The Nintendo Switch

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Except the PS4 and Xbox One's launch title lineups weren't any good either(Neither the Xbox One or PS4 didn't start getting great games until 2015-2016). I'll probably give an unpopular opinion on it but I feel like while the Nintendo Switch will never surpass the PS4, it'll definitely do better than the Wii U.
But they had more than 2 pure launch games. The Nintendo Switch will have 5 games on launch counting games like Skylanders who also works on other more powerful systems.

The Playstation 4 had 26 games on launch counting backwards compatible games on the PS3, and all of those were improved versions on the PS4.
The Xbox 1 had 22 games available directly at launch as well.

We're not talking exclusives here, but games directly available on launch for the player to purchase and play. Amount of games available is always going to be a bonus towards a systems longevity and success. Microsoft and Sony have clear advantages in this department that cannot be compared even considering how traditionally anti Nintendo is towards working with third party developers. But that should make Nintendo put even more Ooomph into their launches.

Nintendo is the one console brand who truly sits on powerful franchises that no one else has in Mario, Zelda and the like. When they release a new system they should have at least 3 big games ready on launch to make sure people actually buy the damn thing. No sane person is going to pay for the Switch when it is basically just a Zelda machine until June-July and call it a good purchase, when they can wait until Christmas, get it cheaper and with more games.

The Switch will do better than the Wii U, but not by much. It will have a decent start on sales first weekend, then peeter out. Have small spikes when the big games are released and then fall behind both Sony and Microsoft again until Nintendo gives up and unveils a new system.

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
But they had more than 2 pure launch games. The Nintendo Switch will have 5 games on launch counting games like Skylanders who also works on other more powerful systems.

The Playstation 4 had 26 games on launch counting backwards compatible games on the PS3, and all of those were improved versions on the PS4.
The Xbox 1 had 22 games available directly at launch as well.

We're not talking exclusives here, but games directly available on launch for the player to purchase and play. Amount of games available is always going to be a bonus towards a systems longevity and success. Microsoft and Sony have clear advantages in this department that cannot be compared even considering how traditionally anti Nintendo is towards working with third party developers. But that should make Nintendo put even more Ooomph into their launches.

Nintendo is the one console brand who truly sits on powerful franchises that no one else has in Mario, Zelda and the like. When they release a new system they should have at least 3 big games ready on launch to make sure people actually buy the damn thing. No sane person is going to pay for the Switch when it is basically just a Zelda machine until June-July and call it a good purchase, when they can wait until Christmas, get it cheaper and with more games.

The Switch will do better than the Wii U, but not by much. It will have a decent start on sales first weekend, then peeter out. Have small spikes when the big games are released and then fall behind both Sony and Microsoft again until Nintendo gives up and unveils a new system.
True but the majority of people that bought PS4s at that time(At least the ones I personally know), during launch, only bought it for maybe 1 or 2 third-party games like FIFA, not for their launch exclusives that were poorly received by both critics and gamers. With the Xbox One, it did very poorly in pre-order sales after their whole Online DRM fiasco.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
True but the majority of people that bought PS4s at that time(At least the ones I personally know), during launch, only bought it for maybe 1 or 2 third-party games like FIFA, not for their launch exclusives that were poorly received by both critics and gamers. With the Xbox One, it did very poorly in pre-order sales after their whole Online DRM fiasco.
This is not about exclusives, but games available on launch. For Nintendo it is about their exclusives since that is what their brand is built around so much more than it is for Xbox and Playstation.

And you said it yourself, the one failed because of the DRM fiasco. Not about the lineup of games available on launch