The GOOD News Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Too many sad stories are told and shown on the news so I wanted to make a thread for the good ones.
Feel free to add in any story that is good and inspiring having to do with people. I'll start it off with a few short ones...

- Muslim Farmers Build Church for Christian Neighbors in Pakistan
In a region known for religious violence, Muslim village farmers in Pakistan are putting their savings together–and contributing labor– to help build a church for the Christians in their neighborhood.

“This church being built by Muslims in a small community is very significant,” one Pakistani Christian told the BBC. “It shows that people have love in their hearts and if there are those that fuel the fire, there are also those to douse the flames.”
-----------------------------------------

- Young Woman Approaches Elder Eating Alone, Now Have Weekly Lunch Date

Many of us have been there: we see a senior citizen eating alone and think, maybe I should go talk to them, or sit with them…but we’re not sure what the response will be.

Brooke Oacha of Texas, decided it was worth a try—and the elderly lady sitting at the “table for one” by herself (pictured below) was absolutely elated.

Today I Went to eat at a restaurant for lunch and I saw this elder lady coming from afar so I waited to hold the door...
Posted by Brooke Ochoa on Thursday, August 6, 2015

As it turned out, Delores was pretty lonely—she has just lost her own mother and was having a hard time living alone.

On Thursday, though, it was all smiles, and now, the women have a standing lunch date to eat together every week.

-----------------------------------------

- Immigrant Worker Turns in $7500 Found in Goodwill Shoebox

Honesty is paying off for a Bulgarian immigrant who was employed at the Glen Carbon, Ill., Goodwill store. When she found $7,500 in cash among donated shoes Nov. 7, she immediately turned in the money to her employer. The rightful owner was found and the Goodwill employee, Teodora Petrova, has since received at least four checks – one from the family, one from Goodwill and two from private donors moved by her honesty in news accounts. (Read the story in St. Louis Business Journal)

Reactions: DK JAMES

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Anonymous donor pays $3,456,789 for lunch with Warren Buffett

"It isn’t clear what’s on the menu, but an anonymous bidder paid $3,456,789 to have lunch with Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett as part of a charity auction on eBay.

Bidding for Buffett’s annual “power lunch” charity auction closed Friday after a week of escalating offers. Bidders were required to prequalify with a pledge of $25,000. The beneficiary is Glide, an organization that assists homeless people in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Buffett pledged he will dine with the winner and up to seven guests at Smith & Wollensky steakhouse in New York City on a mutually agreed upon date.

“I am proud to be part of something that has directly benefited so many people in need,” Buffett said ahead of the auction. “Glide is a bridge for thousands of people on the brink of despair, helping them achieve dignity and opportunity by providing them with basic services.”

Buffett told the Times the topics at past lunches, which typically run for a few hours, have varied. The only topic off limits is what the Oracle of Omaha might invest in next."

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
3980.jpg

Film Director Rohit Shetty Adopts 10 Kids Suffering From Cancer, To Sponsor Their Treatment

Popularly known for blowing up cars in films, filmmaker Rohit Shetty has adopted 10 cancer-stricken children and will take care of their medical expenses. Reports claim that it was after Rohit was approached by the members of the Cancer Patients Aid Association (CPAA) approached him to attend one of their events. A source told media:

"The CPAA along with World Health Organisation hosted an event on Saturday to spread awareness about the ill-effects of tobacco consumption. And for this, CPAA wanted Rohit to be one of the chief guests. But, he asked for a detailed narration of his role at the event."

After his detailed interaction with CPAA, Rohit Shetty decided to adopt the kids and donate money for their chemotherapy. The source added:
"Rohit wanted to do something beyond merely being present at the event. He has adopted 10 cancer-afflicted children and has also donated Rs 5 lakh for their treatment."

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
A Story From One Of The Heroes At The Orlando Nightclub Shooting

Joshua McGill was in attendance at the Orlando nightclub during the horrific shooting. Hiding behind a car, he tended to and rescued a stranger named Rodney.

The stranger stumbled to Joshua, mumbling, "Can you help me?"

McGill quickly grabbed the man as he said, "I think I got shot."

"Don't worry, I got you," McGill responded.

Josh was told by police to keep the man conscious no matter what.

"Hey, man, my name is Josh, What do you do?" He said.

"My name is Rodney. I'm from Jacksonville," Rodney whispered.

"I don't know if you're religious or not, but I'll say a prayer with you," McGill said.

Recounting the tale on Facebook, McGill wrote:

"There was a very tragic thing that happened tonight. Thoughts and prayers for everyone at Pulse or that know anyone that was at Pulse. It was very crazy and a traumatic experience. I'm very thankful I got away safe and a lot of other people I know and care about did as well. I hid under a car and found one of the victims that was shot. I tied my shirt and his shirt over his wounds to stop the bleeding and got him secretly to the nearest officer who then transported us to the ER. Words cannot and will not describe the feeling of that. Being covered in blood.. Trying to save a guy's life that I don't even know regardless that I'm fine.. just traumatized. The things I had to say to the guy and make promises I didn't know I would be able to keep or not to keep him conscious while holding him as tight as I could and blood everywhere on me. Saying a prayer for him and letting him know I will be here waiting for him. It sucks because all I got was his name and I can't even see if he's okay because I'm not related. If anyone knows of a guy named Rodney that was shot and injured tonight.. Please let me know he is okay. I felt God put me at the club and made me stay behind to help a complete stranger. For whatever reason that may be.. I don't know, but I do know it was hopefully to save his life. Maybe God be with us all in this time of need."

