The Official 2024 NASCAR Regular Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Half these guys still owe him for last season when he spent a whole season running all over everyone, including teammates.
yep! Hell, cost his teammate a shot at going for the championship last season.

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Congrats to Sam Mayer for winning the race at Watkins Glen!

Very happy that he got his second win of the season.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Controversy creates cash!!
Honestly tho something I don't understand is the hatred for drivers that dump other drivers outta the way lol

I mean Dale Earnhardt's entire career was defined by being an on-road bully (a good guy irl tho). I suppose it's the persona that makes the difference I guess.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Honestly tho something I don't understand is the hatred for drivers that dump other drivers outta the way lol

I mean Dale Earnhardt's entire career was defined by being an on-road bully (a good guy irl tho). I suppose it's the persona that makes the difference I guess.
I can only speak for myself on this, and I don’t know that you were around for my Denny Hamlin rants. But here’s the somewhat abbreviated version of my thoughts.

I grew up when Dale Sr. was living up to his moniker as “the intimidator.” I love aggressive racing. Dale never climbed out of the car and tried to paint himself as an innocent little Angel after a wreck. After a night race at Bristol in the 90s in which he had wrecked Terry Labonte, Dale said “I only meant to rattle his cage” and gave a little smirk. Everybody knew he wrecked him, and Dale embraced his role. Additionally, when guys wrecked him, he would say something along the lines of “yea, he was getting me back. I’ll just have to get him back again.”

Guys like Gibbs (and Hamlin) like to drive through people and then act shocked that anyone would dare think it was intentional. Then, they act outraged that someone would dare retaliate. Hell. Hamlin got mad at Bell (his teammate) earlier this season for racing him. Not for wrecking him; he was on his radio complaining that Bell didn’t just let him pass him. That’s full blown bitch mode.

Gibbs is the same way. Last season, he wrecked half the field throughout the season, but then hopped out and gave his scripted little Jesus speech, and then got mad when the guys he wrecked got him back. Also, he broke the cardinal rule of nascar, in that you just don’t wreck your teammates. You race them hard, but clean.

Guess that wasn’t abbreviated.

EDIT/Add On
A lot of people I know also don’t like Gibbs because he basically just walked into his grandpas team and got handed one of the best rides in the sport. I don’t really blame him (or his grandpa) for that, even if I do crack an occasional “silver spoon” joke about the little prick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I can only speak for myself on this, and I don’t know that you were around for my Denny Hamlin rants. But here’s the somewhat abbreviated version of my thoughts.

I grew up when Dale Sr. was living up to his moniker as “the intimidator.” I love aggressive racing. Dale never climbed out of the car and tried to paint himself as an innocent little Angel after a wreck. After a night race at Bristol in the 90s in which he had wrecked Terry Labonte, Dale said “I only meant to rattle his cage” and gave a little smirk. Everybody knew he wrecked him, and Dale embraced his role. Additionally, when guys wrecked him, he would say something along the lines of “yea, he was getting me back. I’ll just have to get him back again.”

Guys like Gibbs (and Hamlin) like to drive through people and then act shocked that anyone would dare think it was intentional. Then, they act outraged that someone would dare retaliate. Hell. Hamlin got mad at Bell (his teammate) earlier this season for racing him. Not for wrecking him; he was on his radio complaining that Bell didn’t just let him pass him. That’s full blown bitch mode.

Gibbs is the same way. Last season, he wrecked half the field throughout the season, but then hopped out and gave his scripted little Jesus speech, and then got mad when the guys he wrecked got him back. Also, he broke the cardinal rule of nascar, in that you just don’t wreck your teammates. You race them hard, but clean.

Guess that wasn’t abbreviated.

EDIT/Add On
A lot of people I know also don’t like Gibbs because he basically just walked into his grandpas team and got handed one of the best rides in the sport. I don’t really blame him (or his grandpa) for that, even if I do crack an occasional “silver spoon” joke about the little prick.
See, I've only heard this about Joey Logano back in the mid-2010s, Logano wasn't just an aggressive driver but an overly dirty driver. I know about when he dumped Matt Kenseth, and Kenseth got him back in the playoffs.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to todays race. I’ve always enjoyed Watkins Glen. Gotta catch up on a weeks worth of lawn work, but I should be around for the green flag. Any predictions for today?

Reactions: Doom

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Bold prediction: McDowell's gonna sneak in again with another shocking win.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
He’s a solid pick. I’m gonna go with chase. It’s a must win for him, and he hasn’t shown the speed all year, but I think he gets it done.

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
I am pulling for either Chase Elliott or AJ Allmendinger. Kaulig needs some sort of boost. Other than the Dingers 2 Xfinity Series wins this year, they have struggled. Plus now with the recent news of Haley not returning AND THEN Austin Hill choosing to stay at RCR for next year.... Gotta pull for the Dinger.