The EWR Challenge! (S2 - Rise of Honor)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
IT'S BACK!

WELCOME TO SEASON TWO OF THE WWEF EWR CHALLENGE! (hit the pyro!)

ROHwrestling.png

This will be a competition between any and all WWEF members to see who can get the highest show ratings and public image with an alternate universe version of Ring of Honor in booking game EWR (Extreme Warfare Revenge). The game is free to download and easy to learn, and the update is easy to install, so make sure to read all the below, and sign up!

THE GAME: http://homeofprowrestling.com/Downloads/EWR/Software/EWR/EWR_4(2)/ewr42.zip

THE UPDATE: http://homeofprowrestling.com/Downloads/EWR/Fantasy_Mods/Rise_Of_Honor.zip

Download the game using the link, put it wherever you like, then download the update, and replace the DATA and other folders in the game folder with their counterparts from the update download. The update is duplicated in the save folder when you start a game, so if you change your active update all the time it won't affect saves that are in progress. :)

Rules
Difficulty set to medium.

No arsenic editor/cheating/editing your file etc. etc.

No restarts, as we're going to be playing in sync, month by month.
Everyone will have two weeks to play each month.

No changing PPV or show names, however TV show days (but not PPV dates) can be changed as you wish.

Should you finish a PPV before a deadline, please do not advance days or start booking any of your shows afterwards. This gives an unfair advantage of extra time over other people. However, you can still do other things on the file (e.g. signing people, planning in notepad, roster organisation, etc.).

Some PPVs will have specific gimmick matches associated with them, when this is the case a related rule will be added to the booking for that PPV. These will be made clear at the time and, when they are, must be followed.

Other than things specifically mentioned above, the game is the law!

Players will be ranked a) by their most recent PPV rating b) by their average score over their three most recent PPVs and c) by their public image rating after their PPV.

Current Players:

@Geek773
@Crithu
@Aurtle the Turtle
@Awesomenrh

Booking will begin sometime in the next couple of days (date of writing - October 9th 2016), depending on how it takes for a good number of people to sign up!

For the purpose of this new season of the challenge, we will be starting on November 1st so that no-one has to go through the hassle of changing computer clocks. (hooray!)

Pay-per-views:

Glory by Honor: November 27th
Final Battle: December 25th
New Year's Special: January 22nd
ROH Anniversary Show: February 19th
Showdown In The Sun: March 19th
Honor Takes Centre Stage: April 16th
Border Wars: May 14th
Best In The World: June 11th
Boiling Point: July 9th
Tag Wars: August 6th
Death before Dishonor: September 3rd
Survival of the Fittest: October 1st

^ These are the in-game dates for these shows, they will need to be changed in your save game as they are different to default.

Use this thread to ask questions (about the game, advice on what to book, and the rules of the challenge), have all on-topic banter and share your progress with screenshots. If in doubt over any aspect of the challenge, please ask!

So, as always: MAY THE BEST BOOKER WIN!

Last edited:

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Oh it's happening!

Look at Reag... stealing my thunder on the tagging of people smh.

Other people who were involved before:

@AfricanScatMahn
@Declandimi

People who I think would enjoy it/previously showed an interest:

@Awesomenrh
@TheFrostyBlur
@Welsh-Wizard-97

Hey everybody!

If you have a minute please read the OP and consider joining this challenge, EWR is a super easy-to-learn and fun booking game and we're playing it competing with each other. For people who were around before, the changes to the OP from season one are underlined. You're goddamn welcome.

The premise of the update is Ring of Honor modern day if they never lost key people.

Let's go!

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
If anyone has questions about EWR, the update, the challenge or why Reag is such an idiot please feel free to ask me. Booking won't start for a few days yet.

Basically me vs Reag is a banter war which started in the previous version of this thread. He has "The Colemasters" and I have the "Anti-Reag League" or ARL. May possibly add an average % by team for this season....

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
The Colemasters or the "Anti-Reag League.....Which team do I join :/

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
The Colemasters or the "Anti-Reag League.....Which team do I join :/
We're the babyfaces and reags just a dick tbh. You let him ruin precision for a week and now he thinks you owe him?!

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
We're the babyfaces and reags just a dick tbh. You let him ruin precision for a week and now he thinks you owe him?!
"ruin" Sorry who wanted you to be in the EC Qualifying match? Bitch, you owe me too. Plus I have also helped him alot with The awards(Both of them), being the most entertaining interviewer he has, Doing all of the preshows, managing Anarchy Inc. Many things.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
"ruin" Sorry who wanted you to be in the EC Qualifying match? Bitch, you owe me too. Plus I have also helped him alot with The awards(Both of them), being the most entertaining interviewer he has, Doing all of the preshows, managing Anarchy Inc. Many things.
I had an EC qualifier before you did anything then didn't get a second, don't owe you shit! And bull on the awards and noone asked for your interviews or preshows or managing. You're just an inconvenience...

Not Awesomenrh

The Artiste
Reaction score
oh shit gonna join and book all the new japan guys to go over for realism

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
oh shit gonna join and book all the new japan guys to go over for realism
Am I signing you up then?

Everyone else - Reag? Mike? Everyone let me know you want in!

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Bruh, you can't read.
Gotta confirm these things. He might be excited without being able to participate... xD

And you're being a pussy on the avatar bet. HEY EVERYONE! LOOK AT REAGS AVATAR. LOVELY ISN'T IT

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score
Guess the king gotta defend his throne....Just downloaded the file and ready to sort my things out. The Roster looks very strong just from first viewing... Excited to get stuck in again.