Rodney had been shot multiple times including both his arms and his back. Joshua created a tourniquet from his shirt and applied pressure to the wounds, comforting the stranger. Then, when it appeared safe, they ran out from underneath the vehicle, across the street to the police perimeter.

They were sent to a hospital in a police car, where Joshua continued to tend to Rodney's wounds during the ride. Rodney is reported to be in stable condition.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Tinder Match Leads To Kidney Match

Alana Duran and Lori Interlicchio aren't just a match on Tinder; the girlfriends recently learned they're compatible for a kidney transplant that Duran has sought for years.
"If I was waiting another 2 more years on top of the 4 I have already waited [for a kidney transplant] then, yes, at that time it might have been life or death," Duran told TODAY.com via email Wednesday.

In an emotional video posted Friday on Facebook, Duran — who was diagnosed with lupus at age 12, endured a hip replacement, lives on dialysis and has been waiting for a kidney since 2011 — captures the exact moment she learned Interlicchio not only was a transplant match, but also was willing to donate her kidney.

What makes the 4 1/2-minute video extra-sweet is the element of surprise: Interlicchio films the reveal as part of an elaborate gift presentation, which shows Duran unboxing a variety of care-package gifts ranging from "Star Wars" Band-Aids to snacks.

Duran seems content with her collection of gifts when Interlicchio indicates that they're not quite done yet. Duran pushes aside some tissue paper to read four of Interlicchio's notes, including one with a double meaning: "No matter what, you'll always have a piece of me."

None of this would have happened had Duran, a 25-year-old Stony Brook University student, and Interlicchio, a 22-year-old cheerleading coach and paraprofessional aide, not matched Aug. 27 on Tinder, an app that pairs people interested in dating or friendship. While it would be a while before the two New Yorkers knew that their antibodies wouldn't clash during a transplant, other kinds of chemistry were more obvious.

Reactions: Snowman1

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
This Woman's Life Is Better Than Ever Now That She's Stopped Shaving Her Beard
"I was ready now. Now is the time to do it."

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Chick-fil-A employees were at work in Orlando Sunday

ORLANDO, Fla. - Employees at some Orlando area Chick-fil-A restaurants were hard at work on Sunday.

The Atlanta-based chain known for being closed on Sundays said they weren’t sure of how many, but did confirm that several Orlando area stores prepared meals following the attack at a popular nightclub, providing food and any additional assistance to those in need.

In a statement, Chick-fil-A said: “Orlando is in our hearts and prayers.”

One Chick-fil-A location posted a photo of their flags at half-staff and the following message to their Facebook page:

“God Bless the USA. Home is where the (heart) is. Orlando is our home. ‪#‎prayfororlando.”

Chick-fil-A employees were seen distributing sandwiches and ice tea to those who waited several hours in line to donate blood in addition to the hundreds of law enforcement officials who responded to the shooting scene.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Sister Abigail!
That was actually pretty funny cause I pictured Bray stroking her beard. :bray: lolol

On a more serious note, she has got such amazing courage to come out and just be who she is. She can't help what happened to her (hormone wise) and shouldn't be forced into hiding because of it. People can be mean but the people who have supported her prove not everyone is a troll in this world.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
If she went through so much trouble to keep it shaved and keep it low key, why not just get some help from a doctor? They artificially raise and lower hormone levels all the time.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
If she went through so much trouble to keep it shaved and keep it low key, why not just get some help from a doctor? They artificially raise and lower hormone levels all the time.

She did lol did you not watch it? She spent over a year on medication, tried laser treatment, ect.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
She did lol did you not watch it? She spent over a year on medication, tried laser treatment, ect.
i didn't give a fuck about the vid tbqh

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
NFL Player Walks Into Animal Shelter, Asks To Adopt A “Dog That’s Been Here A Long Time”

This past weekend, Baltimore Ravens Offensive Tackle Ronnie Stanley—along with his girlfriend, and a teammate—stopped by BARCS, the city shelter, and made the most fantastically game-winning request. “We are looking for dog that’s been here a long time and maybe not-so-adoptable,” is how BARCS put it in our new favorite Facebook post.

The threesome met a handful of dogs. Then Winter became the lucky pup who got drafted into the big leagues.

Winter is a 6-year-old girl who’d been found in mid-May, locked inside a room in an empty home, with no food, water, or fresh air. She was dehydrated and scared, and has a sagging belly that indicates she’s given birth to lots of puppies.

Her new dad’s reaction: “Well, that’s just what happens when you’ve had babies.”

Then he adopted her. And Winter sealed her sweet new deal with a great big kiss.

BARCS spokesperson Bailey Deacon is thrilled for Winter—and for what her adoption may mean for other shelter dogs.

“If big, strong, cool Ronnie chooses adoption, so will those who look up to him,” she says. “And the bonus here is that he didn’t come in and adopt just any dog, he specifically asked for a long-term, hard to adopt pup. How cool is that?”

Yep, our hearts have been officially tackled.

source

13432176_10154292679259869_8742564039162118492_n-1-1.jpg

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler