The Official 2024 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Yeah if he has evidence that's fucking baaaaaad news for the NFL.
If this is true, then yes, it's a black eye for the NFL. And yes, Flores should get a job as head coach. Even Eric Bieniemy should be hired as head coach, unless he wants to stay in Kansas City coaching Mahomes and the offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I mean you should hire who u want and the best man for job but it is strange all hires been white guys I think for sure Bowles Leftwich Flores should be HC in NFL. It should be = playing field for all. Flores I like him but these past few months some of the stuff coming out and especially the statement he said to Tua is strange. You tell your QB if I known you this bad I would of drafted Mac Jones is fucked up. I don't think Miami should of fired Flores in the first place mind you as I do think he did a good job.

Reactions: Doom

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah if the Evidence Flores has is legit a huge Leg Drop for the 1...2...3. Surely Flores and Bieniemy should be Coaches by now I had Bieniemy on my Wish List last Season for Head Coach because of the reputation he has in the NFL and who's been working with in Andy Reid.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Seems someone the other day was calling him a choke

VGMKReM.jpg

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

@Royal Reaper

Thoughts? Loved him as a Head Coach with the Niners way back.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Oh look at that.....did it honestly have to take this long to make a simple name change?

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
49ers’ QB Jimmy Garoppolo says he is discussing potential trade destinations with GM John Lynch.

"I was talking to John the other day about finding the right destination. I just want to go with a place where they want to win,” Garoppolo said of his next team.

Garoppolo closed out his press conference by saying goodbye to the 49ers’ fan base.

"It's been a hell of a ride, guys, and I love you guys. So, see ya."

Reactions: Doom

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

got to go to YouTube to watch it I guess

Darkavius

Reaction score
If this is true, then yes, it's a black eye for the NFL. And yes, Flores should get a job as head coach. Even Eric Bieniemy should be hired as head coach, unless he wants to stay in Kansas City coaching Mahomes and the offense.

I find it hard not to be true. I mean we are talking about the same NFL where owners let Adam Gase coach 2 years in Miami and then he got another job coaching the Jets after screwing up the Dolphins.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
The newest name of the Washington Football Team has been announced:

ESPN

LANDOVER, Md. -- It's the Washington Commanders.

After 87 years with its former name and two years as the Washington Football Team, the franchise announced Wednesday morning its new name would be the Commanders. The team also unveiled its new logo and uniforms.

Washington's leaders -- team president Jason Wright and coach Ron Rivera -- had stressed during the 20-month process that it would like to incorporate the military because of its connection to the nation's capital.

Commander is a term used most often in the military as a naval officer rank, but it also can be used as a generic term.

"As an organization, we are excited to rally and rise together as one under our new identity while paying homage to our local roots and what it means to represent the nation's capital," team owner Dan Snyder said in a statement. "As we kick-off our 90th season, it is important for our organization and fans to pay tribute to our past traditions, history, legacy and the greats that came before us. We continue to honor and represent the Burgundy & Gold while forging a pathway to a new era in Washington. Today may mark the first day for the Washington Commanders, but we are and always will be Washington."

Washington's quest for a new name began in July 2020, following protests across the United States after the murder of George Floyd in Minnesota. Around that time, Snyder started having discussions with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about possibly changing the name that was considered by some to be offensive and racist. The team kept its burgundy and gold colors but is done with Native American imagery.

Crystal Echo Hawk, executive director of the nonprofit organization IllumiNative, had called Wednesday a "momentous moment" and said they can "put a horrible chapter to rest. There's still a lot of healing that needs to happen, so I don't think the team's work in regards to reconciliation and healing is over."

"The NFL is not done," Crystal Echo Hawk added. "The [Kansas City] Chiefs have to step up and follow the lead and be on the right side of history. Washington has shown these rebrandings can be successful. This is a good thing. All eyes turn to the Chiefs."

