The Next Daniel Bryan?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Nobody on the current roster is nearly as over as Bryan was.. Rusev was getting close last year, but they did nothing with him for so long..

Even guys like AJ and Braun are not as over as they use to be

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Don't you mean "The New" Daniel Bryan?

Jokes aside it is hard to predict someone to have the thunderous ovations Daniel Bryan had since what he did, and probably Punk, both happened so organically to a point where you can't book it on purpose. Nobody knew Punk would essentially voice every grievance they have and become their storyline hero. The 18 seconds thing for Daniel Bryan was meant to make people laugh at him and let Sheamus mock him for losing in 18 seconds, not cause anger and backlash to the point where the fans rally behind Bryan harder than normal and would for years.

Although the one on the roster who perhaps is the current "Daniel Bryan" is, as mentioned before, Becky Lynch. Her "heel turn" instead turned her into the most over babyface on the roster and she went from kinda an afterthought to being a star and a merch selling machine.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Hm, that's actually a very hard question.

I think Kenny Omega, Matt Riddle or Aleister Black maybe have that potential... But I don't know.

This stuff tend to happen organically, like when the crowd goes full force on one person. It's not something that is easy to create, it just happens...

Becky ATM, to your list I would add Adam Cole as a potential.

Problem is the WWE follow up. Ruzev about a year ago or Braun in 2017 being prime examples.

Becky might fall into the same hole.

Seth is also redeemable with the right push.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Difference between The Man and Rusev Day is that they actually want to push Becky

Problem is wwe are like you dad trying to be hip and listen to rap music cringe af. They are gonna make (already have) Becky uncool. Becky was cool when she was the underdog that wasn't getting pushed. Now she is on a slippery slope. Wwe fans are Thickle, they turn on people in an instant

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Disappointed at the lack of Mustafa Ali in the thread.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
We doesn't have a character tbh. Just generic high flying underdog. He needs more then that.

He got cheers on 205 live by his ring work. He has been a favorite of mine since he impressed me a couple of years back when 205 was new. Also watched 205 alot last year it was really good once HHH took over last January. 205 had several top 10 WWE matches of the year in 2018 IMHO.

Ali is getting a push of sorts. Just watche his Smackdown debut. He went up against Daniel Bryan and was tagging with AJ styles and he has that Mortal Kombat glow ion the dark thing.

And theres this spot lol.

As I said 205 had some great moments last year.

These days you have to be very good or be great on the mic to get over. Ali offers something most wrestlers can't IMHO.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
He got cheers on 205 live by his ring work. He has been a favorite of mine since he impressed me a couple of years back when 205 was new. Also watched 205 alot last year it was really good once HHH took over last January. 205 had several top 10 WWE matches of the year in 2018 IMHO.

Ali is getting a push of sorts. Just watche his Smackdown debut. He went up against Daniel Bryan and was tagging with AJ styles and he has that Mortal Kombat glow ion the dark thing.

And theres this spot lol.

As I said 205 had some great moments last year.

These days you have to be very good or be great on the mic to get over. Ali offers something most wrestlers can't IMHO.

For me Ali is nothing special. Loads of great wrestlers in WWE. I don't see why he is being pushed over other more interesting and better wrestlers.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Seeing your NXT avatar, buddy, I'd wait until Triple H takes over to bump this thread haha

They'll have to do a lot of background character work, similar to Sami Zayn's rise to the top in 2014, Bayley's whole story during the entire women's era, Ciampa's complete psychotic meltdown costing Johnny his job as we had every incentive to watch him rise from the ashes...

When you look at Zayn and Bayley now (and Gargano when he's on the main roster) it's insane to imagine them being the top of the company, but they seemed to be too good to fail down in NXT. Take that type of writing and mentality and bring it to Raw... who was the last person they did that with?

Oh yeah, Daniel Bryan. Accidentally or not

Reactions: Anthony Borthacyre

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The story of Bryan's debut in wwe all the way to now is pretty fucking good. Definitely the best character narrative in wwe today.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Disappointed at the lack of Mustafa Ali in the thread.
I thought of Ali but he just kinda falls under the "literally another Daniel Bryan" category, where he joins all the other small lovable underdogs like Sami Zayn or Gargano. Not that they're not able to re-do stuff but Bryan's story is so organic and unique, that it's hard to replicate it with a similar wrestler. On top of that, I wish Ali the best and he's a great wrestler, but I'm not sure if he's additionally as much of an all rounder as Bryan is when it comes to promos and character work

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Ali has no psychology in he's wrestling. Most wwe wrestlers don't. Not at all a great wrestler

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
A lot of people seem to be admiring Velveteen Dream. Since his Gimmick and Wrestling ability turned out way better than expected

He mostly likely won't be the next Austin or Daniel Bryan, but he most likely have the secondary mega fan base

Like Rock was to Austin

Redboy123@

Reaction score
A lot of people seem to be admiring Velveteen Dream. Since his Gimmick and Wrestling ability turned out way better than expected

He mostly likely won't be the next Austin or Daniel Bryan, but he most likely have the secondary mega fan base

Like Rock was to Austin
Rosters far too big. Amount of competition for that role ctually means that role never gets fulfilled