• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Iron Claw - Von Erich Family Biopic

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Interesting it's coming out during Christmas time not sure I want to watch a Film where a Family had such a great rise then a horrible fallf from grace with Death and Suicide. If anything I hope they dive into that alot and it shows people to get help if you're feeling that way.

Last edited:

Rosie

Dark Side
Really good trailer. For the wrestling fans, we sort of have an idea how it may end, but it will be quite a gut punch of a movie. Though Zac Efron going with that haircut will always remind me of him back as a Teen/Young adult in High School musical dangit. Especially in the scene where he sits with a red t-shirt with white stripes. I'll have to fight the urge to go "WHAT TEAM!?"

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I might be overestimating it but I think the generation that was alive for the Von Erichs here in Texas are gonna go crazy for this, it's insane how common it is to hear them brought up from older folk bc they were so popular for those few years.

They just gotta make sure they run commercials on the right channels I guess, hit up that outdoors channel I guess idk

Sabretooth

Really good trailer. For the wrestling fans, we sort of have an idea how it may end, but it will be quite a gut punch of a movie. Though Zac Efron going with that haircut will always remind me of him back as a Teen/Young adult in High School musical dangit. Especially in the scene where he sits with a red t-shirt with white stripes. I'll have to fight the urge to go "WHAT TEAM!?"
HSM was a huge part of my childhood and damn proud of it

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Yeah the Von Erich family is well beyond beloved, almost sort of mythical in Texas, if I recall correctly. I think for a lot of fans who aren't wrestlers though but interested in drama biopics, this is gonna open a lot of eyes just to the tragic circumstances of the whole family. It'll be really interesting to see how the movie performs.