The Official 2024 NASCAR Regular Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I had Bowman in place before the race started and swapped him with McDowell about 10 minutes before the green flag lol

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I usually screen shot my team just so I can go back and evaluate after the race. Based on my quick math, I've lost....77 points due to bad garage management, which has largely been due to missing the end of stage 2. Oof.

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
Well, im glad that it's not just me making the mistakes. Yes, im happy to share the misery. :p

With Austin Cindric, I second guessed using him because he hasn't been reliable all season. I don't think that he has even performed well at that track in previous years....and then sure enough....he is up there in the top 10 for most of the race and benefits from Ryan Blaney running out of gas.

By the way, Carson Hocevar finished 8th, Justin Haley 9th...

SHR cars didn't do well... Berry wrecked and then the highest finishing one was Briscoe at 17th.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Read an interesting piece about Cindric's win yesterday. Reportedly, he's in a contract year and his poor performance this season has some people speculating that he could be on the hot seat with 4 current Ford drivers looking for work. Looks to me like he picked a good week to pick up a W lol

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Oh, and as an aside, it's expected that Love's is going to be staying with FRM instead of going with McDowell, but that's not 100% confirmed.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Read an interesting piece about Cindric's win yesterday. Reportedly, he's in a contract year and his poor performance this season has some people speculating that he could be on the hot seat with 4 current Ford drivers looking for work. Looks to me like he picked a good week to pick up a W lol
I feel he could be safe, unless his dad gets pushed out of Penske also, since he’s a high ranking official in the organization, I believe he’s the President without looking it up, or something like that. But I seen a few people saying Tim Cindric could be out, and if so then I definitely can see Austin on the out also.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Yea, Tim is the president of something with Penske. I think the assumption is that if Austin, who had gone 85 races without a win, continued to struggle, they would want him out and Tim Cindric would leave with his son. Don't think it matters now, as Cindric is gonna be in the playoffs.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Just me thinking out loud here. Logano and Blaney aren't going anywhere. Both signed "long-term" deals in 2022. If Cindric is considered the low-man on the totem pole, does the 21 car look more attractive to some of the guys leaving SHR since it's considered the transition car to get into a Penske ride?

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Just me thinking out loud here. Logano and Blaney aren't going anywhere. Both signed "long-term" deals in 2022. If Cindric is considered the low-man on the totem pole, does the 21 car look more attractive to some of the guys leaving SHR since it's considered the transition car to get into a Penske ride?
Quite possibly. Cause yeah, it could end up with you being in a Penske car. Even Cindric was on his way to it, til Brad made his move, so yeah, if I was one of them and I got the offer, i definitely take it and hope it leads to better things.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Hidden Blaze said:
Quite possibly. Cause yeah, it could end up with you being in a Penske car. Even Cindric was on his way to it, til Brad made his move, so yeah, if I was one of them and I got the offer, i definitely take it and hope it leads to better things.
I think if I was willing to bet on myself, I'd do it. I'm sure these guys know who's on the hot seat and who isn't, so while Cindric probably won't be out after this year, you'd have to think another extended winless period could get him out. To me, if you can set yourself up to get to Penske, you do that instead of going to FRM. If I was Chase Briscoe, I think I'd choose the 21.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Not sure if any of you guys watch Brakehard on TikTok or YT, but I've gotten into him. His latest video is a LOT of info, but I'm gonna quickly summarize here. I'll put my thoughts on some of this in italics to break up what he's saying from what I'm thinking. I fucking love Silly Season. Some of this is based on Bob Pockrass' reports.

Riley Herbst is a hot name to watch because his family owns a chain of stores and they have a Business-to-business deal with Monster, who sponsors him.

Cole Custer to FRM is looking like a real possibility, and it's assumed he'll bring Haas Automation with him as a sponsor. Riley Herbst, Josh Berry, Noah Gragson have been kicked around for the third team.
From a sponsorship perspective, it makes sense. If Love's is going to stay, Haas Automation on the third charter could make some sense. I don't think Custer is a great choice, but if he brings the money, he brings the money.

If NASCAR caps the charter system at 3 teams, Zane Smith is probably on the outside looking in at Trackhouse... without actually having ever driven for the team that signed him.

We have our annual Martin Truex Jr. retirement rumors going. MTJ has not told the team anything about his plans for 2025. Chase Briscoe could be in play for the 19. Erik Jones could return to JGR. Noah Gragson has a relationship with Bass Pro, and he's in there. Apparently Gragson is considered the hottest name on the market in the garage. Almirola's name has been mentioned as a bridge driver....and I'm not sure why unless there's just no one who wants to drive one of the best cars.

Wood Brothers. Harrison Burton is expected out. Chase Briscoe is considered the most coveted driver because Ford doesn't want to let him out of their camp. If it's not Briscoe, Cole Custer (if he doesn't go FRM), Josh Berry, or possibly Zane Smith who was rumored to the 21 coming into this season.

23XI is going to get a third charter. Corey Heim is a hot name. BUT, there are rumors that Riley Herbst's family has helped fund the purchase of the charter. Literally buying the kid a ride here

The fourth charter from SHR is still in play. RCR is exploring getting a third charter. So is Kaulig and Rick Ware Racing. I don't think either of those teams make any sense. Haley has RWR running moderately OK, but I think it's too soon to expand. Kaulig is trending down hard. I don't see any reason for them to add a third team when they can't get jack shit out of their two teams.

• Wow

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Pumped about Jr. getting that 8 back. But I think I'm really just happy that Teresa won't be controlling it lol