The Name's Bond... James Bond MAFIA: Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
well imma go hit a bean and play some DD. Tag me when you need me.

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
yes and what does that have to do with me?
My bad, wrong discord WIFOM. What I was talking about with you is that before this game you told everybody in discord you're just here to shit on people for their bad play or something like that, it didn't read like you would take this game seriously at all. With that in mind I've slightly lowered my expectations of you for this game.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
My bad, wrong discord WIFOM. What I was talking about with you is that before this game you told everybody in discord you're just here to shit on people for their bad play or something like that, it didn't read like you would take this game seriously at all. With that in mind I've slightly lowered my expectations of you for this game.

With that being said, thoughts on my last post RE: Magic?

Showtime

Reaction score
Ugh I was working on a post to Magic and Ive lost it to the ether

Short version, you were asking why these three players, to which I answer, at time of writing, they were the best 3 directions, hence the near unanimous approval? If you have anything better, Im all ears but I doubt it

i was gonna go for you until i caught up more and then you started sounding more like yourself and i was like good. those directions still seem like shit to me.

what do you think of jeff's town read on you, as in the reasoning for it?

Like I said, busy at work. Trying to multitask.

I will preface this read with saying that I believe Magic to be an incredibly intelligent and meticulous player and it is pretty much known that I respect him as probably the best player on this forum.

Based upon that preface, 'might be a read but too jokey' just seems too wishy washy for a player of that caliber, like i'd expect better. Especially given the sea of content we have at our disposal from Brutus this game. Town Magic does better than this.

This doesn't really make sense to me. I don't see Sky and Jeff being aligned. Frankly I don't like Jeff's push on me as I don't think it has much substance but I didn't read him scum with Sky for a reason. I don't see what you see here and again seems somewhat fabricated, maybe you can enlighten me.

Magic is a better player than this. I'll use the word meticulous again. He remembers shit. He goes back to shit everyone else forgot. He is a good player. He doesn't forget his town reads.

Perhaps he will remember once it suits his agenda for one person in particular to get a town read?

Do you have an agenda?

how is might be too jokey wishy washy? when people get pressured they have certain reactions they typically have. being jokey is often not one of them as if they can't sell themselves well they'll be lynched. scum have teammates that they know and thus they want to survive for so they often avoid going down the route that makes them look worse so being as carefree as brutus was being regarding the amount of pressure on him seemed more of a town response.

how doesn't that make sense? sky often defends her teammates from other people and doesn't want wagons popping up on them so she will defend them out of instinct. that's what i saw in regards to sky's reaction to my questioning of jeff, but then their later interaction where sky was talking about jeff's confidence in his reads kinda changed that.

i can very well forget my town reads when i catch up over multiple days? appreciate the praise, but i dont think im half as meticulous as i used to be so it seems kinda off.

Showtime

Reaction score

idk what any of this is supposed to mean. i basically meant if you try throwing shit my way ill throw it back. i dont know why you would expect me to take the game less seriously, that's just a waste of time.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
i was gonna go for you until i caught up more and then you started sounding more like yourself and i was like good. those directions still seem like shit to me.

Well, unless Im mistaken, hes basically saying I was thinking along the same lines as him and thats why he leans town on me

I saw your post where you made out like I was sheeping him and thats why he town read me, but that isnt/wasnt the case

So yeah, im fine with it, even if it is a little brave :draper2

Why do you think the Mitch wagon in particular is shit?

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
I mean, im not gonna sit here and tell you its some nailed on thing, but the sequence is pretty straightforward:

We initially put votes on to force him to play as he looked to be doing the bare minimum, he went ahead and sheeped two other directions, which in your own words are shit and thats about it

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
I should say he doubled down on those directions, he had already voted both Brutus and Haza

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K

how is might be too jokey wishy washy? when people get pressured they have certain reactions they typically have. being jokey is often not one of them as if they can't sell themselves well they'll be lynched. scum have teammates that they know and thus they want to survive for so they often avoid going down the route that makes them look worse so being as carefree as brutus was being regarding the amount of pressure on him seemed more of a town response.

how doesn't that make sense? sky often defends her teammates from other people and doesn't want wagons popping up on them so she will defend them out of instinct. that's what i saw in regards to sky's reaction to my questioning of jeff, but then their later interaction where sky was talking about jeff's confidence in his reads kinda changed that.

i can very well forget my town reads when i catch up over multiple days? appreciate the praise, but i dont think im half as meticulous as i used to be so it seems kinda off.

I mean in general using the word 'might' when you are expressing feelings towards ones alignment is the definition of wishy washy. Not the kind of boldness i'd expect of you as town but perhaps the kind of play I might expect you as a scum player might make.

Let's investigate. The word 'might' is a word that expresses doubt, and when you express doubt, you project doubt.

One of the first things you taught me about being scum in this game is to initiate doubt, I remember you telling me that specifically and i'm sure you remember telling me that. By initiating doubt you are taking the town reads away from their natural direction and creating new directions that may be more favorable to you.

is this just scum jeff or does it seem that way?
what do you think of odo?
what do you think of sky?
what do you think of odo?

