"The man makes the championship..."

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
assume the old adage is true about the worker makes the title, the title doesn't make the worker... so after Mania the belt hierarchy will look like:

US Championshp

Intercontinental Championshp

WWEWHC

right?

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yeah, probably.
Whoever winds up taking the US belt from Cena will get a bigger rub than someone taking the WWEWHC from Reigns. Same w D Bry and the IC.

I'm all for a meaningful midcard but they may be hurting the prestige of the main belt in the process

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Whoever winds up taking the US belt from Cena will get a bigger rub than someone taking the WWEWHC from Reigns. Same w D Bry and the IC.

I'm all for a meaningful midcard but they may be hurting the prestige of the main belt in the process

That may be true, I guess the way to avoid that would be to make sure Reigns takes down a few big name superstars at the start while he's defending the strap, just to build his champ status up even higher.. there's been some mad talk backstage about Brock resigning possibly so who knows Reigns might not even walk away with it at the end of the show.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

You're right.

I'm expecting either DZ or Ambrose to take away the IC title from Bryan if he ends up winning it at Mania.
As far as someone getting a rub by defeating Cena goes, no idea who that might be. Ryback, Sheamus, Wyatt maybe...

Whoever gets to hold the main belt, whether it's Reigns or Rollins, then they'd better not mess it up and find a way to care about all titles.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
You're right.

I'm expecting either DZ or Ambrose to take away the IC title from Bryan if he ends up winning it at Mania.
As far as someone getting a rub by defeating Cena goes, no idea who that might be. Ryback, Sheamus, Wyatt maybe...

Whoever gets to hold the main belt, whether it's Reigns or Rollins, then they'd better not mess it up and find a way to care about all titles.

Don't be surprised if it's neither of them. Lesnar very well could resign with them at the end of the month.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if it's neither of them. Lesnar very well could resign with them at the end of the month.

If Lesnar does resign and ends up retaining, I just don't get why they would kill Reigns just like that.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
If Lesnar does resign and ends up retaining, I just don't get why they would kill Reigns just like that.
Oh they'll make Reigns look very good in the process.. as he says.. "BELIEVE THAT!"

Here's honestly how I think it'll play out with either scenario of Lesnar re-signing or not..

If Lesnar re-signs: Lesnar retains after a 22+ minute match where Reigns had an equal amount of offense than Lesnar just goes beast mode and gets him with a Tiger Suplex to F5 combo.. Rollins proceeds to come out seeing that Lesnar is weakened a lot and cashes in.. right after the bell rings.. THE LUNATIC FRINGE IS HERE!! Dean comes out (he lost earlier in the night) and ruins Rollins chances of cashing in successfully, think back to Ambrose "Whenever you cash that in Seth, I'll be there to ruin that oppportunity!".. thus continuing Rollins vs Ambrose which still needs to play out!

If Lesnar doesn't re-sign: Reigns wins after a 22+ minute match where they were essentially equal matches, Lesnar off a distraction via PAUL HEMYAN gets Superman Punched, then Speared twice in a row and gets pinned cleanly... Pauly H takes Reigns as his next champion and again Rollins tries to cash in and Ambrose ruins it.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I'd say it would make Reigns look quite strong if he still gives Lesnar a hard-fought battle and then they give Reigns a proper feud going into Extreme Rules. Probably give Reigns a chance to win over more fans too, give him the chance to build his character and fight back from losing a match he was so sure he could win, and they can have Rollins cash in on Lesnar, who can then get the title back in time for WM32.

As for championships, I wonder if everyone here would be against the IC champion 'cashing it in' for a World Championship title shot on a B-PPV like TNA does with the X-Division.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Oh they'll make Reigns look very good in the process.. as he says.. "BELIEVE THAT!"

Here's honestly how I think it'll play out with either scenario of Lesnar re-signing or not..

If Lesnar re-signs: Lesnar retains after a 22+ minute match where Reigns had an equal amount of offense than Lesnar just goes beast mode and gets him with a Tiger Suplex to F5 combo.. Rollins proceeds to come out seeing that Lesnar is weakened a lot and cashes in.. right after the bell rings.. THE LUNATIC FRINGE IS HERE!! Dean comes out (he lost earlier in the night) and ruins Rollins chances of cashing in successfully, think back to Ambrose "Whenever you cash that in Seth, I'll be there to ruin that oppportunity!".. thus continuing Rollins vs Ambrose which still needs to play out!

If Lesnar doesn't re-sign: Reigns wins after a 22+ minute match where they were essentially equal matches, Lesnar off a distraction via PAUL HEMYAN gets Superman Punched, then Speared twice in a row and gets pinned cleanly... Pauly H takes Reigns as his next champion and again Rollins tries to cash in and Ambrose ruins it.

So both scenarios lead to Rollins not cashing in and I'd truly hate it if Rollins had an unsuccesful cash-in.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'd say it would make Reigns look quite strong if he still gives Lesnar a hard-fought battle and then they give Reigns a proper feud going into Extreme Rules. Probably give Reigns a chance to win over more fans too, give him the chance to build his character and fight back from losing a match he was so sure he could win, and they can have Rollins cash in on Lesnar, who can then get the title back in time for WM32.

As for championships, I wonder if everyone here would be against the IC champion 'cashing it in' for a World Championship title shot on a B-PPV like TNA does with the X-Division.
No. Let the IC title have prestige on its own, not just a ticket to a better title. thy devalues the belt IMO

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
So both scenarios lead to Rollins not cashing in and I'd truly hate it if Rollins had an unsuccesful cash-in.
Seth has Ambrose & Randy both with crosshairs pointed at him as the target.. there's no way he cashes in successfully before the next MITB. Let's be honest J&J as well as Kane & Big Show aren't stopping anyone.

mh0707

The Artiste
Reaction score
If both Bryan and Cena wins their matches, Lesnar will probably retain. Lesnar will continue to work his part time schedule (which isn't awful) and Bryan and Cena will main event the minor PPV's while the young core of superstars develop until someone steps up and becomes THE guy to take the title away from Brock. Not that it's going to happen but imagine Brock as the champion until the next Wrestlemania. The guy that will take him down, whoever it may be, is getting probably the biggest rub of all time.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain