The Official 2024 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
For real Texans organization just fuck off deciding to part ways with Watt. He was the heart and soul of your Defense and in many ways the whole damn team before Watson got there. I mean wherever he goes he's going to make an impact, but in some ways I would love to see him join the Colts and stick it to the Texans twice a year.

Reactions: Doom

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I heard rumors of bills intrest in jj watt

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
For real Texans organization just fuck off deciding to part ways with Watt. He was the heart and soul of your Defense and in many ways the whole damn team before Watson got there. I mean wherever he goes he's going to make an impact, but in some ways I would love to see him join the Colts and stick it to the Texans twice a year.
He requested his release.

As much as him requesting his release is as a result of the franchise being incompetent they actually did well here and respected the wishes of probably their biggest legend.

Reactions: Doom

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Jaguars Director Of Sports Performance Chris Doyle has resigned amid backlash at the University of Iowa.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars director of sports performance Chris Doyle, the former strength coach at the University of Iowa who was accused of making racist remarks and belittling and bullying players while there, resigned late Friday night just hours after the organization was criticized for the hire by the Fritz Pollard Alliance.

Jaguars coach Urban Meyer and general manager Trent Baalke released a statement that said the team failed to properly consider the impact of hiring Doyle, who had reached a separation agreement from Iowa in June as a result of allegations made by multiple Black players.

Chris Doyle came to us this evening to submit his resignation and we have accepted," the statement read. "Chris did not want to be a distraction to what we are building in Jacksonville. We are responsible for all aspects of our program and, in retrospect, should have given greater consideration to how his appointment may have affected all involved. We wish him the best as he moves forward in his career."

The move came hours after Fritz Pollard Alliance executive director Rod Graves blasted the Jaguars and Meyer for hiring Doyle.

"At a time when the NFL has failed to solve its problem with racial hiring practices, it is simply unacceptable to welcome Chris Doyle into the ranks of NFL coaches," Graves' statement read. "Doyle's departure from the University of Iowa reflected a tenure riddled with poor judgment and mistreatment of Black players. His conduct should be as disqualifying for the NFL as it was for University of Iowa.

"Urban Meyer's statement, 'I've known Chris for close to 20 years' reflects the good ol' boy network that is precisely the reason there is such a disparity in employment opportunities for Black coaches."

The Fritz Pollard Alliance is an organization devoted to championing diversity in the NFL. It is comprised of scouts, coaches and front-office personnel in the NFL as well as other sports professionals.

Doyle's hiring drew immediate backlash on Thursday, when the team announced the move as part of Meyer's complete coaching staff.

A number of the allegations came from Black players and concerned the way Doyle treated them and his use of racist language. Meyer said on Thursday he researched Doyle, had some intense conversations with him and was confident that there would not be problems in the future.

"I vet everyone on our staff, and like I said the relationship goes back close to 20 years and a lot of hard questions asked, a lot of vetting involved with all our staff," Meyer said. "We did a very good job vetting that one.

"... I met with our staff and I'm going to be very transparent with all the players like I am with everything. I'll listen closely and learn and also there's going to have to be some trust in their head coach that we're going to give them the very best of the best and time will tell. ... The allegations that took place, I will say [to the players] I vetted him. I know the person for close to 20 years and I can assure them there will be nothing of any sort in the Jaguar facility."

Some of the issues raised by the numerous former Iowa players who spoke out on social media last year were: Black and white players were held to different standards, Black players were mistreated, Doyle and other assistants made racist remarks, and Black players felt they had to conform to specific ways of dress and behavior. Their complaints sparked the university to hire a Kansas City law firm to conduct an external investigation into the football program.

The issues were not strictly related to race.

Former Iowa offensive lineman Jack Kallenberger said last June on Twitter that he retired from football in January 2019 after he became despondent because of what he described as bullying related to a learning disability. Doyle was among the coaches he named who harassed him.

The university placed Doyle on administrative leave on June 6 in the wake of those allegations. One day later Doyle defended himself in a statement posted to Twitter that read, in part: "At no time have I ever crossed the line of unethical behavior or bias based upon race. I do not make racist comments and I don't tolerate people who do."

On June 14, it was announced that Doyle, who had been with the program since 1999, was out at Iowa. Doyle, who was the nation's highest-paid strength coach at $800,000 annually, received 15 months' salary (roughly $1.1 million), and he and his family were awarded benefits from Iowa for 15 months, or until he found employment elsewhere, which he did this month with the Jaguars.
ESPN

That was not a smart hire from the get go. Meyer should've had a background check on this guy before he blindly hired him. Bullying and racism of any kind is unacceptable in the world of sports. His past actions will blacklist him from being hired anytime soon.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
:punklol

Poor Indianapolis.

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
Well, Brissett should be happy. This will give him an opportunity to play in 2021 once Wentz gets benched or gets hurt.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Let's break this down here so Wentz in 2017 had one of the best years as a QB and as a Eagles QB momentum stopped due to his Knee Injury. He is a major reason why the Eagles got the 1 Seed that Year and because of his play they were able to make the Playoffs as Foles took the Baton from him and helped win them a SB. As much as Foles performance was a factor of them winning that year, look at the Defense, their Offense and what went right for them as a team and it could of went the other way with the multiple injuries they had that Season look it up.

We come back and it feels like people forgot about Wentz and what he did and thus the problems started. I thought he wasn't healthy going into the Season mentally or physically and it showed I thought. Foles takes over again due to Wentz's injury and he nearly got them to the NFC Championship imagine if he did. So Lurie and the Organization gives him a big pay day and you know what the numbers won't show it, but to me he really did well last Season having Practice Squad guys for his Offense being plugged in and out. He won the Division it doesn't matter who you play you win and that is what matters in the end if you want to be successful.

So Wentz thinks probably going into last Season you know this is my team now the Organization trusts me and says I'm a leader then they draft Jalen Hurts and that Shield is broken into pieces again. Howie Roseman is on the hot seat majorly after what has happened the past few Seasons between the problems with Wentz his ass Draft Picks and his decisions overall. He needs to go if this signing of our new Coach and everything else that includes Free Agency, and the Draft goes wrong for them again. Wentz had no Offense outside of Miles doing what he can, the Offensive Line being fucked before the Season even starting losing three guys from the jump and losing Lane before too long that is too much for any QB to deal with. I could see him fighting and fighting and he couldn't get it done and that is just not on him, but what was given by the organization. I wish Wentz nothing but prayers that he stays healthy and stays blessed because he deserves and it I hope Hurts who I think is a wonderful person like Wentz helps drives my team back to SB appearances and looking at the NFC East right now we can take the Mantel pretty easily if they get things fixed this Offseason.

Reactions: Worst Player Ever

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I’d probably be a bit worried if I’m whatever team picks up Watt. You just don’t know if you’re getting a 16 game JJ, a 3 game JJ, or a 0 game JJ.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
JJ Watt going to Arizona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Wow

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
  • Wow

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The Cardinals are an upcoming Defense to be honest with them needing holes to be filled to make them take that next step. Hicks, Peterson, Baker are guys I like on that Defense and he makes them better no doubt, but I don't see him really at all pushing them to the next level to complete for the Division. I still need the Rams and Seahawks are better overall, but that opinion might change of mines in Free Agency and the Draft.