The greatest SERIES of all time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The greatest gaming series

• Grand Theft Auto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sonic the Hedgehog

• Mass Effect

• Donkey Kong

• Halo

• Tomb Raider

• Batman

• Total voters

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Interested to see what you think the greatest gaming series of all time is.
We'll consider a series 3 titles or more.
I'll put a poll up with what I believe will be some popular choices, as well as an "other" option.

My choice is of course the Metal Gear Solid series, but Pokemon and LoZ are not far behind.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Metal Gear, and Legend of Zelda are number one for me. Halo has been declining after the 3rd one, and CoD needs its shining light. Hopefully Advanced Warfare will be a step in the right direction.

One that isn't on the list and should be added is Far Cry. I've only played 2, and 3 but they were highly enjoyable.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Mario is and probably always will be the King. Metal Gear (Solid) and Grand Theft Auto are right on its heels, though. Hitman deserves a great shout-out, too. It's not as popular as most of the ones on this list, but it's awesome and has a ton of replay value. Anyone who hasn't yet played the Hitman franchise should seek it out immediately. There's only five games in the series.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I voted Final Fantasy... from the 1st game on NES.. to 3 and 4 on SNES.. to 7, 8, and 9 on PS1.. to 10 and 11 on PS2.. to 12 and 13 on PS3.. and 14 on PC as a MMORPG, Final Fantasy has consistently put out quality product... yes there were hiccups here and there as there are with any game franchise.. Final Fantasy 7 in particular was as groundbreaking a game as you could get and is one of the best selling and most popular games ever. Final Fantasy 8 is my personal favorite.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
FF 13 and 13 2 were embarrassing for Square Enix.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'd say 13-2 was embarassing, I actually dug FF 13 and the way it was played out but yes.. they were pretty far off the quality of any of the earlier ones.

I voted FF, I'm not gonna lie Mario, Sonic and Zelda made a helluva argument though.

Reactions: Just Kevin

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
Mario is and probably always will be the King. Metal Gear (Solid) and Grand Theft Auto are right on its heels, though. Hitman deserves a great shout-out, too. It's not as popular as most of the ones on this list, but it's awesome and has a ton of replay value. Anyone who hasn't yet played the Hitman franchise should seek it out immediately. There's only five games in the series.
Hitman Absolution was shit. The rest were good though.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Hitman Absolution was shit. The rest were good though.

Still haven't played that one. Haven't played the original on PC either (although I watched an entire playthrough of it on Youtube, and about half of the missions were remade and remade better in Contracts anyway.) But I can attest to the greatness of Silent Assassin, Contracts, and Blood Money. Those three are all you need.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

Yeah, I didn't mention 10-2 or 13-2 in my post... they were both games that should not have been made... but 13, as Sharpy said.. was actually not a terrible game... not as good as previous but still not terrible.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Still haven't played that one. Haven't played the original on PC either (although I watched an entire playthrough of it on Youtube, and about half of the missions were remade and remade better in Contracts anyway.) But I can attest to the greatness of Silent Assassin, Contracts, and Blood Money. Those three are all you need.

The new Hitman movie is shaping out to have a ton of potential, should be out like late February of this upcoming year.. Timothy Olyphant did a hell of a job playing Agent 47 in the one that came out in 2007, it's just a shame that that movie wasn't done nearly as well as it could've been.. They originally had Paul Walker slated to play 47 in this new one coming out but as we all know he is no longer with us but I do like the look the new guy, Rupert Friend, brings to the table.

b8ea8f120baf946cc53e5689f2c60c9b.jpg

but yeah Absolution was horribad totally wouldn't recommend it, even to a heavy fan of the franchise.. the first game though on PC was hella fun for what it was; Codename 47, I liked that one a lot.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Meryl is pretty hot.

Hard for me to choose, tearing me apart between Legend of Zelda, Grand Theft Auto and Metal Gear Solid. Legend of Zelda because of how good each game is to me, I honestly don't have a Zelda game that is bad, and storytelling might not be the best, but the gameplay is so damn fun. Grand Theft Auto because they just deliver so damn good. 3 to Vice City to San Andreas, those three games are just breathtaking for it's time and even now just so goddamn good and fun to play. Metal Gear Solid because I enjoy it's story and characters a hell of a lot. Gameplay is also very fun and humorous.

I'm unsure if I can truly vote for the best series.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Meryl is pretty hot.

Hard for me to choose, tearing me apart between Legend of Zelda, Grand Theft Auto and Metal Gear Solid. Legend of Zelda because of how good each game is to me, I honestly don't have a Zelda game that is bad, and storytelling might not be the best, but the gameplay is so damn fun. Grand Theft Auto because they just deliver so damn good. 3 to Vice City to San Andreas, those three games are just breathtaking for it's time and even now just so goddamn good and fun to play. Metal Gear Solid because I enjoy it's story and characters a hell of a lot. Gameplay is also very fun and humorous.

I'm unsure if I can truly vote for the best series.

What's your favorite LoZ game? I know most will say Ocarina of Time, but not me. A Link to the Past >
You're right though, every Zelda game has been great.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
What's your favorite LoZ game? I know most will say Ocarina of Time, but not me. A Link to the Past >
You're right though, every Zelda game has been great.
Majora's Mask is my all time favorite. It's much more unique than the other games with the 3 day system, love the music, the transformations and just the dark theme of the game is so amazing in my opinion. Ocarina of Time is good, but I don't think it's better than Majora's Mask. A Link to the Past is a great game, glad that they got it out for the SNES, and I know how unpopular this will be, but Zelda 2 is a game I do enjoy. I get mad at it, but it feels great whenever you get further than before and the music in the game is awesome.