The GOOD News Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
toto-dog-brooklyn-bridge-mashup-submitted.jpg

A chauffeur was driving in New York last week when he saw a car stopped in the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge. He noticed a little dog limping underneath the vehicle, and pulled over his limousine to hurry over and help.

“The dog was nervous and didn’t want to move from under the car so I went back to my limousine to find something I could use as a leash,” said Garrick Quinones. “Thank God I quickly found my phone cord and went back under the car to get him.”

After a few tries the stray allowed Quinones to put a cord on him, and lead him slowly out—all while cars were rushing by and honking.
I'm a sucker for a good rescue story, and my dad did the same thing like 6 years ago. :dawg:

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I am ruining my own thread... I have to fix it! :angry:

100 kids have sleepover at Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium as part of Ashley Furniture charity event

"The eyes of about 100 kids widened as they ran onto the field at AT&T Stadium in Dallas on Friday. Each of them rushed to a bed set up on the field where Dallas Cowboy swag awaited. Sure, they were there for a sleepover, but sleep was the last thing on their minds.

The Dallas Cowboys and Ashley Furniture HomeStore hosted 100 underserved children this weekend in what's been deemed the "ultimate sleepover experience." The kids take part in on-field games and entertainment with Dallas Cowboys players and cheerleaders, eat pizza and watch a movie on the giant center-hung video board.

After the sleepover, Ashley Furniture delivers the beds to each child's home to keep.

A portion of the proceeds from every mattress purchase at local Ashley Furniture HomeStores benefit children in need. Families in need of beds and mattresses can be nominated by friends, family members and social service organizations at www.ahopetodream.com."

Reactions: Swift

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Lulu the Funeral Therapy Dog Brings Smiles to Mourners: 'She Just Knows How to Go to People'

service-dog-435.jpg

Man’s best friend has always had an uncanny knack for providing humans with comfort and love when they need it most.

Lulu the funeral therapy dog is no exception, and the sweet pooch’s approach to therapy has helped a ease the pain of losing a loved one for a number of mourners.

A favorite member of the staff at Ballard-Durand Funeral & Cremation Services in White Plains, New York, the 2-year-old Goldendoodle offers loving nuzzles and affection to anyone she senses in pain during funeral services.

“Like other therapy dogs found in nursing homes and hospitals, Lulu provides unconditional love and support as well as a subtle distraction from grief,” Matthew Fiorillo, Lulu's owner and president of Ballard-Durand Funeral & Cremation services, told InsideEdition.com.

Fiorillo got Lulu in Florida and had her specially trained as a therapy dog, before taking her with him to White Plains, where she has been providing comfort for more than a year.

Lulu fulfills the basic need that humans have for a comforting touch and presence, and her ability to sniff out pain is something Fiorillo just can’t explain.

“It’s really an unexplained phenomenon. It’s amazing to watch. She’ll come in a room and just poke her nose at them, and I know who the immediate mourners are, but she doesn’t, yet she always just comes and puts her head in their lap,” Fiorillo said.

Fiorillo said Lulu’s abilities go beyond just her presence at the funeral home. Even while off-duty in Fiorillo’s home, she has come to the aid of those in need of comfort, as she did when his sister’s husband passed away.

“My sister came over after losing her husband, and Lulu wouldn’t leave her side. It was amazing she just wouldn’t leave her, and even at my own house. She’s just a dog, but you know, it’s unbelievable that she just knows how to go to people,” Fiorillo said.

Fiorillo says the pooch, who stars in a new video by HooplaHa, even has a special trick to help children summon the courage when approaching a casket.

“She says a prayer with them. So if a child or really anyone is having trouble approaching the casket, she’ll go up with them and put her head down in between her paws,” said Fiorillo.

Lulu is available only upon request for funeral services, but Fiorillo says about 90% of mourners choose to have her join them, and the peace she brings is something Fiorillo loves to see.

“They love it. They just love having her there. When she comes into the room I see, I feel, and sense people just soften over,” said Fiorillo.

Goldendoodles aren't so bad eh @Black Wizard ?...Poodles still suck tho :mad2:

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Lulu the Funeral Therapy Dog Brings Smiles to Mourners: 'She Just Knows How to Go to People'

service-dog-435.jpg

Man’s best friend has always had an uncanny knack for providing humans with comfort and love when they need it most.

Lulu the funeral therapy dog is no exception, and the sweet pooch’s approach to therapy has helped a ease the pain of losing a loved one for a number of mourners.

A favorite member of the staff at Ballard-Durand Funeral & Cremation Services in White Plains, New York, the 2-year-old Goldendoodle offers loving nuzzles and affection to anyone she senses in pain during funeral services.

“Like other therapy dogs found in nursing homes and hospitals, Lulu provides unconditional love and support as well as a subtle distraction from grief,” Matthew Fiorillo, Lulu's owner and president of Ballard-Durand Funeral & Cremation services, told InsideEdition.com.

Fiorillo got Lulu in Florida and had her specially trained as a therapy dog, before taking her with him to White Plains, where she has been providing comfort for more than a year.

Lulu fulfills the basic need that humans have for a comforting touch and presence, and her ability to sniff out pain is something Fiorillo just can’t explain.

