THE Definitive Sopranos thread - favourite episodes etc. *warning - spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Finally got round to making this thread - I love any opportunity to talk about the best TV show ever made. Thought I'd get the ball rolling by listing my favourite 5 episodes;

Note - I'm going to try and avoid posting spoilers, but sometimes it's hard to avoid doing so. Read on with discretion if you haven't finished all the episodes.

ALSO; this is in no particular order. It's hard enough picking 5 episodes. Nevermind sorting them into order of preference.

Season 5: Long Term Parking

longtermparking.jpg

Adrianna's FBI issues come to a head when she reveals to Chris that she's a rat. This episode produces one of my favourite moments from the show, and sews seeds for future episodes, which ultimately includes some of the final episodes. Fantastic television.

Season 6 Part II - Made in America

Sopranos2Bfinal2Bshot.jpg

I'm not actually going to say anything about this episode. Other than it's freaking awesome. Read THIS link if you've finished the show. I promise it's worth the read. It'll change your view on the show forever.

Season 6 Part II - Blue Comet

6a0115709993d0970b0162fbd11561970d-800wi.jpg

Once again, I'm not saying much about this episode because it's so close to the finale. What I will say is that it perfectly encapsulates the chaos of the final episodes.

Season 3 - Pine Barrens

pinebarrens_jpg_627x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

This episode is hilarious ("his apartment looked like shit!"). Not only that, it highlights Paulie and Chris' fractured relationship. Also features the Russian, who people talked about till the day the show ended. I love David Chase.

Season 1 - I Dream of Jeannie Cusamano

Untitled-24.png

As you might be able to tell from some of my other choices, I'm a sucker for the big moments of escalation. This episode certainly falls under that umbrella. Also, "fucking poison ivy!".

Other episodes which narrowly missed the cut - S2: Funhouse, S6P2: Soprano Home Movies, S1: College, S4: Whoever Did This.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Cool thread would say it is one of my favourite shows also, but am still finishing watching it for the first time so is hard to come up with my best epsiodes at this point, but I too love Pine Barrens it is always good to see odd couples paired up with unpredictable results.

I love the dark humour of the show, but also the character depth, the skill in the writing is that it can switch from knock about slap stick humour to something much darker and disturbing within a few minutes. It really does get into the mind set of the mafia world. The feamale characters are fantastic too.