The Joke That is RAW's Mid-Card

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
May be because there are so many people they feel they have to include in the main event picture in the first place. There are like 10 people who are legitimate contenders for the title. Instead of just picking a couple of them and pushing them and allowing the others to fall back a little and using them to give some credibility to the less established guys, they try and keep to many in the picture at once and there is just no way to juggle all those people at one time.

noumenon

Sure there is, take a look at the roster and I bet you'll find someone to pair each and every person up with in a feud. And it doesn't even have to be someone incredibly elaborate back storied feud. Just a string of matches or a simple rivalry.

Beer

Whoever said that John Cena made him big speaks truth. Not sure who said it here, but they're right.

Before that, Miz was simply a hopeful. Now he has a very large possibility of becoming a huge star in the future. I love the Miz.

noumenon

Yeah, like I said... I'm not sure it was the intention, but Miz sure as hell made it work in his favor.

maty619

Reaction score
raws mid card is no way near the standard of smackdowns and i think it is because raw has more of the wreslers that have never been successful chavo, carlito, masters and santino (they have never even teased with escaping from the mid card area but smackdown has the likes of john morrison (had a whc title match with jeff) chris jericho (he has basically been in the mid card since leaving raw well atleast he has been competing with mid carders and i dont need to tell you his crudentials) and cm punk (3 time whc champion) raw doesnt have any mid carders of that standard.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Todays midcard is alot better then the midcards of the attitude era

Rated RJC

Reaction score
The only guy who the thread starter mentioned that could actually make a significant impact and possibly become a main eventer is Jack Swagger and I still don't understand his lack of good booking.

The guy seemingly has all that it takes to be at least higher than he is now. It hurt him bad when he was moved to Raw when the Miz was really starting his ascent to the top up and coming heel. It makes you think if Swagger went to Smackdown in the draft/trade whatever it was he would be better for it.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
I find it hard to take a guy seriously as a potential threat when he talkth with a lithp. I giggle everytime he tries to sound threatening. Makes me grateful that Legacy has DiBiase as the mouthpiece.

MizMasta3000

His promos are nonetheless legit. He can talk with a lisp and cut a not too shabby promo. That's talent. I use to be a huge Swagger mark. Now it just disappoints me when I see him and think what could have been

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I find it hard to take a guy seriously as a potential threat when he talkth with a lithp. I giggle everytime he tries to sound threatening. Makes me grateful that Legacy has DiBiase as the mouthpiece.

Cody has a lisp but is still great on the mic. If you put Rhodes' promo ability in Swagger's body, he'd be main eventing already.

I used to be big on Dibiase but shallow booking kinda threw me off him and Legacy as a whole. Seeing the last few posts reminded me that Dibiase & Rhodes can and probably should be classified as Mid Carders and they are too victims of bad booking. The entire Legacy group is barely seen as a group which is really disappointing. WWE complains about needing new stars but refuse to make them when they have a shot.

Airfixx

Carlito and Primo have done nothing since their epic feud when they spilt,

Goddamn, I hope that's sarcasm.

Mark Henry was just odd. He went from being on ECW and getting mild heat/no reaction to coming to RAW and his first night getting the biggest pop on the fucking show. And it wasn't just because of the thing with Orton, it carried on for a few weeks.

Far from encouraging that WWE don't seem to be able to see this shit and run with it.

Nation

How dare you speak bad about Cody Rhodes. In fact I find him to be better then DiBiase on the mic. He's a way better heel talker.

seX-Power

Imo, the thing that separates Raw's and Smackdown's mid cards are that on SD the division always remains fresh because main eventers with nothing to do atm step down and help some of the younger workers, ie. Jericho, Mysterio, Punk.