The Muppets to Host the Halloween RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I kept forgetting to post this but for the Halloween RAW episode this year The Muppets will be the guest hosts.

This is an awesome move by WWE. Anyone that has seen The Muppet Show knows that first of all it was a hilarious show and second that it appeals to people of all ages. I can't wait to see what skits they do on the show and which muppets they bring to the show. I really hope they have Statler and Waldorf there in the crowd heckling. Swedish Chef backstage would be incredible as well although I don't know how he would be incorporated but still I want it to happen.

Really looking forward to that episode.

Anyone else looking forward to this?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Hornswoggle has tweeted and has demanded to be on the show...

Blujay

Reaction score
Too bad Batista isn't in the company anymore. Coulda seen The Animal and Animal backstage in a segment. Hell maybe even Road Warrior Animal. I just want to see Animal. Too bad Santino isn't around, he'd bring something awesome. I'd love to see R-Truth with someone, maybe Gonzo or Fozzy. A Jericho cameo with Fozzy would be fucking great ha!!! I'm stoked to see what they can pull off with this. I've always loved the Muppets since I was a kid.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
R-Truth with the muppets is a great idea as it would be entertaining. Hopefully Santino has healed by then and can at least do something backstage with them.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with this idea, a nice bit of good old fashioned, silly family fun, Scott you really are the grinch my friend LOL.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I know a few people that aren't a fan of this idea, but I am of the impression that this is a good move and will produce some entertaining television. Honestly there are millions of things that can be done to capitalize on this, I just hope that Hornswoggle has nothing to do with it or has limited involvement as I can't stand the little bugger. When I first heard of this, my first thought was, "How are they going to be in the ring without the puppeteers being seen?" since the preview is worded, "The Muppets step in the ring". But I came to the conclusion that I was overthinking it and if they appear before the live crowd, it will likely be in a different capacity. The quip Triple H made about getting security for Dolph Ziggler for when The Muppets would be there was priceless and got me that much more hyped for this show.

Myself personally I would love to see something with Sheamus and Beaker since Edge has made the comparison before. If they could make the Muppets being in the ring work, I could easily see John Cena and Kermit the Frog versus some team, maybe Miz and Truth. I could also see Mark Henry delivering the World's Strongest Slam to one of them for heat. Again, I could think of a million different scenarios.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think some might think that this sort of thing should not mix with wrestling as they should be two different forms of entertainment and the wrestlers might come off as being too cheesy or cartoonish, but as a one off and down in a funny over the top way, I can't see it harming their product. Might actually watch this show, and I am really off WWE right now.

Seak

Reaction score
I'll play the grinch here, I personally HATE this idea.

I've been lurking the WWE Facebook page a lot to see what all different types of people think about the current product. What I've realized is that the females, kids, and foreigners love it, but that's really it. They are also the "fans" who keep asking when RAW and SmackDown are on TV, ask for PPV results weeks after it airs, and generally don't seem to know anything about the product.

Meanwhile countless fans have been turned off from the product because it is to cartoonish, childish, and Soap Opera-ish. All the proof needed to back this up is the current ratings (RAW continues to drop below a 3) and the fact that Smackdown can barely fill half of an arena. The "family friendly" product that they keep trying to do isn't working! Females and kids just don't continue to tune in like the core WWF audience did (male 18-34) which kept their ratings great. Now they've ignored their fan base long enough that even when something great (like CM Punk's storyline) happens, they STILL can't get anyone to tune in.

So with the family friendly product failing week after week, they decide to bring in the Muppets. Sure, they might get a few extra kids to tune in for the show, but the next week they'll forget all about RAW. All they keep doing is ignoring their true fans, and their ratings, stock prices, and PPV buys will keep plummeting at a disturbing rate. Sooner or later WWE will suffer the same fate as WCW at this point. You can't keep losing ratings and PPV buys and think things will continue forever.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
First of all that is a bit of sexist view, a lot of women watch wrestling nowadays and you can't just claim that they all are John Cena fans and that they like to see a cartoonish product, you could argure a certain kind of woman maybe, but to claim it as a rule on female wrestling fans is harsh. This idea of WWE's main hardcore audience being male 18-34 is a outdated view, it may well have been the case in the late 90's/early 00's, but I don't think it holds a lot of water now. Wrestling fans female or male just want to see a good product, you have serious female wrestling fans just like you have male ones, for example I saw a number of woman at the ROH PPV two weekends ago.

Also I think you are making a bit much out of a one off raw, yes it might give a certain impression of WWE's image, but as long as you still get matches and the Muppets don't overshadow the wrestlers I don't see the problem here.

Seak

Reaction score
First of all that is a bit of sexist view, a lot of women watch wrestling nowadays and you can't just claim that they all are John Cena fans and that they like to see a cartoonish product, you could argure a certain kind of woman maybe, but to claim it as a rule on female wrestling fans is harsh. This idea of WWE's main hardcore audience being male 18-34 is a outdated view, it may well have been the case in the late 90's/early 00's, but I don't think it holds a lot of water now. Wrestling fans female or male just want to see a good product, you have serious female wrestling fans just like you have male ones, for example I saw a number of woman at the ROH PPV two weekends ago.

Also I think you are making a bit much out of a one off raw, yes it might give a certain impression of WWE's image, but as long as you still get matches and the Muppets don't overshadow the wrestlers I don't see the problem here.

I'm guessing you didn't understand a word I wrote.

Keith said:
This idea of WWE's main hardcore audience being male 18-34 is a outdated view, it may well have been the case in the late 90's/early 00's, but I don't think it holds a lot of water now.
I was pointing out that when WWE was huge the main demographic was 18-34 male. That is going off of facts from their ratings at the time. They tried to expand their demographic and add more people, but in doing so they alienated their base audience that made them huge. In the end, they lost more fans than they gained. I'm coming to this conclusion again based off of the ratings numbers. It does not hold water (wtf?) now saying male 18-34 is their main hardcore fans, because like I said, they went away from that key demographic (they still call it a key demographic today) and lost the majority of said demo.

And it is not a "sexist" view. As I stated, I was going off of the majority of what I was reading on their facebook page. I used their facebook page to see what non-internet fans felt on the product. The MAJORITY of what I saw from the female fans were posts about how good Cena and Orton look. I even got into an argument with a specific female who felt Orton should be the champ instead of Henry because "Orton looks so damn good and Henry is ugly." THAT was her argument as to why he should be champ. There were many other arguments just like that one, but this one sticks out to me because she was very adamant about her stance. Sure, there are girls that are actual fans of the business, but they seem to be the minority. That's far from sexist...that's an observation.

And I wasn't making anything off of a one off RAW. I was pointing out that this is just another step towards the direction they have been heading for a long time.....away from the male 18-34 demographic.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that The Muppets will actually draw in more older fans than younger fans. They were a bigger deal years ago when the Muppet Show was shown regularly and also when the movies were coming out in the mid nineties.