The Official 2024 MLB Regular Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’d also love if the Braves could ensure we have Eddie Rosario and Jorge Soler also. Both were huge parts of the World Series run. I’d say Joc also but I don’t think we can get all 3 back plus Freddie, so I won’t be to greedy lol. Freddie is my main want.

Reactions: Swerve

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Gaffney, SC (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
I’d also love if the Braves could ensure we have Eddie Rosario and Jorge Soler also. Both were huge parts of the World Series run. I’d say Joc also but I don’t think we can get all 3 back plus Freddie, so I won’t be to greedy lol. Freddie is my main want.
I don't want to go to sleep tonight. I'm afraid I'll miss something, I think I slightly prefer Soler over Rosario but it's close.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
For the Jays, we did pretty good in the off-season we did have before the lockout from what I can tell of filling the void of Robbie Ray's tight pants in our rotation. I think they just need to ensure their bullpen is more sturdy. We already have some of the best bats in the league, so really just that and to have decent enough depth where if we have injury problems again that we don't suffer for it. But a healthy Jays lineup this year with them playing in Toronto (AND UNVACCINATED PLAYERS CAN'T PLAY IN CANADA SO WE GET ANOTHER ADVANTAGE ESPECIALLY SINCE THE RED SOX SEEM TO HAVE HAD A LOT OF ANTI-VAXXERS LAST YEAR AND WE'RE ALL VACCINATED) can make a run for the playoffs this season.

Even then, we have a good enough core of players mostly still young where we have our window open for a good while. It's an exciting time to be a Jays fan.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I don't want to go to sleep tonight. I'm afraid to I'll miss something, I think I slightly prefer Soler over Rosario but it's close.
Yeah, it’s close for me on those two. Like, both did amazing amazing work, so really hard for me to pick one over the other. Eddie was the NLCS MVP, but Jorge was MVP of the World Series… so I guess I’d slightly lean him also.

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Yeah, it’s close for me on those two. Like, both did amazing amazing work, so really hard for me to pick one over the other. Eddie was the NLCS MVP, but Jorge was MVP of the World Series… so I guess I’d slightly lean him also.
Watch a rush of players we're interested in will start signing during Rampage tomorrow night. :pogba

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
For the Jays, we did pretty good in the off-season we did have before the lockout from what I can tell of filling the void of Robbie Ray's tight pants in our rotation. I think they just need to ensure their bullpen is more sturdy. We already have some of the best bats in the league, so really just that and to have decent enough depth where if we have injury problems again that we don't suffer for it. But a healthy Jays lineup this year with them playing in Toronto (AND UNVACCINATED PLAYERS CAN'T PLAY IN CANADA SO WE GET ANOTHER ADVANTAGE ESPECIALLY SINCE THE RED SOX SEEM TO HAVE HAD A LOT OF ANTI-VAXXERS LAST YEAR AND WE'RE ALL VACCINATED) can make a run for the playoffs this season.

Even then, we have a good enough core of players mostly still young where we have our window open for a good while. It's an exciting time to be a Jays fan.
The Jays are like Memphis in the NBA. You have such a solid young nucleus that you don't need really any big free agent splashes.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
The Jays are like Memphis in the NBA. You have such a solid young nucleus that you don't need really any big free agent splashes.

Except unlike Memphis, we're relevant. And I know, but still even if we don't sign a big name free agent, looking at the market and seeing people who can fill in holes is a plus. Besides, we have some of the nicest uniforms in the MLB!

Reactions: Swerve and Doom

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Except unlike Memphis, we're relevant. And I know, but still even if we don't sign a big name free agent, looking at the market and seeing people who can fill in holes is a plus. Besides, we have some of the nicest uniforms in the MLB!
Memphis is relevant. They are the #2 seed. It was a compliment. I agree with the uniforms. I quite like them.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Memphis is relevant. They are the #2 seed. It was a compliment. I agree with the uniforms. I quite like them.

Proves how much I know about Basketball. Only thing I know is that they don't hold grudges.

• Love

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
This lack of player movement is disturbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
This lack of player movement is disturbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have to have patients dude. The explosion of player movements will happen eventually.

Oh, and this:

At least the Braves have a backup plan, just in case the inevitable does happen.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Fuck! This is not looking for the Braves as the Dodgers are coming in strong for Freeman. :(

CBS Sports

Talks between the Los Angeles Dodgers and free agent first baseman Freddie Freeman are "intensifying," according to Jon Morosi of MLB Network. Morosi further reports that the two sides "remain in contact" Friday night on a possible deal.

Freeman was, of course, drafted by the Braves in the second round in 2007 out of high school, developed by the organization, came up with a playoff-caliber team, stuck around through a radical rebuild and now has won an MVP and a World Series title in the last two years. He's now played for the Braves for 12 years, 1,565 regular-season games and 42 playoff games.

Through much of the 2021 season, many felt like Freeman and the Braves would eventually come together on a contract extension before he even hit free agency. In the celebration in Truist Park after the World Series parade, multiple Braves players yelled through microphones that the club needed to extend Freeman.

Instead, he hit free agency and remains unsigned.

The Dodgers are a fit for Freeman. They have perhaps the deepest pockets in baseball -- though the Mets under Steve Cohen might change that moving forward -- are a perennial contender, could easily fit him on their current roster and Freeman went to high school in Orange County.

The sticking point for Freeman with the Braves has long been reported to be a sixth year. Freeman wants a six-year deal and the Braves reportedly only want to give five.

Freeman, 32, hit .300/.393/.503 (133 OPS+) with 31 homers, 83 RBI and 120 runs last season, despite a terrible start. He made his fifth All-Star team and finished in the top 10 in NL MVP voting for the sixth time. In 16 playoff games, Freeman hit .304/.420/.625 with three doubles, five homers and 11 RBI.

If the Braves lose Freeman, they'll likely pivot to attempting to acquire Matt Olson from the A's via trade, though someone like Anthony Rizzo in free agency would also make sense.

On the Dodgers' end, they are slated to use Max Muncy at first, Chris Taylor at second and probably some sort of rotation at designated hitter. Adding Freeman means he gets first base everyday, but Muncy can handle second and DH duties while Taylor has the versatility to roam on defense.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
So I’m a complete novice to baseball. I know basic rules and shit from playing softball.

Are the Mariners a good team? Who are the ‘huge’ players like a Brady or Ronaldo type deal?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Lethal Banks said:
So I’m a complete novice to baseball. I know basic rules and shit from playing softball. Are the Mariners a good team? Who are the ‘huge’ players like a Brady or Ronaldo type deal?
Mike trout probably but it's way more of a team game so Superstars don't have as much success

Reactions: Lethal

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv