The Official 2024 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Good for Kaepernick if he gets the job.

Reactions: Doom

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
I don't mind seeing Kaepernick back in the NFL despite the protests and shit.

If he does get signed by the Raiders, good for him. He can be useful it certain situations if he's used right.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

New Pittsburgh Steelers GM Omar Khan says new job is 'a dream come true​

ESPN

PITTSBURGH -- Omar Khan tried to keep the smile from overtaking his face when Art Rooney II told him the news.

But minutes after accepting the Pittsburgh Steelers general manager position, Khan couldn't contain his emotions.

"When I was sitting down with Art and he told me, and I tried controlling myself from smiling too much," Khan said Friday. "I was very, very -- I was thrilled. It was a dream come true. I actually gave him a hug on the way out. It's awesome."

Khan, 45, was announced as the next general manager earlier this week, succeeding long time general manager Kevin Colbert after Khan spent more than two decades with the organization, primarily in football and business administration roles.

"Obviously, we picked the guy we know very well," Rooney said. "Excited that we know Omar, Omar knows us, and I think it'll be a pretty smooth transition."

Though Khan is the Steelers' first general manager without a background rooted in talent evaluation since the 1970s, he doesn't anticipate much changing in the way he or the organization operates.

"I think it's going to be an easy transition," Khan said. "Coach T (Mike Tomlin) and I have had a great relationship over the last 16 years. We've confided in each other on a lot of things. We've spent a lot of time together. It's going to be a smooth transition."

In hiring Khan, the Steelers went with both a familiar face and a new approach, marrying the past with the future.

"I'm confident time will show this was the right decision for this franchise," Khan said. "I'm excited. I can tell you that I don't take anything for granted. I understand the expectations that come with this job. I can assure everyone that the expectations that I set for myself are even greater."

Khan, a New Orleans native, is the son of two immigrants. His mother was born in Honduras and his father is from India. After realizing that he wasn't athletic enough to play football, he changed gears and made working in the NFL his dream, modeling his work ethic after his parents'.

"Today is as much for them as it is for me," Khan said of his parents. "They're also the ones that had to listen to an 8-, 9-, 10-, 12-, 14-year-old kid tell them that he didn't want to be a lawyer, he didn't want to be an engineer, he didn't want to be a doctor, a teacher, a policeman, a fireman; all he wanted to do was work in the National Football League, become a general manager and win a bunch of Super Bowls."

He got his start in the New Orleans Saints organization in player personnel roles for four seasons before joining the Steelers.

As the vice president of football and business administration, Khan has been the Steelers' top negotiator and salary cap whiz. He'll maintain many of those responsibilities, and he's also building a staff of front office members who have strong scouting backgrounds.

Khan announced Friday he's hiring former Philadelphia Eagles vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl -- a Pittsburgh-area native -- and former Detroit Lions vice president of player personnel Sheldon White and elevating Dan Colbert, previously a veteran college and pro scout, to a senior-level position. The titles for Khan's hires haven't been determined, and he said because the situation is fluid, he doesn't know if Kevin Colbert or Brandon Hunt will wind up on his staff.

"I'm confident in saying that I've touched every aspect of the football operations, obviously some more than others," Khan said. "But I think every good leader understands his strengths and his weaknesses, neither of which I'm going to discuss here publicly, but I think every good leader surrounds himself with smart people that are going to help him succeed, and that's my plan.

Khan also said he'll continue the longstanding policy of not negotiating contracts during the season, he said Friday, though he is open to infusing the organization with a fresh set of ideas.

"Anything that can help us improve or win football games, we're going to look into and utilize," Khan said. "I have some cool ideas I think I'm going to implement."

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I’m all for Kaep getting an opportunity but we as football fans have to temper our expectations.

Dude hasn’t played in what, 7 years? Can’t expect him to come in and let the league on fire.

Him just getting signed should be considered a win at this point.

Reactions: Doom

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Cleveland Browns reach 4-year, $56.75M deal with TE David Njoku, agent says​

ESPN

BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns have agreed to terms on a new four-year, $56.75 million deal with tight end David Njoku that includes $28 million guaranteed, his agent confirmed Friday.

Agent Malki Kawa confirmed the deal on social media, while Njoku thanked the Browns organization in a post to Instagram.

The Browns placed the franchise tag on Njoku earlier this offseason, and he had until July 15 to agree to a long-term contract. Had they not reached a deal, Njoku would've played the 2022 season on the franchise tender, which is worth $10.931 million, per a memo previously obtained by ESPN.

Njoku, 25, has totaled 148 receptions in five seasons with the Browns, including 36 catches for 475 yards and four touchdowns last season. His new deal will place him among the league's top five highest-paid tight ends.

His best season came during quarterback Baker Mayfield's rookie year in 2018, when he hauled in a career-best 56 catches for 639 yards. After being targeted 88 times that year, Njoku's targets decreased over the past three seasons.

The Browns, however, are banking that Njoku will thrive moving forward with new quarterback Deshaun Watson.

The Browns are now the only team in the NFL that have a quarterback (Watson), running back (Nick Chubb), wide receiver (Amari Cooper), and tight end (Njoku) that all rank in the top seven at their position in guaranteed money.

According to ESPN Stats & Information research, Njoku set career highs last season in yards per target and yards after catch per reception, showcasing the physical skills that made him the 29th overall pick in the 2017 draft.

Njoku ranked fourth in the league among tight ends in yards per target (9.0 yards) and tied for first in yards after the catch per target (6.7 yards).

TBH, he's not worth that much money, as his hasn't been very productive since 2018. The Browns should've invested in money, to sign free agent players to fill needed positions instead of giving Njoku an new deal.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Rip Jeff Gladney dead auto accident former 1st rd pick from vikings

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Wonderful tribute and throwback cover of Madden when the first game of the franchise came out in 1988 as John Madden Football.

Here's the cover from the first game:

john-madden-football.jpg

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Loved Barber when he was in the League so sad to hear he's passed away. Too many young players and people passing away lately.

• Sad
Reactions: Cwalker and Doom

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler