The GOOD News Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
This Woman's Life Is Better Than Ever Now That She's Stopped Shaving Her Beard
"I was ready now. Now is the time to do it."

....this is good news? I'm jealous some broad grows a beard and mine looks like the lucky charms dude.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
....this is good news? I'm jealous some broad grows a beard and mine looks like the lucky charms dude.

It is inspiring to be who you want and making the best of what you are given. Aren't you blond? Most blonds can't grow good beards so don't feel bad lol

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
NFL Player Walks Into Animal Shelter, Asks To Adopt A “Dog That’s Been Here A Long Time”

This past weekend, Baltimore Ravens Offensive Tackle Ronnie Stanley—along with his girlfriend, and a teammate—stopped by BARCS, the city shelter, and made the most fantastically game-winning request. “We are looking for dog that’s been here a long time and maybe not-so-adoptable,” is how BARCS put it in our new favorite Facebook post.

The threesome met a handful of dogs. Then Winter became the lucky pup who got drafted into the big leagues.

Winter is a 6-year-old girl who’d been found in mid-May, locked inside a room in an empty home, with no food, water, or fresh air. She was dehydrated and scared, and has a sagging belly that indicates she’s given birth to lots of puppies.

Her new dad’s reaction: “Well, that’s just what happens when you’ve had babies.”

Then he adopted her. And Winter sealed her sweet new deal with a great big kiss.

BARCS spokesperson Bailey Deacon is thrilled for Winter—and for what her adoption may mean for other shelter dogs.

“If big, strong, cool Ronnie chooses adoption, so will those who look up to him,” she says. “And the bonus here is that he didn’t come in and adopt just any dog, he specifically asked for a long-term, hard to adopt pup. How cool is that?”

Yep, our hearts have been officially tackled.

source

13432176_10154292679259869_8742564039162118492_n-1-1.jpg
That's watsup

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Muslim group urges members to break fast and donate blood after Orlando shootings

ROCHESTER HILLS -- A Metro Detroit Muslim group plans to hold a prayer service Tuesday night for the victims in the Sunday mass shooting in Orlando that left 50 people dead and over 50 people injured.

The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community Center in Rochester Hills will host the service, and is encouraging its members to break fast in order to donate blood for those in need.

Many Muslims abstain from eating or drinking during daylight hours through the Islamic month of Ramadan, which began Sunday.

The Orlando incident has been called the largest mass shooting in U.S history.

"We condemn this senseless and horrific act of violence in the strongest possible terms," said Dr. Mansoor Qureshi, president of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community's Metro Detroit chapter.

"Our hearts go out to the innocent victims and their families. We stand in solidarity with them as their neighbors and brothers and sisters in peace. Islam teaches reverence for all human life. This is a time to pray and act to stop such senseless violence in our nation."

The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is a sect that describes itself as a "dynamic, reformist and fast-growing international movement within Islam."

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Obese rescue dog ‘Fat Vincent’ makes stunning transformation in quest for new owner

s062340639-300.jpg

Humans aren’t the only ones who can have successful weight loss stories.

Eight months ago, a 7-year-old obese dachshund appropriately named “Fat Vincent” tipped the scales at 38 pounds. He was very unhealthy and depressed. He had just been surrendered over to a county animal shelter after his owner had died.

He could barely walk, had high cholesterol and his back dipped from the extra weight, putting him at risk of nerve damage.

“He was friendly, but I could barely discern between his laying down and standing up positions; with his short little legs, there was very little clearance between the floor and his chest and abdomen,” his veterinarian Sharon Anderson told CNN.

That’s when K-9 Angels Rescue, an animal rescue group in Houston, stepped up to help “Fat Vincent” on his road to recovery.

“At his original BMI, he was at a severe risk for arthritis, diabetes, reduced mobility, increased physical injury that can lead to paralysis of the hind legs, cancer, respiratory disease, kidney disease, pancreatic and shortened life expectancy,” said Anderson. She added that Vincent had a body mass index of 62.7% body fat when he weighed 36 pounds.

In 2014, an estimated 52.7% of U.S. dogs were overweight or obese, according to the National Pet Obesity Awareness Day Survey. The ideal weight for Vincent was calculated to 16.8 pounds, so he had a long way to go to hit that goal.

There were weekly weighs-in that didn’t prove successful, and at one point he hit a plateau. But with the help of his foster mom, Melissa Anderson, and his vet, he was able to power through and lose the weight.

