The Next Daniel Bryan?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
A lot of people seem to be admiring Velveteen Dream. Since his Gimmick and Wrestling ability turned out way better than expected

He mostly likely won't be the next Austin or Daniel Bryan, but he most likely have the secondary mega fan base

Like Rock was to Austin

He got a Prince gimmick over and seems crazy talented for 23 years old. How his gimmick will translate to the main product remains to be seen.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
He got a Prince gimmick over and seems crazy talented for 23 years old. How his gimmick will translate to the main product remains to be seen.
You are right, he won't be thrown in to the main event scene due to their horrible booking.

But it appears that he will have a large fan base that will demand him to be pushed to the moon when they feel it's right like Bryan in 2014

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
The way I see it, WWE is going to make someone the next Daniel Bryan. They did this with the Rock when Stone Cold ran out of gas due to his neck injury. They did this to Brock Lesnar when the Rock was moving away from wrestling and the list goes on. Every time a big guy is no longer viable, someone else is chosen to take his place.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Surely this question is who is the next Roman Reigns?

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
You are right, he won't be thrown in to the main event scene due to their horrible booking.

But it appears that he will have a large fan base that will demand him to be pushed to the moon when they feel it's right like Bryan in 2014

I'm a Velveteen Dream fan. When he debuted I thought this guy is DOA. But he got it over and his ring work is great. Kinda like Tyler Bate so young and so damn god in the ring.

5 years down the track yeah main event materal right now they kinda have a backlog of believable guys who should be in the main event circle.

Crash

Reaction score
Surely this question is who is the next Roman Reigns?

We don't need a next Roman Reigns.. I mean I like the guy and he was a decent worker I respect him. But I definitely do not want another guy who gets a push and everyone just booo him all over the place for 5 years.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Bryan was never universally over. He was over with the hardcores. He was over with casuals to a certain extent, but not like Rock, Austin or Batista were. He was never going to be a major draw.

It's a weak era of talent. So I can't see who the next Rock, Hogan, Savage, etc is going to be.

Ameew

Jobber
Reaction score
Becky Lynch definitely fulfils that criteria at the moment . I think the only problem is having strong enough competition to go against her . Once you take away Rousey and Charlotte , who else is there ? Asuka is a fantastic wrestler but hasn’t got the promo skills for a real heated rivalry .