The Official 2024 NASCAR Regular Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’m so far behind lol. Almost don’t even think I can gain any spots.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
11 races left. There's definitely still time to make some moves. Stellar has moved into second over the last few weeks after being...stellar.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
So, Brad and Kevin locked themselves in on points after Watkins Glen, which means there's one playoff spot remaining. Bubba currently has a 32 point lead on Ty Gibbs and 43 up on Suarez. Those are the only two guys who could catch him based purely on points, and even then, they would need some help, primarily Bubba crashing out at Daytona. Obviously, any first time winner would take the last playoff spot. From a TV perspective, NASCAR and NBC couldn't have asked for much more for the Daytona race. You're gonna have a bunch of guys fighting like crazy to get a win. you're also gonna have Wallace, who runs well at plate races fighting like hell to hold onto the last spot. Nobody who needs a win to get in wants to have to get it at Daytona, but it should make for some exciting racing for us.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
If I was Wallace, I’d try my best to play it safe, but also make sure no new winners unless it’s him. Gotta make sure he finishes for sure.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
If I was Wallace, I’d try my best to play it safe, but also make sure no new winners unless it’s him. Gotta make sure he finishes for sure.
He's kinda in a weird spot. Playing it safe is a fine idea, but he can't play it too safe and let Gibbs finish too far ahead of him. Also, playing it safe at Daytona kinda keeps you in the middle of the pack where you're gonna get caught in the "big one." To me, Bubba pretty much has to race to win. It's the only way he gets to control his own destiny.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Also, some cool news. Netflix will film a documentary centered around the NASCAR playoffs in 2024. It will be produced by the people who did "The Last Dance" and Dale Jr.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Bubba should strive for a top-5 finish in the next race. If it's possible, he may also wanna think about making sure Gibbs never passes him.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Bubba should strive for a top-5 finish in the next race. If it's possible, he may also wanna think about making sure Gibbs never passes him.
That’s just so hard to do at a track like daytona. Gibbs can be in a pack of cars drafting and shoot by Bubba without him being able to do anything about it. To me, Bubba has to race to win. He’s in a weird spot where he both has the control going into the race and absolutely none of it during it.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
That’s just so hard to do at a track like daytona. Gibbs can be in a pack of cars drafting and shoot by Bubba without him being able to do anything about it. To me, Bubba has to race to win. He’s in a weird spot where he both has the control going into the race and absolutely none of it during it.
Well as they say, sometimes you gotta take a bitch out to win. :draper2

• Haha
Reactions: Tommy Bedlam

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Well as they say, sometimes you gotta take a bitch out to win. :draper2
Bubba could get a lot of fan support for dumping Ty. I still say Gibbs is the only driver on earth who can get NASCAR fans to boo the Jesus car every week.

Unfortunately, Toyota probably wouldn’t support a move like that lol

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I misspoke earlier. The Netflix series will be filmed during this years playoffs and will launch next year.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Performance Racing Network (PRN) reported some interesting news this morning. A couple weeks ago, the president of Toyota Racing Development said that Denny would absolutely be back next year. PRN says that there's still some questions around that. They're reporting that the deal still isn't done, and that Denny may in fact be done at JGR. (I'll update my free agent post accordingly). Were he to be done there, there's some speculation that he would go drive for 23XI, who could be switching to Ford. Obviously, this would mean that 23XI would need a charter to run a third team. PRN reports that they may get this charter from another Ford team in SHR, who could sell them the #10 charter since they couldn't land any of the people they apparently wanted to replace Almirola.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don’t think it happens. No way Toyota doesn’t do whatever necessary to keep Hamlin, Reddick, and Wallace in house. But it’s another fun silly season rumor.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Also, now it's being reported that Josh Berry may NOT finish out the season in the 42. But he will be in it for Daytona.