The greatest SERIES of all time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The greatest gaming series

• Grand Theft Auto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sonic the Hedgehog

• Mass Effect

• Donkey Kong

• Halo

• Tomb Raider

• Batman

• Total voters

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Majora's Mask is my all time favorite. It's much more unique than the other games with the 3 day system, love the music, the transformations and just the dark theme of the game is so amazing in my opinion. Ocarina of Time is good, but I don't think it's better than Majora's Mask. A Link to the Past is a great game, glad that they got it out for the SNES, and I know how unpopular this will be, but Zelda 2 is a game I do enjoy. I get mad at it, but it feels great whenever you get further than before and the music in the game is awesome.

Music is a big reason why I chose A Link to the Past actually. I prefer the art style and controls to Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, too.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Music is a big reason why I chose A Link to the Past actually. I prefer the art style and controls to Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, too.

A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game as well mainly for the controls actually.. Ocarina of Time is a close second and Majora's Mask is 3rd.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
If I could choose multiple answers I would've chosen almost every title up there, but Halo has been rubbish since Reach, and Mario died down after the horrid Gamecube games and constant sequels.

I'd have to say, Grand Theft Auto and Elder Scrolls. Partially because I can't think of any others but I'm sure people can agree that those games are beast.

As for series that I would've chosen 6 years ago: Halo, Saints Row, Metal Gear Solid, Left 4 Dead, Elder Scrolls and GTA.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Saint's Row buggered up massively with IV >.<

GTA is always on top of my list of games, I actually played the entire game in one sitting when V came out, and I still jump on my PS3, purely out of wanting to play that game.

But my favourite edition of GTA has to be San Andreas, amazing story. That and Vice City, III was cool because it opened the world up but story was eh. :D

Surprised Mortal Kombat isn't on the list though, talking about pre-teen reasons to having carpal tunner ;)

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Saint's Row buggered up massively with IV >.<

GTA is always on top of my list of games, I actually played the entire game in one sitting when V came out, and I still jump on my PS3, purely out of wanting to play that game.

But my favourite edition of GTA has to be San Andreas, amazing story. That and Vice City, III was cool because it opened the world up but story was eh. :D

Surprised Mortal Kombat isn't on the list though, talking about pre-teen reasons to having carpal tunner ;)
I've had more hours of fun in Saints Row 2 then I've had in 4.

Better story
Cooler presentation
endless features (including a sex mini game)
Easier driving
better customization
fucking planes

Nick

Reaction score
Went with Pokemon simply because that was my childhood. Mario of course is up there as well as the Super Smash bros series. Even Madden is close, Madden 05 is still one of my favorite games

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Final Fantasy, I didnt play the psx shit but 2 and 3 alone (us SNES) win over anything. Why isn't Elder Scrolls there?

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Shout out to the street fighter series as well. I've spent many hours and quarters on those games in my lifetime.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Went with Super Smash Bros. or in this case, "Other". The reason is quite simple, it's my favorite video game series of all-time (duh). Obviously this post (which will more than likely be quite long [probably expected though]) won't be a thesis on why Smash is the greatest but instead will be more why it's my favorite. As a matter of fact, I'm bored enough that I'm going to give my quick thoughts on every series brought up in the poll, as well as list my favorite (if any) entry from said series.

I'll try and breeze over Smash quickly, simply because it's hard to talk about it without gushing, especially with a new game on the horizon looking to be the best one yet. It's a fantastic fanservice game for one without being dependent on the fanservice. Granted, had they kept with the original build (with no Nintendo Mascots) it obviously wouldn't have reached the commercial success but I mean the gameplay stands on it's own. It literally took a fun game & then through in Nintendo characters in it & it developed over years only getting better with each installment (though, your mileage may vary). Allowing for a game that is a bunch of fun without the Nintendo roster but uses it's roster to enhance the experience into something special. Brawl, my favorite so far, has an outstanding roster (minus the removal of Mewtwo), fantastic stage selection & an incredible amount of modes, one of my favorites being Subspace Emissary. I got Brawl the day it launched & I kept playing it until about a month or two ago, when my Wii decide that gamecube controllers were the worst thing everything, & it was a similar deal with Melee (minus that gamecube controller part). & that says it all for me, the fact that most entries kept me playing until the sequel came out (& this is series where sequels are 6-7 years apart). Most games can't even keep my attention for a year.

I had initially intended to write up about all the other series (evidenced by my earlier remarks about how I was going to do that [would've been a lot less redundant had I just deleted that line]). Started Legend of Zelda when I realized this was getting too long (altogether, it was about 700-800 words, since I reached approximately 650 with Sonic) so instead I'll just list my favorite game out each franchise.

Mario ~ Super Mario World. The All-Stars version where Luigi has his own sprites (in which he coughs up fireballs).
Pokémon ~ Silver.
GTA ~ N/A, not really a fan of sandbox games so I never spent much time with the series.
Metal Gear ~ Snake Eater.
Sonic the Hedgehog ~ Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
Final Fantasy ~ Tactics
Call of Duty ~ N/A, first person shooters are perhaps my least favorite genre & the one game of this I played (don't even know what it was) wasn't any fun.
Mass Effect ~ 2.
Legend of Zelda ~ Majora's Mask.
Donkey Kong ~ Country.
Halo ~ 2. Less about the game & more about the memories of playing it with friends & family but I do like the Halo series more than most FPS's.
Tomb Raider ~ ?. I don't know the title but some co-operative game my brother has on his 360.
Batman ~ Arkham City.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Final Fantasy lmfao

Mario is the obvious choice. It is the "greatest" video game series like Hogan is the "greatest" wrestler. Think video games? think Mario. That is greatness.

Now if you meant best, that is different.