The Nature of the GAME

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BDC

Reaction score
The following is something I wish to post, but am afraid it will start crap...tell me what you think.

In this 'business' we call efedding, egos go with the territory. I mean, who wants someone running a character that doesn't believe in his character's coolness and his personal ability to write a great rp? Come on. WE all HAVE to have an ego about this. But how far does it go?

It stops short of arrogance. Once, in efedding, if you believe that you CAN'T be beaten, you begin to come up with conspiracies and reasons WHY you lost. It couldn't be because your opponent was better than you on a given day. It HAS to be because someone is bias or inadequate at grading your rp!

Let me assure you. These four staff members that you have now are as fair as you will ever find. You may find someone to favor you more. But no one who will be more fair or equal. We try to shift responsibility of the grading to keep from grading the same people all the time. If I have any question, I ask the collective for a consensus.

If we are to survive as a efed group, we need to learn to work together for the collective story. If you rp, you get over. You may not always win, but you will get a fair shake in the results. Also, it's not ALWAYS about winning. Watch actual wrestling. How many matches has Cena won in the last year. And yet he is over.

I like the mix we have here. If you stay steady and we work together, your characters will be a part of a great number of awesome storylines. If you get impatient and change characters every month or get bored too easily; it may be harder. We of the ACW staff are here to help your character realize it's potential. But let's work together. It's not about YOU it's about us all.

The_King

Reaction score
As much as I agree with the above, I don't think it should be posted. It comes off like we're telling all the RPers to stop the bitching when it's really just a select few. No need to ruffle the feathers of the people who aren't complaining. I think the way we deal with this is on an individual basis. If RRS isn't happy about the rating system and threatens to leave, tell him to drop the attitude or exit stage left. Same goes for any other.

With that being said, maybe we should consider putting up a poll asking everyone if they want a defined scoring system or keep it as is. If the scoring system wins, we come up with three or four options with descriptions of each and let them choose which one is best. In my opinion, it's only a select few people who HATE the current system (Andy, RRS, Multi maybe), but the poll could let us know if we're wrong on that.

If we want to go the post to everyone route though, I'm fine with that.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I agree that it doesn't need posted it's too much and if I weren't doing it and read it I'd be a little urked because it lumps everyone together.

To the point of posting defined grading system. We've never actually agreed on what we base RPs on. I rate them 1-5 stars based on creativity continuity and readability. Simple to the point and whoever has the most stars wins the match. And sometimes losses have to be given just to keep a storyline good though never in a title match.

I think this is all thats needed anything else is more like actual grades and I didn't join an efed to have people act like a teacher or a professor for me.

If RRS is going to be that much of an ass about it maybe we should just future endeavor him? I mean he's one guy who in my opinion just lacks that bit to go further he's kinda at a glass ceiling to me and not quite ready to bust through.

Belts will not be held up for ransom

Last edited:

BDC

Reaction score
Fair enough. I was afraid of that. Just the way I'm feeling, but it's just a few; like you said. Thanks guys. Keepin me honest.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Should I PM RRS?

Pete

Reaction score
Meh. Nobody's listening. Not worth posting. Nobody's gonna give a damn and it will be the same "raters r evil they jus wan 2 win demselves" we usually get.

RRS is very VERY good, but he's his own worst enemy. He gets bipolar way too quickly and starts talking shit, then loses motivation and stops RPing. Seen it happen before. Except this time, it's a damn shame, 'cause the boy really is on fire!

As far as scoring system, these guys need to understand there will never be a totally unbiased one. Each of us has that thing he values a bit more (in my case, snappy dialogue and a couple of laughs or really interesting character development) and those things that drag the RP down for him (in my case, sloppy grammar or just a dull setting where nobody happens. Oh, and Andy's Twilight-esque sense of 'description'). But as long as we are PEOPLE, we will never be unbiased, and they will always have something to gripe about.

Long story short though: don't publish. Hopefully Trix will NEVER lose and will be a God among efedders.

Prick...

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
As far as scoring system, these guys need to understand there will never be a totally unbiased one. Each of us has that thing he values a bit more (in my case, snappy dialogue and a couple of laughs or really interesting character development) and those things that drag the RP down for him (in my case, sloppy grammar or just a dull setting where nobody happens. Oh, and Andy's Twilight-esque sense of 'description'). But as long as we are PEOPLE, we will never be unbiased, and they will always have something to gripe about.

Which is why we should vote on the winner of every match.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
then if we do it for all we have a good excuse for not posting an "established" grading system while keeping it truly honest and objective.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This whole thing isn't an issue until RRS loses and we see what he really does and I think if we keep on about it it'll color all of our opinions on him so lets just drop it for now.

This show lets all agree on the winners of each match and see how that goes.

BDC

Reaction score
sigh...yeah, I guess...I hate runnin scared. Covering Asses and the sort. But if it will appease the masses, sure.

Sorry, I've been hella busy at work and had hardly enough time to rp, much less organize here in the staff room.
I'm not going to post the above because it won't change anything. We go on like nothing was said and if he loses, he loses. he wants to make something of it...we'll deal with it then.