The link between man & 'God' is FAITH. That's all that keeps things moving & alive.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I bolded out the parts so that you can see them. :49:

What are you saying dude? So Philosophy should be 'discovered' and not 'taught'?

By teaching I mean the transfer of knowledge.

Agreed. And to add to it, if you've learned something from the other person during discussion. You've basically been 'taught'.

I don't see why Philosophy can't teach.

God. I know what Philosophy is.
Stop teaching me the meaning of Philosophy, stick to the topic.

I'm not referring to teaching in the sense of it being learned, I'm talking of teaching in the sense of it being forced. By what this "professor" did with the student. That was forced "knowledge", not philosophical discussion.

And defining philosophy isn't forcing a philosophical idea.

C4

I'm not referring to teaching in the sense of it being learned, I'm talking of teaching in the sense of it being forced. By what this "professor" did with the student. That was forced "knowledge", not philosophical discussion.

And defining philosophy isn't forcing a philosophical idea.

Obviously the discussion was interpreted in a form which is easily understandable for all of us. In reality it wouldn't have been a forced discussion instead a philosophical discussion as a Philosophy Professor was involved in there.

C4

An atheist professor of philosophy speaks to his class on the problem science has with God

Can't you read? :tdk:

And RKOLegacy, this statement also tells us that there is a philosophical discussion going on.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The entire thing was one-sided by the professor, focusing solely on negativity. But as I said in my first post, and one of the oldest philosophical discussions... any object that has light cast upon it will form a shadow. The professor completely ignores this accepted ideology to argue that evil exists because of God.

But that's to say God is entirely evil and not good in any way, shape, or form.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Can't you read? :tdk:

rofl, i understand that u are a muslim and u are used to, but do you really believe every fucking thing you read?
it's clearly not a true story, but a stupid dialogue made to look religious people good and atheist look bad, obviously made by a religious person. want a proof?
again read my first answer, in the notes. an atheist who says '' we have to take lectures on faith''? that's from a religious person, not an atheist, the discussion is fictional.

C4

rofl, i understand that u are a muslim and u are used to, but do you really believe every fucking thing you read?
it's clearly not a true story, but a stupid dialogue made to look religious people good and atheist look bad, obviously made by a religious person. want a proof?
again read my first answer, in the notes. an atheist who says '' we have to take lectures on faith''? that's from a religious person, not an atheist, the discussion is fictional.

So what?

It's fictional but still there IS an Atheist Professor involved. :shifty:

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
So what?

....who isn't really an atheist.

and i have no doubt you'd believe it, you even believed Vince was dead after the car blow up. so yea...

MikeRaw

So what?

All it did was intentionally make one side look dumb, and the other smart. Any atheist could now go ahead and make the same thing from the other side, and look religious people look dumb, and supposedly prove there is no god.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Lol, C4 did you really say that apes and monkeys are the same thing?

God. They're all part of the Hominoidea. Biologically they're the same.

Actually monkeys aren't a part of the Hominoidea. Their part of the same suborder as apes and humans, but not superfamily.

And the cold and darkness, if heat and light exist the it by all means justifies using words to describe the lack of those things, since there is a such thing as having no light at all and no heat at all. If those points of no light and no heat could never be reached, then sure I could see where it would be debatable.

And I don't need to tell you about philosophy, since you already got checked on it. And by the way, I took a class from an atheist philosophy teacher, and no he didn't use any of those arguments when we discussed religion (which he did A LOT). As TIO said, it is possible to use those arguments, but as a process of elimination, as he also noted. I do not believe anyone who even had a remote clue about atheism would seriously use that as a basis for their beliefs.

And as for evolution....it is proven by fossil record that living things in an ecosystem
change over time to better adapt their ecosystem. That's what evolution is. All the other stuff about man evolving from APES is a completely different theory, although it was presented by Darwin at the same time he presented the theory of evolution in general, it is completely different and one has been proven the other hasn't.

J

Didn't read all the other comments but I thought it was pretty deep. I don't seem overly open about my faith but it's there. The thing that irratates me is Atheist are so quick to go hey your god doesn't exist and shit but then when I speka up they put it as I'm pushin my religion on them when there the ones in the first place who are so quick to tell me what is real and not.

MikeRaw

Didn't read all the other comments but I thought it was pretty deep. I don't seem overly open about my faith but it's there. The thing that irratates me is Atheist are so quick to go hey your god doesn't exist and shit but then when I speka up they put it as I'm pushin my religion on them when there the ones in the first place who are so quick to tell me what is real and not.
Lol, but some religious people complain about the same thing. Don't generalise everyone. SOME atheists will accuse religious people of pushing religion down their throats, but there's an equal amount who dont' bitch at all. On the flip side, there's a ton of religious people who actually do shove their opinions down others throats, just like there's tons that don't.

J

Thanks for the catch I didn't mean to generalise it's just that like 90% of the athiests around here do the thing I pointed out and it tends to piss me off. Cause I tend to be really open minded like I'll listen to people's take on religion weather even though my beliefs are not going to change. But the kids around here get pissed off just because I refuse to change my stance on religion.

MikeRaw

Thanks for the catch I didn't mean to generalise it's just that like 90% of the athiests around here do the thing I pointed out and it tends to piss me off. Cause I tend to be really open minded like I'll listen to people's take on religion weather even though my beliefs are not going to change. But the kids around here get pissed off just because I refuse to change my stance on religion.

Yeah, don't change your stance. I don't believe in god, and I'm not religious, but I wouldn't try to force you to change it. I wouldn't want you to try to shove religion down my throat, so as long as you don't, which you haven't, go ahead and believe whatever you want to believe, even though I disagree.

^i guess you are referring to me then..

Pretty sure he wasn't...