The Motor City Machine Guns to WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Word going around is that Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley, who both are now free agents, once again have interest from WWE but there’s no word yet on how serious the interest from WWE is.

It’s also known that Jeff Jarrett’s Global Force Wrestling has interest in the duo.
No source on this so take it for what it's worth. Anyway I swear the first reports of Shelley signing with the E were when there was rumours of the Cruisers show on the Network.

I do think they need to sign a new tag team or two though because the ranks seem to have taken a hit again with The Rhodes looking like they're splitting up and the break up of The Real Americans.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
MCMG are so fucking fluid as a team and neither really stand out on their own, so it would definitely be a good move on their part. I'd like to see them signed, but I don't know if WWE would. I'd definitely get them over The Wolves though.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Can't see it myself, if they have not taken an interest before I can't see why they would now.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Would be a huge mark out moment for me if they ever showed up. Probably my favorite team in the last couple years

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I think Shelley maybe under contract to New Japan still.

If they somehow went to WWE, I can't see them being a success. If they went to Jarrett's promotion they'd probably have more of a chance.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sabin has dodgy knees, doubt he could do the WWE house show circuit.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
LOL, what do you all mean you can't see or have never seen WWE show interest in them before!?

Shelley was twice a free agent and contacted by WWE, even according to Meltzer's insiders... Shelley turned them down the first time because Sabin's contract wasn't up and they were in the middle of a good run as tag champs and TNA didn't have them drop the belts. The second time, he went to NJPW... but it was after turning down WWE's offer.

Sabin hit free agency once as well with STRONG interest from WWE and didn't go because he, too, wanted to continue what MCMG were doing and Shelley wasn't yet a FA.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd mark the fuck out. I don't see it happening honestly. And that's not for lack of faith, but if you turn down WWE, what makes you think they'll try again? Especially when one of them turned them down twice!

Weez

Reaction score
Hey, that's an old school fucking mentality. Those two have made it with each other and each turned down WWE because the other couldn't come with them? A) That's old school. THey probably got respect out of the deal and B) Smart as fuck on their part, as their only hopes to get over are as a duo. I think the guys are crazy talented and a real, fluid team. They'd adapt well.. but

LOLWWETagDivision.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I think Shelley maybe under contract to New Japan still.

If they somehow went to WWE, I can't see them being a success. If they went to Jarrett's promotion they'd probably have more of a chance.

What makes you think they wouldn't get over..they are very Hardyz-like, I could see them having great matches with any team.

Oh and what is with Jarrett's fed, they are just a name and Youtube hype vids, pretty much a backyard fed atm, no credible wrestler is going there...

AF.

Reaction score
Very likable team and it'll be good to see them in the WWE.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I think they'd be great in WWE, they have a style that'd easily fit in.

Not sure if anything will come of it though. Pretty sure Shelley is still under contract with New Japan as well.