“It’s really an unexplained phenomenon. It’s amazing to watch. She’ll come in a room and just poke her nose at them, and I know who the immediate mourners are, but she doesn’t, yet she always just comes and puts her head in their lap,” Fiorillo said.

Fiorillo said Lulu’s abilities go beyond just her presence at the funeral home. Even while off-duty in Fiorillo’s home, she has come to the aid of those in need of comfort, as she did when his sister’s husband passed away.

“My sister came over after losing her husband, and Lulu wouldn’t leave her side. It was amazing she just wouldn’t leave her, and even at my own house. She’s just a dog, but you know, it’s unbelievable that she just knows how to go to people,” Fiorillo said.

Fiorillo says the pooch, who stars in a new video by HooplaHa, even has a special trick to help children summon the courage when approaching a casket.

“She says a prayer with them. So if a child or really anyone is having trouble approaching the casket, she’ll go up with them and put her head down in between her paws,” said Fiorillo.

Lulu is available only upon request for funeral services, but Fiorillo says about 90% of mourners choose to have her join them, and the peace she brings is something Fiorillo loves to see.

“They love it. They just love having her there. When she comes into the room I see, I feel, and sense people just soften over,” said Fiorillo.

Goldendoodles aren't so bad eh @Black Wizard ?...Poodles still suck tho :mad2:
Aww, she's pretty. As long as they're mixed, I guess they're alright haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Tinder Match Leads To Kidney Match

Alana Duran and Lori Interlicchio aren't just a match on Tinder; the girlfriends recently learned they're compatible for a kidney transplant that Duran has sought for years.
"If I was waiting another 2 more years on top of the 4 I have already waited [for a kidney transplant] then, yes, at that time it might have been life or death," Duran told TODAY.com via email Wednesday.

In an emotional video posted Friday on Facebook, Duran — who was diagnosed with lupus at age 12, endured a hip replacement, lives on dialysis and has been waiting for a kidney since 2011 — captures the exact moment she learned Interlicchio not only was a transplant match, but also was willing to donate her kidney.

What makes the 4 1/2-minute video extra-sweet is the element of surprise: Interlicchio films the reveal as part of an elaborate gift presentation, which shows Duran unboxing a variety of care-package gifts ranging from "Star Wars" Band-Aids to snacks.

Duran seems content with her collection of gifts when Interlicchio indicates that they're not quite done yet. Duran pushes aside some tissue paper to read four of Interlicchio's notes, including one with a double meaning: "No matter what, you'll always have a piece of me."

None of this would have happened had Duran, a 25-year-old Stony Brook University student, and Interlicchio, a 22-year-old cheerleading coach and paraprofessional aide, not matched Aug. 27 on Tinder, an app that pairs people interested in dating or friendship. While it would be a while before the two New Yorkers knew that their antibodies wouldn't clash during a transplant, other kinds of chemistry were more obvious.

The video referenced, in case anyone was interested in watching it. =)

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Puppy lost at sea reunited with family in Southington

GROTON -- Ryder was lost, then he was found.

ryder-1-e1467062575946.png

Clare Shaw and her family were boating off the coast of Noank, along the Connecticut shoreline Sunday, when their 8-month Shiba Inu puppy slipped out of his harness and into the ocean.

ryder-2.png
Credit: Clare Shaw

"After turning around and back tracking for hours, having the coast guard involved, and everyone on shore looking we weren't able to find our puppy who we thought didn't know how to swim," Shaw told FOX 61.

The family was hoping for the best for Ryder, but fearing the worst.

"My family came home and we felt defeated, we packed up his things and lit a candle in his cage and assumed our boy lost his life drowning," she said.

But then, she gave it one more shot. She posted on Facebook, asking if anyone had seen her precious pup.

"Almost 100 shares later, an equine vet saw my post and a post in a Groton lost and found pet group," she explained. The vet put the two Facebook posts together and realized someone found and rescued Ryder.

"They had found him swimming in the middle of the sound and pulled him into their boat," Shaw said they picked him up late Sunday night "We are so incredibly thankful!"

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Russian cat called Masha saves baby abandoned in the cold

0b81b630922756ddf334a4a9b50fd1561b.jpg

A friendly neighbourhood cat has saved the life of a baby boy abandoned by his parents in a freezing Russian city.

The long-haired feline, affectionately named Masha by the block’s residents, discovered the baby boy inside a cardboard box in apartment block in the Russian city of Obninsk after hearing his cries in the cold.

Masha apparently climbed inside the box and wrapped herself around the abandoned child, believed to be less than 12 weeks old, to keep him warm.

Hearing Masha’s loud meows, resident Irina Lavrova rushed to rescue the cat believing she was injured – instead she discovered her curled around the now quiet baby.

“You can imagine my shock when I saw her lying in a box next to a baby,” she told RT.

The baby was rushed to hospital, with Masha attempting to follow the car, and was found to be healthy, despite his outdoors stay.

“She was so worried about where we were taking the baby,” paramedic Vera Ivanina told REN TV.

A search has now been launched to try and locate the child’s parents. He was discovered with clean clothes, extra nappies and some baby food.

Since the discovery of the baby Masha has reportedly been spoilt by local residents who have given her extra food.