Ray Halbritter, the nation representative and CEO of Oneida Nation Enterprises, said the new name is important for all Native Americans, but especially future generations.

"They'll no longer be subjected to such an offensive and harmful slur every Sunday during the football season," Halbritter said. "It's a great moment for Washington fans. They want to support a team, to love a team, and now they won't be put in position having to do that with a dictionary-defined slur as a name."

The franchise said on July 3, 2020, that it would undergo a thorough review of its former name. Ten days later, it announced that it was retiring its previous name and adopting Football Team as a temporary moniker.

Snyder for years had resisted changing the name, telling USA Today in 2013 to "put it in all caps" that he would never make such a move. Some who have worked for Snyder said they believed he would rather sell the team than use a new name.

But that changed during the spring and early summer of 2020. In June of that year, a letter signed by 87 investors and shareholders with a total worth of $620 billion was sent to sponsors FedEx, PepsiCo and Nike, asking them to stop doing business with the team unless its name was changed. When that was reported by Adweek.com, multiple people -- including current and former employees -- echoed the same thought: It's over. Most, if not all, were unaware that a possible change was already in the works.

A small group in the organization, including Snyder and Rivera, discussed a new name at the time, but it was shelved. At the time, there were reports of trademark issues holding up a possible new name.

The search began more in earnest when the franchise hired Wright a month later. Wright's group met with alumni, fans and some Native Americans during the process, keeping fans apprised with updates on the team's website, whether by video or through his President's Briefs.

Wright said he didn't want to release the name until all the designs and logos were completed. In July 2021, Wright announced the new name would not contain any Native American reference or imagery.

Last month, Wright said one popular name among fans, RedWolves, was dropped because of trademarks held by others.

Former Washington quarterback Joe Theismann, part of the organization's first Super Bowl triumph after the 1982 season, had called the name a "new start."

Theismann said he will still feel an attachment to the franchise because of the team's accomplishments of the past. And he said fans will accept the new name if the team does something it hasn't done in a while: win. Washington has posted five consecutive losing seasons, though it won the NFC East in 2020. The team hasn't won a playoff game since 2005 and hasn't appeared in the NFC Championship Game since 1991, also the last season it won the Super Bowl.

"I don't feel detached, and the reason why is because of the fans," Theismann said. "Believe me, like anything else, you build it and they will come. You start winning, people will show up. If you don't win, people get disillusioned."

Former Washington defensive end Charles Mann, who played in three Super Bowls and won two with the franchise, said he will continue to associate with the team's previous name.

"That's what we were when we played," Mann said. "But there's a new era. New records will be broken. All of that to me is different and fresh and new. I don't have anything to worry about us being lost or forgotten. We did some incredible things when we played."

Wright said throughout the process that he did not want to be viewed as an expansion franchise. During the past two seasons, the team had "1932" (the year the franchise was established) painted on the field and adorned on signs with the name "Football Team."

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Here's the Commanders logo and uniforms:

commanders-logo-getty.jpg

commanders-uniform-closeup.jpg

washington-commanders-uniform-logo.jpg

Joe-Theismann-and-uniforms.jpg

snyders-commanders.jpg

I find it hard not to be true. I mean we are talking about the same NFL where owners let Adam Gase coach 2 years in Miami and then he got another job coaching the Jets after screwing up the Dolphins.
I refused to believe that the owners are racist by not having the black coaches being hired. Like OMB says, they can hire whoever they want and the odd thing, that the white coaches are the ones being hired.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Here's the Commanders logo and uniforms:

commanders-logo-getty.jpg

commanders-uniform-closeup.jpg

washington-commanders-uniform-logo.jpg

Joe-Theismann-and-uniforms.jpg

snyders-commanders.jpg

I refused to believe that the owners are racist by not having the black coaches being hired. Like OMB says, they can hire whoever they want and the odd thing, that the white coaches are the ones being hired.

I've only got to counter this by saying Donald Sterling hired black executives and black head coaches long before it came out he was a racist owner.