The Match I'm Watching Now

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Here's my idea. A lot of us watch old matches and we watch matches that others may not watch. If you're watching a match, share with everyone else what match you're watching and maybe everyone else will check it out.

The match can be from any wrestling promotion, anywhere and at anytime. This could be a good way to introduce others to matches they may never see otherwise.

Right now, I am watching Cactus Jack and Max Payne vs the Nasty Boys at Spring Stampede 1994. A classic Street Fight.

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I literally just watched the SummerSlam 2017 main event over my lunch of instant noodles...

1). I was shocked to hear the WWE didn't edit out Booker T.'s comments about "the Guy
I won't mention by Name" being the most hated person in the WWE on the DVD release.

(I actually have been buying all the WWE pay per views on DVD as they come out this year)

2). It really was a fantastic match which I read Heyman was the main architect behind.

&

3). Strowman really should have won the belt that night...the crowd was so ready for it...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I literally just watched the SummerSlam 2017 main event over my lunch of instant noodles...

1). I was shocked to hear the WWE didn't edit out Booker T.'s comments about "the Guy
I won't mention by Name" being the most hated person in the WWE on the DVD release.

(I actually have been buying all the WWE pay per views on DVD as they come out this year)

2). It really was a fantastic match which I read Heyman was the main architect behind.

&

3). Strowman really should have won the belt that night...the crowd was so ready for it...

It's kind of funny how when Vince was first pushing Strowman, most people weren't for it. But then Strowman just literally won the fanbase over... and once they were won over, Vince pissed on his momentum for his fuck buddy Roman. Sometimes I think the old man just wants to keep messing with us.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
It's kind of funny how when Vince was first pushing Strowman, most people weren't for it. But then Strowman just literally won the fanbase over... and once they were won over, Vince pissed on his momentum for his fuck buddy Roman. Sometimes I think the old man just wants to keep messing with us.
Yeah...but you can only get over in the WWE if they want you to get over...
& clearly Strowman failed to get the crowd to cheer for the "right guy" so
now he's going to be feuding with Kane...because the WWE can't have
anyone getting cheered when "the Guy I won't mention by Name" is still
being booed out of every arena & stadium.

I still think its hilarious that a giant, wood dwelling, serial killer-looking
monster can get "over" as a face with the WWE audience and "the Guy
I won't mention by Name" can't.

It must piss Vince off so much...and its probably why he keeps fucking
with his audience. Like he's trying to blackmail us into cheering for "his
guy"

I would seriously love to see Jinder vs. "the Guy I won't mention by Name"
only if to see if the crowd would start cheering for Jinder.

The entire situation is pathetic...and frankly "the Guy I won't mention by Name"
doesn't deserve all the hatred he gets...but the WWE fucked up, over-pushed
him, ignored their audience and have forever made him the "King of Boos"

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I recently watched Brock vs Roman at mania 31... and I have to say that’s one of my fav matches in recent times as it was simple, destructive, and nothing but intense. It showed romans strengths and courage, but also established that Brock is simply the fucking man to beat.

I loved how they threw Seth cashing in and pinning Roman as well. It was the perfect way to push Seth, keep Roman strong, and have Brock look like a raging powerhouse.

I don’t like it when WWE over protects so many stars, but in this rare case, it was perfect.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I recently watched Brock vs Roman at mania 31... and I have to say that’s one of my fav matches in recent times as it was simple, destructive, and nothing but intense. It showed romans strengths and courage, but also established that Brock is simply the fucking man to beat.

I loved how they threw Seth cashing in and pinning Roman as well. It was the perfect way to push Seth, keep Roman strong, and have Brock look like a raging powerhouse.

I’m don’t like it when WWE over protects so many stars, but in this rare case, it was perfect.

Yeah they really went and did everything right with that match as far as I am concerned. Actually the match was so good even before Seth cashed in that it wouldn't have bothered me if Roman would have won. Yes, I am not a fan of his, but I can support someone who can put on such an excellent bout winning it.

Having Roman spear Lesnar out of the ring before Rollins curb stomped Roman was the perfect way to end the match. It made Roman look strong by knocking Lesnar out of the ring and it worked on the idea of Rollins being a crafty opportunistic heel. I've been watching WrestleMania since the first one and that was probably the best one ever, in my opinion. I've watched that match many times over.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Here's my idea. A lot of us watch old matches and we watch matches that others may not watch. If you're watching a match, share with everyone else what match you're watching and maybe everyone else will check it out.

Right now, I am watching Cactus Jack and Max Payne vs the Nasty Boys at Spring Stampede 1994. A classic Street Fight.
Am I limited to the fed and its library of content, or is it free reign?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
For those in need of something to watch:
wrestlingshed

Use that site. Just push the randomize button and get a random match to watch

Reactions: Red Rain

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So today I watched...

Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins from the Royal Rumble 2015...
and it was great...and shockingly similar to the Summerslam 2017 main event.

Anyone else noticed that?

I also watched the 2015 Rumble Match itself...because it makes me fucking
chuckle my head off.

Reactions: Red Rain

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Recently watched (2 days ago) the 1990 Royal Rumble main event and really enjoyed it. Shawn Michaels was jobbed out lol. The 1992 one is also very good (best one ever?). 1992 also had a great Summerslam.

New Generation was decent at the time ( I liked it) and its really good now if you just watch the good bits lol (Basically Bret/Shawn).

Never saw Steamboat vs Macho WM III I ( I started WM IV) and its still a great match.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Well when I signed up for this site I saw AJ Styles vs Chris Sabin vs Petey Williams and about 10 years later and it's still my favorite match of all time

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So...for the first time ever I just watched:

Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
for the Intercontinental title from Wrestlemania III.

Since I've been back watching wrestling I've heard nothing but
praise for this match & I like the behind the scenes stories about
Savage planning it out beat by beat.

The match itself is extremely good with both guys looking incredibly
sharp in the ring with both of them showing great speed early on
with the crowd responding to any offense dished out by Steamboat.

The only element that brings the match down for me personally is the
presence & involvement of George "The Animal" Steele...but that is
just because I prefer 1 on 1 matches to remain 1 on 1 for the duration.

Still...I can see why this match is held in such high regard...even by
today's standards.