The Dark Knight Rises

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Dark Knight Rises is the name of the sequel to the Dark Knight and it will be released on July 20, 2012. Can this film live up to the success, financial and critical, of the second film in Nolan's trilogy?

Nolan is back directing and this will be his final Batman film. The script isn't finished so casting hasn't been completed. Christian Bale is meant to be returning so long as Nolan directs it.

As far as I have read with all the rumors, Harvey Dent/Two-Face is dead so wont return and that the villain won't be the Riddler, Joker or Mr Freeze.

Could Catwoman return for this movie?

Post any discussion to do with this movie in here so post rumors about who have the parts and post who you want to play the roles here.

Who do you think will be the villain? Who would you like to see play the villain? Will this be able to be anywhere near as good as The Dark Knight?

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy confirmed for the villains. Not so sure about Catwoman being in this since they want the films to be serious, but then again, you could have said the same thing about Joker prior to The Dark Knight.

The name of this sucks though. Dark Knight Rises... way to differentiate.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah they really pushed themselves with the name didn't they. Clearly just piggy-backing on the success of the previous movie.

If they make Catwoman serious then I have no issue with it. I can't see Nolan making it into a comedy character so it should be good.

What character will Hardy play?

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Apparently he's playing Bane.

Something of a strange choice.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Okay I am not the biggest follower of Batman. Who is Bane? I haven't heard the name before. Has that character been used in any of the other films?

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Bane.png

He was in Batman & Robin in '97.

The character hasn't ever really been a major villain, which is what makes it a little bit of a strange choice.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That is why I don't know that character. I haven't seen that film since it has Clooney as Batman and I didn't want to watch that rubbish. It will be interesting how they write the character in and how big they make it. Is Tom Hardy a big guy? They cartoon version makes Mason Ryan look small. Should have had Batista play the part :p

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Not particuarly.

Depends how they're going to use Blane. If I remember correctly, two seperate actors played him before (a smaller guy and a bigger, more muscular guy).

Looking forward to the film though, shame it's not out till July 2012.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The film is definitely a must see. No matter how bad the reviews are or how bad the trailer looks, after the Dark Knight everyone simply has to go see this to see if they are able to match the performance of the past film. It is going to be incredibly difficult but it should be good none the less.