you.

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Panthers owner David Tepper appears to toss drink at fans

Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper was caught on video during Sunday's 26-0 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars apparently throwing a drink in the direction of Jaguars fans from his open-air suite at EverBank Stadium.

The video was posted on social media Sunday.

The incident appeared to happen with about three minutes to play after an interception by quarterback Bryce Young, who was so frustrated after a sack early in the game that he threw a tablet on the sideline.

A Panthers spokesperson declined to comment. NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy said the league is "aware of the video" and has "no further comment at this time."

It came in a loss that ended Carolina's streak of 342 games (dating back to 2002) without being shut out.

It came on a day when the Panthers (2-14) assured they would have the NFL's worst record, giving the Chicago Bears (who own Carolina's pick) the top selection of the 2024 draft.

Carolina traded two first-round picks and top receiver DJ Moore to the Bears in April to move from ninth to first to select Young. Shortly after the draft, Tepper told a group of fans at Bank of America Stadium that Young would lead the Panthers to "Super Bowls.''

Little has gone right since. Young has ranked as one of the worst quarterbacks statistically in the NFL. The Panthers were assured weeks ago of their sixth straight losing season since Tepper paid $2.75 billion for the organization in 2018.

Tepper has fired three head coaches in-season since 2019, including Frank Reich after a 1-10 start to this season and Matt Rhule after a 1-4 start last season.

What a lousy piece of shit Tepper is.

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Source: Torn ACL feared for Miami Dolphins LB Bradley Chubb

BALTIMORE -- Miami Dolphins linebacker Bradley Chubb is feared to have torn his right ACL after being carted off the field during the team's 56-19 loss Sunday to the Baltimore Ravens.

A source told ESPN that there is concern within the Dolphins' organization that Chubb suffered a tear, adding that "it doesn't look good."

Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel said after the game that it's too early for a diagnosis, but he was visibly emotional when discussing Chubb's injury.

"One of my least favorite things in the sport and from my role is seeing a competitor go down and then have to get a cart," he said. "So it's always pretty emotional, just in general, but we don't have really the information to know exactly what it is yet."

Chubb went down with a noncontact injury late in the fourth quarter Sunday and was carted back to the locker room soon after. He was quickly ruled out for the remainder of the game.

The fact that Chubb and the Dolphins' defensive starters were on the field in a blowout loss drew instant criticism from fans on social media. McDaniel, in his second year at the helm, expressed regret in hindsight when asked about the decision to keep his starters in with the game all but decided.

"I mean, in hindsight, I would absolutely not have wanted him out there if I would've known that he was going to get hurt. ... It doesn't look very smart at all," he said. "The players wanted to go back in and play and finish the right way heading into next week. And I have the ability to tell them no on everything in this situation. There's plenty of decisions that I'll cross examine. ... The intention is always purposeful. And I made the call that the guys that went out there, they wanted to be out there.

"I would like a time machine, for sure."

Chubb, a Pro Bowler, leads the Dolphins with 11 sacks this season and took on a larger role after linebacker Jaelan Phillips tore an Achilles in Week 12. Behind him are Andrew Van Ginkel, Melvin Ingram and Emmanuel Ogbah, who was inactive for Sunday's game.

Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa expressed sympathy for Chubb after the game.

"We're thinking of you, brother, and praying for you as well," Tagovailoa said. "It's tough seeing one of our guys go down like that. It's unfortunate, but we still have everything in front of us."

Tagovailoa also left Sunday's game with a shoulder injury but said he is "good" despite not returning.

"Shoulder's good," he said. "Just a little sore."

He appeared to favor his left shoulder late in the fourth quarter Sunday and received medical attention on the sideline. With the game out of reach, he was replaced by backup quarterback Mike White. Tagovailoa was limited in practice throughout the week with injuries to his left thumb and quad, although he didn't have any injury designation entering Sunday's game.

The NFL's leader in passing yards finished the day with 237 yards, two touchdowns and his first two interceptions since Week 12.

Cornerback Xavien Howard also left Sunday's game with a foot injury and did not return; the Ravens immediately took advantage of his absence, with quarterback Lamar Jackson throwing for 321 yards and five touchdowns, finishing with a perfect 158.3 passer rating.

Howard suffered the injury in the first quarter, during Baltimore's first offensive drive. He was taken to the locker room on a cart and ruled out after further examination.

The 2022 Pro Bowler has played in 13 of the team's 17 games this season, recording 45 tackles, 12 passes defended and an interception. McDaniel said the team is not sure yet what Howard's diagnosis is.

The Dolphins' injuries come ahead of their season finale against the Buffalo Bills, in which the winner will capture the AFC East title. Miami has not won the division since 2008.

That'll be a huge loss for Dolphins' defense if it's confirmed.

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
This game's pretty much over. I'm so sorry Grim. :(

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
TOUCHDOWN VIKINGS~!!!

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
I may have spoke too soon after that score.

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
In his first season a starter, Jordan Love has thrown for more yards and TDs in a single season than any Chicago Bears QB ever

• Haha
Reactions: #Waddles

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
It's funny because they spent the whole offseason thinking Justin Fields was the best QB in the NFC and Jordan Love was a guaranteed bust

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
BSE said:
It's funny because they spent the whole offseason thinking Justin Fields was the best QB in the NFC and Jordan Love was a guaranteed bust
Love has definitely proved the haters wrong.