He even picked up a sponsor on his fitness journey. Sharon Anderson sells Royal Canin, a specialized dog food brand, at her clinic. When she called her sales representative and told them Vincent’s story, they agreed to help him on his mission to get trim.

Trying to find out ways to help him exercise, Melissa Anderson used the pool to start him on a water aerobics regime. The water aerobics helps take pressure off Vincent’s strained joints.

When the weight started melting off, his ability to participate in longer walks increased. Today, he walks about an hour five to six times a week.

“He loves his walks,” said Melissa Anderson. “He waits by the door after breakfast every morning.”

Besides losing weight, he has also lowered his cholesterol reading from 286 to 166. Average health range is from 125 to 270, according to Sharon Anderson.

His whole demeanor has changed as well. “He is the sweetest, funniest, happiest guy now,” said Melissa Anderson.

Eight months ago “Fat Vincent” tipped the scales at 38 pounds, he was unhealthy and depressed. Today, Vincent weighs in at a lean 17 pounds.

Since his story was published in September, Vincent has become a pet celebrity. He was featured on many media outlets, had his photo in People Magazine and was invited to be the race starter for a Strut Your Mutt dog walk that benefited Best Friends, a national advocacy group for shelter animals.

Vincent’s weight loss challenge isn’t over. He still has a pound and a half to reach his goal weight. But once he does, he will be ready for adoption.

“The perfect home will continue his daily walks and the monitoring of his food,” said Melissa Anderson. “Most important is having lots of love to give!”

s062340698-300.jpg

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Fat Vincent is the best thing I've heard ever.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Cat found three years after going missing
_90034166_foundcat.jpg

A pet cat feared dead after escaping from kennels in Aberdeenshire almost three years ago has been reunited with his owners.
Ollie disappeared in July 2013 while his owners were abroad on holiday.
The Bailey family started searching for their pet but were beginning to lose hope as the months passed.
However, a cat found in St Fergus - about five miles from where he went missing - has been confirmed as Ollie thanks to a microchip.
Owner Adele Bailey, 37, said they lived in Peterhead at the time Ollie went missing.
Now reunited at their new home in Turriff, she told the BBC Scotland news website: "It is all a bit surreal - it's just unbelievable.
"We did posters and did searches for about a year. We were getting possible sightings.
"However I was starting to think on the dark side and that we had lost him."
'He's fatter'
Mrs Bailey explained: "We got a call from the St Fergus area about a cat that was coming round.
"With the help of Cats Protection he was scanned and it was his chip.
"We jumped straight in the car.
"He was straight up on my knee purring.
"He's come back fatter - he's not gone without a feed. I cannot believe how well he is looking. And he's back playing with his favourite catnip mouse toy.
"He'll be staying in the house for a few weeks now."
She added: "We would not have been reunited if Ollie had not had that chip."

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Three lifelong friends celebrate 100th birthdays together

1466305848336.jpg

"It's not every day that someone turns 100 years old. And it's really not every day that three childhood best friends hit the centenarian mark together.

On Saturday, three American women, best friends for nearly a century, celebrated reaching triple digits during a ceremony at Zion Baptist Church in northwest Washington - the church they have all regularly attended since childhood. They were all born in June or July of 1916.

They had hoped a fourth close friend, Leona Barnes, would be able to take part in the festivities, but she died in May, two months shy of her 100th birthday. The ceremony also paid tribute to Barnes, and a large portrait of her sat on the church bench beside her friends throughout the 90-minute service.

"This was so exciting and joyful," Bernice Grimes Underwood said of her birthday celebration, which a couple hundred people attended." continue reading...

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I don't think I'd want to be that old. Like even 50 is pushing it.

50 isn't old lolol

And if you are healthy and able to get around on your own without diapers and things of that nature, I don't think it would be so bad.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Kind of give or take to me.

I would like to be known as one of the oldest people living, and I would love to see the changes and major advancements in the century I was alive, but being in constant pain and an unhealthy state is a little too much. But cool to see some people have real best friends for life, that don't stab them in the back. :dawg:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Kind of give or take to me.

I would like to be known as one of the oldest people living, and I would love to see the changes and major advancements in the century I was alive, but being in constant pain and an unhealthy state is a little too much. But cool to see some people have real best friends for life, that don't stab them in the back. :dawg:

All the "childhood friends" I had stabbed me in the back. :okay: :why:

• Haha
Reactions: Roadster