Now we look at this lovely collection of posts. In the back of my mind I'm thinking, hmm, is Magic trying to push a certain direction here. Twice asking what people think of Odo, is Magic trying to push Odo.

Then the more I think about what I mentioned above and what he told me back in that scum QT all those games ago I think.

Wouldn't those posts be a great way to initiate doubt into those particular players. Now those players are thinking, hmm yeah what about Odo, what about Sky...

Simple posts, initiating the doubt, because that's the first step of getting people to think the way you want them to think, isn't it Magic?

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Safe to say Magic/Haza not scum/scum, and the way things are going I think it just might be scum/town

Showtime

Reaction score
I mean, im not gonna sit here and tell you its some nailed on thing, but the sequence is pretty straightforward:

We initially put votes on to force him to play as he looked to be doing the bare minimum, he went ahead and sheeped two other directions, which in your own words are shit and thats about it

because they described him as someone that sits back, but yet when he went for brutus(i think it was brutus), he was directly looking for interaction. if he's someone that sits back as scum then he would have sheeped without any of the interacting part or even looking for that interaction if you know what i mean.

Well, unless Im mistaken, hes basically saying I was thinking along the same lines as him and thats why he leans town on me

I saw your post where you made out like I was sheeping him and thats why he town read me, but that isnt/wasnt the case

So yeah, im fine with it, even if it is a little brave :draper2

Why do you think the Mitch wagon in particular is shit?

ya i got that, but it's not your normal behaviour is it. whether it was or wasn't the case, if i just saw you going along with what i thought and little of your own input i wouldn't tentatively town read you for that.

Showtime

Reaction score
I mean in general using the word 'might' when you are expressing feelings towards ones alignment is the definition of wishy washy. Not the kind of boldness i'd expect of you as town but perhaps the kind of play I might expect you as a scum player might make.

Let's investigate. The word 'might' is a word that expresses doubt, and when you express doubt, you project doubt.

One of the first things you taught me about being scum in this game is to initiate doubt, I remember you telling me that specifically and i'm sure you remember telling me that. By initiating doubt you are taking the town reads away from their natural direction and creating new directions that may be more favorable to you.

Now we look at this lovely collection of posts. In the back of my mind I'm thinking, hmm, is Magic trying to push a certain direction here. Twice asking what people think of Odo, is Magic trying to push Odo.

Then the more I think about what I mentioned above and what he told me back in that scum QT all those games ago I think.

Wouldn't those posts be a great way to initiate doubt into those particular players. Now those players are thinking, hmm yeah what about Odo, what about Sky...

Simple posts, initiating the doubt, because that's the first step of getting people to think the way you want them to think, isn't it Magic?

ya.

create doubt on town reads, but no one is town reading brutus but me so im initiating doubt on a wagon that people want to lynch. not creating doubt on a town read to open up more options for a lynch, pretty much the opposite of that.

those posts are a good way to get people to make reads that they're not making and see how natural their read looks on someone they're not making reads on. that isn't creating doubt, that's you reaching.

Showtime

Reaction score
Sorry I’m at work. I honestly don’t know why I’m under the scope here. Sure I vote switched but it was literally from one scum read to the other. Haza and Brutus are the two on my list right now just like many others. I’d be okay with lynching either of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i take it you mean this post, odo?

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
ya.

create doubt on town reads, but no one is town reading brutus but me so im initiating doubt on a wagon that people want to lynch. not creating doubt on a town read to open up more options for a lynch, pretty much the opposite of that.

those posts are a good way to get people to make reads that they're not making and see how natural their read looks on someone they're not making reads on. that isn't creating doubt, that's you reaching.

Do you know that you're the only person town reading Brutus. All I've seen so far is a lackluster wagon on him that barely got touched. Do you want credit for being the only one town reading him even if you don't know it to be true?

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
I'm new to the WF style of Mafia but for me so far NotBrutus is definitely not doing himself any favours. Could be town coming out swinging but I'm defo getting scum vibes.
Weak defense, says he hasn't been ignoring people when he didn't say anything to my scum reads, and hasn't added anything important to discussion except that he thinks Smark is scum which I don't see at all.

Vote NotBrutus
I made a post saying that NotBrutus is scum to me
Sorry it was a typo, didn't realize I added an s at the end there. I meant he's saying he's responded to everybody saying he's sussy yet he didn't say anything to me which is alarming to me.
Not directly. @NotBrutus why didn't you say anything to my scum read on you?
Sounds good
That's totally fair I guess there's some stuff for me to learn. Brutus still comes off the most scummy to me. Hasn't said anything to really defend himself except just saying why Smark has sussy vibes on him. For me that doesn't sit right, if he had nothing to hide he would have more of a defense.
Smark, Tweet, you, Sky. The rest are up in the air.

I'm definitely getting scum vibes from Haza, though not as strong as Brutus. The whole Shawn thing is still super weird.
That's some serious shit right there and really changes things

Unvote NotBrutus
Vote Haza

I mean, thats every post he made around Brutus - the only real interaction is asking why Brutus didn't respond, most of this stuff refers to Brutus in 3rd person so, I disagree with your point above

Status
Not open for further replies.