The Codebreaker

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
On Raw we saw the debut of Chris Jericho's new finisher, The Codebreaker. Basically, it's a backstabberr to the face. I cannot say I was overly impressed with this move.

On the good side of things, Y2Js return match was with Santino, and there were some golden promo moments. I'm sure there will be tons more laughs from these two in the weeks to come.

But then again, I was very disappointed in the crowd. They were a lousy audience for the savior to return to. I know a couple other people noticed this besides me, and the audience just completely buzzkilled what should have been a huge return match.

Well I was looking forward to, if not the Walls of Jericho, at least a Lionsault, but there was none to be found. Anyone else think it won't be long before
Y2J goes back to his old move set?

Great One

It didn't really seem like it fit him, but oh well. I'm sure it will play out like Undertaker uses his finishers nowadays. And yes, the crowd were pieces of shit.

J

Yea the crowd ruined it...Every fan there deserved to be kicked in the teeth...It just plain sucked...but as for the finisher i like it...It goes along with his more agile moves...So yea i hope he does stick with it...

joe

Reaction score
I love the new finisher,but also hope he uses the walls of jericho at some point

PeepShow

Untill he does the Walls of Jericho or the Lionsault, he will be referred to by me as KYJ. :)

phantomgerald

I would rather he stay with his old moves and occasionally use this new finisher. The old finisher was what made him over anyway, I don't see why he feels the need for a new one.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i was disappointed with his new finisher. he should use that then go into the walls of jericho.

and ya the crowd didnt even care. it sucked.

Reinvented

Reaction score
I knew his 1st match would be like that. He said it himself in his book his 1st match always sucks in some way.....JERICHO CURSE LIVES....

NinoBrown

Reaction score
If he debuted the move maybe in his third, fourth match then it'll be more exciting, some what. The move isn't that great, it's more of a signature move then a finisher.

Jabroni

Reaction score
i liked the move but didnt think he was going to pin him after it lol, ye it will take him a couple of weeks before he does the walls, and lionsault again, it will be worth the weight, but hey not a bad move :)

Marvel26

Reaction score
I think the match may have worked better if Jericho faced somebody with a bit more credibility..but I don't think they could have pulled off a better promo!
I think some of the fans may be the younger generation and maybe not know all about Jericho's past.
I'm suprised Jericho isn't at least using The Walls of Jericho...there are few people who use submissions as their finishers nowadays and thats a shame!

CenaMark54

KYJ should have jobbed to Santino.

Santino is the real Savior. Thank god he came out and saved us from another horribly scripted Jericho promo. Guess what Jericho, Santino used the Cookie Monster reference weeks ago. Get your own material.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I thought the promo was wicked 2 of the best ppl on the on the mic. As for the crowd the were total shite. Not sure on the new finisher " The code breaker " hmm its no lionsault or walls is it but i think in a few more matches we will see them 2 moves been used, as for y2j's first match back it wasn't bad not great but better is to come and i cant wait to see it in the coming months :)

C4

I didn't really like all of this "Return Match" and "Codebreaker move" The Match, It was so slow paced and didn't really look like a return match - The Crowd might have been a reason for this, I thought they were gonna chant Y2J Y2J all match long but we didn't see such a response from the freaking Crowd, were was RAW held this week? Santino was perfect in his heel character, the way he took shots at Jerry, and the way King responded it all seemed so good and the stage was set for a perfect Return Match, but I don't know why, it might be the Ring rust of Chris Jericho, he can't really put on good moves again! And the Codebreaker, damn the original Walls of Jericho was much much better! The Move is so simple and ordinary, we see it in the ring from many people - Bad Decision is all I can say!

tnafan454

Reaction score
i still found the cookie monster pic funny for some reason

anyway his new finisher is alright but i really don't think it will stay just for two reasons

1. anybody with a copy of the new SVR 2008 knows that move is acualy used by Gregory Helms in the game and is called the Knee Facebuster.

2. the Walls Of Jericho and the Lionsualt made him famous he could have atleast made some refrence to attempting to use one or the other.