The Legacy

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

Cody has shown a lot of improvement, I'm rather impressed. I still prefer Ted though, but Rhodes will probably still go far. If DiBiase is the Orton, than Rhodes it the Tista. Just without the 'roids, illiteracy and constant re-matches.

Airfixx

^^^Too early to say... We still haven't really seen Ted come fully out of his shell (whereas Cody has largely started to shine since Ted left our screens).

I can't put into words how dumb I think WWE were to remove DiBiase when they did...

Moonlight Drive

It seems like backwards logic. Ted was starting to get over and they pluck him out? The Marine 2 will suck shit anyway, as long as he doesn't overplug it like Kennedy.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I don't think this is New Evolution, Evolution V2, nothing at all to do with Evolution. Evolution was about Past (Flair), Present (Triple H), and Future (Orton, Batista), With Legacy not being about past, present and the future. Rather it's all about the future, future stars in the WWE, future stars in professional wrestling. Young talent (that happens to be 2nd/3rd generation wrestlers) that are out to make a name for them selves under the guidance of Orton. Yes the stable will have the breakout star as most do but to me Legacy is not, has not been, or will not be the New Evolution.

CenaMark54

Even if it isn't realyl 'Evolution V2', this whole thing is designed for Ted imo, just like Evolution was designed for Randy.

There is no evidence that Legacy was designed for Dibiase. He isn't even in it.

This is not Evolution. Period. This stable is about getting Orton to the next level. If the others get over as well, then thats icing on the cake.

If anything, this stable is more like DX when Triple H took over. At that point, it was about Triple H getting to the next level. They were never trying to make anyone else in DX a main eventer.

Hometown Kid

There is no evidence that Legacy was designed for Dibiase. He isn't even in it.

This is not Evolution. Period. This stable is about getting Orton to the next level. If the others get over as well, then thats icing on the cake.

If anything, this stable is more like DX when Triple H took over. At that point, it was about Triple H getting to the next level. They were never trying to make anyone else in DX a main eventer.

This is exactly the truth. It's far more likely that Dibiase could feud with them though, he's pretty obviously not gonna be in it, at least not now. They're pretty much just trying to get Orton into megastar range. I don't think it's going to happen though, he's just doesn't sell enough merchandise to ever be like those guys.

The Rated R CMStar

DiBiase shouldn't have been taken out from TV this long. He wasn't so over to survive it. I expect a dead crowd reaction when in fact he returns.

And if anything, and since you want to compare this with Evolution, it would be like 2002-2003, when Evolution was all about keeping HHH with the championship.

Haze187

Reaction score
Am I the only person who thinks Manu doesn't fit? I mean why put this guy in there? what was the purpose he just looks like an Umaga rip off, he wouldve been better off debuting alone rather than waste a spot that another young 2nd gen star couldve benefitted from, he looks out of place.

ThePlumber702

Reaction score
I think it would be a GREAT idea... while youre at it get the new heart foundation in there and henning and whoever else... so many good second and third gen superstars(ted dibiase is third gen) that you could have a new nWo but one that actually makes some sort of sense insted of just being a stable of guys that don't want to get beat up by the nWo so they joined them... they just need to make us care about the rest of them(manu, ted, poss deuce) as much as orton which wouldnt be hard if they put their brains into it

Ed_cena

Reaction score
Legacy = gold.
Im becoming a fan of this group, Im pretty sure that is gonna be something like evolution, orton is gonna be champ, dibiase is gonna be the raising star and then they gonna turn on dibiase and dibiase will win the title from orton, probably wm26.
(remember a movie means push, so dibiase will have one)

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Legacy = gold.
Im becoming a fan of this group, Im pretty sure that is gonna be something like evolution, orton is gonna be champ, dibiase is gonna be the raising star and then they gonna turn on dibiase and dibiase will win the title from orton, probably wm26.
(remember a movie means push, so dibiase will have one)

Why is everyone saying this is evolution v2, or the next Evolution, or like it. It's not. Evolution meant the evolution of wrestling in 1 group, Flair (past), Triple H (present), and Orton/'Tista (future). Legacy is the pretty much what the name says, the legacy of wrestling. The legacy of a group of wrestlers that are proving they are better than their family of wrestlers before them. Yes they may have world champs in their group and a break-out star, but that's not just Evolution, that's many stables. That's usually what stables do if they're successful.

Airfixx

^^^Annoyingly, some peeps just don't seem to understand this and insist on lowest common denominator thinking ("It's got Orton in it > Evo's new wave") whilst many of whome, ironically, bitch about predictability and the WWE rehashing old storylines.

It's hardly suprising creative aren't seen to think outside of the box more in terms of storylines etc. when a fair amount of their viewers can't either.