The Hip-Hop Highway

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Joey

Reaction score
2vi616h.png

Prelude

So, I really wanted to do this, sort of just a thread for all things Hip-Hop, and R&B. I know we have some Hip-Hop Heads here on the Forum, so I wanted to make something exclusively for them. Basically this is General Hip-hop Discussion, and everyone's welcome. If you find something new, and would like to share, this is the place to do so. If you have questions about an Artist, or comments, or anything I'm sure we'll strike a good conversation here. If you're simply looking for a good talk, I'm sure we can make it happen. I'll be relatively active here, the more fella's the better. This could also be a good place to do short album reviews, or group streaming.

Group Streams

So, earlier on this year I discovered www.plug.dj , a site used for groups of people to enjoy music together. Everyone sets up a playlist, and it switches from person to person after every tune. It has a little chatbox, and its nice and fast. Theres also a like and dislike system, if enough of the users dislike the song, the song skips. Its a whole lot of fun. Basically just go on the site, and set up a profile.

Reviews

Be free to do so. Also, if you hear any news, spoilers etc, share em.

Leaking

Yeah do that too, everyone likes hearing music early.

__

So, lets get to it.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Drake is king.

/thread

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I don't really listen to new hip hop music, more out of indifference than any particular dislike of the genre. I love old school though, from Public Enemy to Kool G Rap and DJ Polo and NWA to Run DMC. Obviously that's due to growing up during the time period, but for some reason the sound just generally appeals to me more than new stuff. I guess I should attempt to listen to more recent hip hop, but its tough to find a place to start. Any help on that (not Drake thanks, already heard it and not a big fan) would be appreciated though. Just a list of a few notable musicians/bands since say, 2009 or so, would be great.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I don't really listen to new hip hop music, more out of indifference than any particular dislike of the genre. I love old school though, from Public Enemy to Kool G Rap and DJ Polo and NWA to Run DMC. Obviously that's due to growing up during the time period, but for some reason the sound just generally appeals to me more than new stuff. I guess I should attempt to listen to more recent hip hop, but its tough to find a place to start. Any help on that (not Drake thanks, already heard it and not a big fan) would be appreciated though. Just a list of a few notable musicians/bands since say, 2009 or so, would be great.
Kanye West
Pusha T
Big Sean
Rick Ross
Tyga (probably not for you)
Kendrick Lamar
Ab-Soul
Jon Bellion (highly recommend, he's not huge but he makes incredible music which isn't always hip-hop)
Mike Stud

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Thanks Charlie, that's a good start. Heard Kendrick Lamar's album from a couple of years back and thought it was alright. Didn't blow my mind but definitely something I'd listen to again. Thanks also for prefacing that Tyga probably isn't for me, think I'll just skip it. :lol:

Definitely going to check out Jon Bellion at some point this afternoon. I'll post up some thoughts in here when I do.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Thanks Charlie, that's a good start. Heard Kendrick Lamar's album from a couple of years back and thought it was alright. Didn't blow my mind but definitely something I'd listen to again. Thanks also for prefacing that Tyga probably isn't for me, think I'll just skip it. :lol:

Definitely going to check out Jon Bellion at some point this afternoon. I'll post up some thoughts in here when I do.
Jon Bellion's latest track, absolutely wonderful.

[YOUTUBE]xI_bxix-6Xo[/YOUTUBE]

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah, that's pretty good actually. Could do without the autotune but at least it's only in there a few times and pretty inoffensive. I'll check out some more of his stuff after lunch.

Joey

Reaction score
Just a list of a few notable musicians/bands since say, 2009 or so, would be great.

Here's my list.

Earl Sweatshirt
Joey Bada$$
A$AP Mob
Kendrick Lamar
Childish Gambino
Chance The Rapper
Vince Staples
Danny Brown
MF Doom

Swinny

Reaction score
As far as current rappers go I'm a fan of:

Lupe Fiasco
Tech N9ne
Immortal Technique
Jarren Benton
Hopsin
Krizz Kaliko

And I've been getting into Prozak recently as well.

Joey

Reaction score
As far as current rappers go I'm a fan of:

Lupe Fiasco
Tech N9ne
Immortal Technique
Jarren Benton
Hopsin
Krizz Kaliko

And I've been getting into Prozak recently as well.

Lupe is fantastic.

Swinny

Reaction score
Lupe is fantastic.

Yup, Lasers is one of my favourite rap albums. Both Food & Liquor albums are good too, I haven't listened to The Cool much for whatever reason. I'll have to do that and looking forward to his next album too.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I thought Lasers was incredible.

Since then, meh.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Anyone else listen to G-Eazy?

I started listening to him recently and some of his music is pretty great. I also saw this picture which made him even better.

dhyvGGg.jpg

Joey

Reaction score
[video=youtube;E4jkMB3OV_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4jkMB3OV_g[/video] this is the jam