The Game discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Not sure how many people on here watch this (aside from me and J (Kairi)) but figured I'd make it since this season so far has been pretty good.

Kairi

Reaction score
lol @ the chris brown reference

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Malik is such a moron smh, lol.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The show is the shit. I've watched it since the beginning and am watching it now over Southland and a NBA game, which should tell you something

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Good to see someone else on here watches it (Y) when it originally aired didn't pay it much attention but couple years ago I got into it. This season is shaping up to be by far the best one.

Kairi

Reaction score
“Game" creator and executive producer Mara Brock Akil will write the script with husband Salim Akil directing.

Sony Pictures and the creative team behind the hit BET series The Game are remaking Sparkle, the 1976 music-themed movie.

Mara Brock Akil, who created and executive produced Game and UPN’s Girlfriends, will write the script while husband Salim Akil, who has helmed every episode of Game and many episodes of Girlfriends, will direct.
Producing is Debra Martin Chase who spent years developing the remake, including an iteration that saw it being developed at Warner Bros. for Aaliyah to star. The Akils will co-produce via their Akil Production Co. banner.

The original Sparkle was inspired by the story of the Supremes, and centered on the three Williams sisters, who begin singing in their church choir in Harlem in the late 1950s and become a successful girl group. Their sudden rise unravels their personal lives. Irene Cara and Philip Michael Thomas starred in the original, distributed by Warner Bros, with a script by Joel Schumacher, who would go on to direct St. Elmo’s Fire and The Lost Boys, among others.

Salim Akil is making is feature directorial debut with Jumping the Broom, a social class comedy due to open May 6. The movie impressed Sony brass, who looked for another project for the Akils.

Both Akils serve as showrunners on Game, which began life at the CW, where it was cancelled after three seasons. It was resuscitated by BET, and upon its return in January, stunned the TV industry by drawing 7.7 million to its debut episode.
The duo are repped by ICM and attorney Stephen Barnes.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Meh don't really care just make another season for the game is what I'm worried about.

Kairi

Reaction score
i'm actually looking forward to how they wrap this season up on tuesday. i think it will come back for a season five and only thing i'm kind of disappointed in is how they worked tasha and dante' relationship, other than that, good to go i think, if not i will add more later on how i think they can expand

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It will be a let down if they don't have another season as there is still going to be a lot of stuff they have to settle that they can't fit into the season finale. Such as the whole Kelly/Jason thing with Brit, how things go with Derwin and getting his son, etc.

Kairi

Reaction score
i'm calling for them to make melanie pregnant in the next season since she is pregnant irl and wants to give derwin their own child so badly anyway

Kairi

Reaction score
via her verified twitter

@IamWendyRaquel: Heyyyyy! Game on Season 5 Bitches!!! Tasha Mack will be be back! Thank you and #Thank God!!!! <Yay!!!!!

so season 5 looks like it is a go so far

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
(Y) had to happen can't just end it with the popularity it has and how it ended on season 4. Now I wonder if the full cast will be back or not.

Kairi

Reaction score
i'm hoping so, but speaking of bet programming i found this interview from debra lee (she controls most the programming i think for them)

BET CEO Debra Lee talked about her dealings with Kanye West and Ciara and working to improve the BET brand.

VIDEO

BET Chairman and CEO Debra Lee spoke with FOX Business Network’s (FBN) Gerri Willis about creating a more positive image for women on the entertainment network. Lee stated that BET has “gotten more strict about what we allow on air” and that she’s been working with artists like Rihanna, Kanye West and Ciara to limit risqué content on the network.

Excerpts from the interview are below:

On quelling criticism that BET content degrades women:
“I think the criticism has gone away. The first thing I did, which was in the works anyway, was to create more original programming that shows different images of women. So our sitcoms have started doing that. We’ve got more documentaries. We’re going to get into the drama business. We’ve cut back on the amount of music videos, that’s how we grew up but now we’re in a position where we can do other kinds programming.”

On taking on a more strict programming stance:
“We’ve gotten more strict on what we allow on air. We used to live by broadcast standards, but as the hip hop industry got a little more risqué we had actually had to bring that back some and say just because it can be on the air doesn’t mean it has to be on the air.”

On declining to air music videos from hip hop artists:
“As we worked on our brand and where I wanted to take the network, I started to say no to a lot of artists. I said no to Kanye [West] and to Ciara. Those are the ones that come to mind. I think Rihanna we’ve been working with. And that’s sort of amazed me a little bit, that I had to say no to women, but someone had to be the grownup in the room. I didn’t ask for that job but someone had to say no and looking at it from our young audience’s
perspective.”

isinders

Reaction score
No, i dont have any interest in games . i like to watch online Tv shows . i watch comedy and drama shows.i always like to Watch Supernatural Online and Watch True Blood Online,such a nice shows ....

Kairi

Reaction score
BET has confirmed that it has picked up comedy series The Game for a fifth season.

Though the CW originally canceled the show in 2009, it was later renewed for a fourth run by BET and the season premiere attracted 7.7m viewers.

BET executive Debra Lee called the 22-episode pick-up an "empowering and satisfying" decision.

"Our community is still starved for good original programming," she said. "The networks haven't had much to offer the last few years, and people are hungry."

"[Our audience] is extremely loyal," added original programming chief Loretha Jones. "If you deliver a quality show to them week to week, they'll show up."

The Game, which stars Tia Mowry Hardrict as medical student-turned-football wife Melanie Barnett-Davis, was originally launched as a spinoff from
axed CW sitcom Girlfriends.

The fifth season is expected to premiere on BET in January