The Nintendo Switch

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
There is others on their channel if anyone cares to check them out.

This video presentation doesn't seem to be working right now though... Booooo!!!

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I heard somewhere that the console while docked will output 1080p and portable 720p. For anyone who cares. Sounds reasonable.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
That's the weakest launch lineup I have ever seen. Zelda and Arms. That's literally the games available on launch. Everything else seems to be coming later.

I'm not going to pay 4 grand Swedish and a additional 600 for a console and one game.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
That's the weakest launch lineup I have ever seen. Zelda and Arms. That's literally the games available on launch. Everything else seems to be coming later.

I'm not going to pay 4 grand Swedish and a additional 600 for a console and one game.

I don't know why they didn't wait till the 4th quarter like they have and everyone else has since... idk, console gaming was born. This way they would have more games and people would be more dead set on "getting one for Christmas". I'm waiting either way. I never pay full price for a console. I wait for the first or second price drop. That and so far, I would only be playing Mario Kart and Zelda. Dangit Nintendo! I WANTED STAR FOX!
:upset:

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I don't know why they didn't wait till the 4th quarter like they have and everyone else has since... idk, console gaming was born. This way they would have more games and people would be more dead set on "getting one for Christmas". I'm waiting either way. I never pay full price for a console. I wait for the first or second price drop. That and so far, I would only be playing Mario Kart and Zelda. Dangit Nintendo! I WANTED STAR FOX!

Ooor we can has new Pokeman's game? :bayley:

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Ooor we can has new Pokeman's game? :bayley:

I just got my 3DS not that long ago so I am in no need to get a Pokemon game on the Switch. I would much rather see Star Fox come back :okay:
Even a new Kirby game would be nice.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Because Nintendo expects nostalgia and brand loyalty to move consoles rather than a impressive lineup of games.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Because Nintendo expects nostalgia and brand loyalty to move consoles rather than a impressive lineup of games.

It is still stupid. Who is going to want to buy a console with next to no games to play?

Stopspot

Reaction score
It is still stupid. Who is going to want to buy a console with next to no games to play?
The same people who buys every other Nintendo console on launch day despite whatever lineup (this is like the third console straight with a weak lineup). The die hards who own everything Nintendo either way.

Nintendo time and time again miss what both Microsoft and Sony have down, the stronger the launch lineup, the more sales. And the more games you have on launch the better odds of one of them being a hot seller in case another one sells badly

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The same people who buys every other Nintendo console on launch day despite whatever lineup (this is like the third console straight with a weak lineup). The die hards who own everything Nintendo either way.

Nintendo time and time again miss what both Microsoft and Sony have down, the stronger the launch lineup, the more sales. And the more games you have on launch the better odds of one of them being a hot seller in case another one sells badly

Yeah I guess so... I mean I am not a die hard fan and play on PC now but I did want it for a few games. No point in me getting it any time soon though. I'm just shocked. They probably figure too, there is no one to compete with. A lot of people who choose either xbox or playstation usually get the Nintendo console to go with it. The avid console gamers at least. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube so I planned on getting their next system regardless. I just will be waiting longer than I thought because of the poor lineup.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah I guess so... I mean I am not a die hard fan and play on PC now but I did want it for a few games. No point in me getting it any time soon though. I'm just shocked. They probably figure too, there is no one to compete with. A lot of people who choose either xbox or playstation usually get the Nintendo console to go with it. The avid console gamers at least. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube so I planned on getting their next system regardless. I just will be waiting longer than I thought because of the poor lineup.
I for one am baffled. This is the third straight launch Nintendo does this for their major console. And the Wii and Wii U never recovered from weak starts and got abandoned fairly quickly. Same might well happen with the Switch. The first year sets the pace

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I for one am baffled. This is the third straight launch Nintendo does this for their major console. And the Wii and Wii U never recovered from weak starts and got abandoned fairly quickly. Same might well happen with the Switch. The first year sets the pace
The list of problems with the Switch is as long as your arm. They are attempting to charge for online when their online services are notoriously bad and their attempt at matching Xbox and PS's free games per month is laughable, you get a VC title of their choosing (from only the NES and SNES library) that is playable for that month, so stupid especially when their Virtual Console is also pretty bad. I also believe to use mic's online you need to use a smartphone app too. Aside from that its overpriced imo, I don't see the value in it at launch compared to the PS4 and Xbox One having price drops, sure its one of the cheapest launch prices for a console but its still too much in its current market. And again in typical nintendo fashion its underpowered as always meaning third party support is going to be non existent. Their line up of games is piss poor tbh, the new Mario game looks really strange and is pretty off putting, Zelda is Zelda but its such a drastic change from the games tradition it might put people off, 1 2 Switch is a crappy pack in game that isn't being packed in but being sold for full price, Xenoblade is waaay too niche, MK8 Deluxe is seriously just a port of MK8 but adding in the content they so blatantly cut and Splatoon 2 could become successful but I feel the original was very flash in the pan, Skyrim is a 6 year old game that just had a remaster release on next gen consoles so why are they releasing the original 6 years later on the Switch?. Other than that its all multi platform games that are just blatantly better on other consoles. Also just little things like dropping Miiverse which is one of my favourite things about Nintendo consoles. Nintendo dropped the ball so hard its broke the floor.

I do however disagree with the first year setting the pace, Nintendo can still salvage the Switch. Not easily but its possible. The 3DS was salvaged from complete disaster to very successful console, it didn't sell as much as the DS but nothing was going to. The 3DS sold roughly 58 Million units and I'd round that up to 60 Million before it ends production.

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score

Except the PS4 and Xbox One's launch title lineups weren't any good either(Neither the Xbox One or PS4 didn't start getting great games until 2015-2016). I'll probably give an unpopular opinion on it but I feel like while the Nintendo Switch will never surpass the PS4, it'll definitely do better than the Wii U.

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
The list of problems with the Switch is as long as your arm. They are attempting to charge for online when their online services are notoriously bad and their attempt at matching Xbox and PS's free games per month is laughable, you get a VC title of their choosing (from only the NES and SNES library) that is playable for that month, so stupid especially when their Virtual Console is also pretty bad. I also believe to use mic's online you need to use a smartphone app too. Aside from that its overpriced imo, I don't see the value in it at launch compared to the PS4 and Xbox One having price drops, sure its one of the cheapest launch prices for a console but its still too much in its current market. And again in typical nintendo fashion its underpowered as always meaning third party support is going to be non existent. Their line up of games is piss poor tbh, the new Mario game looks really strange and is pretty off putting, Zelda is Zelda but its such a drastic change from the games tradition it might put people off, 1 2 Switch is a crappy pack in game that isn't being packed in but being sold for full price, Xenoblade is waaay too niche, MK8 Deluxe is seriously just a port of MK8 but adding in the content they so blatantly cut and Splatoon 2 could become successful but I feel the original was very flash in the pan, Skyrim is a 6 year old game that just had a remaster release on next gen consoles so why are they releasing the original 6 years later on the Switch?. Other than that its all multi platform games that are just blatantly better on other consoles. Also just little things like dropping Miiverse which is one of my favourite things about Nintendo consoles. Nintendo dropped the ball so hard its broke the floor.

I do however disagree with the first year setting the pace, Nintendo can still salvage the Switch. Not easily but its possible. The 3DS was salvaged from complete disaster to very successful console, it didn't sell as much as the DS but nothing was going to. The 3DS sold roughly 58 Million units and I'd round that up to 60 Million before it ends production.
3DS is the proof that Nintendo didn't need to have the most perfectly powerful hardware set as their priority to obliterate Sony's Playstation Vita in sales. As for the Switch, I just hope Nintendo can fix all of their mistakes they're making with the upcoming hybrid console because I see a lot of potential in it. I honestly think it's stupid to be forced to use my smartphone to chat and lobby with people when you're on console mode and the benefits that they offer for paid online subscription sounds extremely weak compared to what Sony and Microsoft offers. They(Sony and Microsoft) give out 3-4 free Modern games that you can permanently keep as long as you stay subscribed to their service, as opposed to Nintendo's 1 SNES or NES game per month only, and then get that game taken back from you once that month is over.