The Codebreaker

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dasquirrelmasta

Reaction score
The new finisher really caught me by suprise.I'm not sure if I like it or not.The new finisher seems to fit better than the walls of jericho mainly because there are not alot of submission victories in WWE now days.

CenaMark54

The crowd was lackluster during Jericho's return as well. The only common denominator was Jericho. Jericho is just not as over as most of you think.

He has always been a great midcarder, but he was never a legit main eventer. Vince McMahon claims that putting the undisputed title on Jericho was the worst decision he ever made. And that says something given that there have been some bad champions over the year.

Orton should crush Jericho as Armegadon if thats the planned main event. Orton is way more over than Jericho.

The A-man

Reaction score
On Raw we saw the debut of Chris Jericho's new finisher, The Codebreaker. Basically, it's a backstabberr to the face. I cannot say I was overly impressed with this move.
Dear sweet lord, that was the worst describition of a move ever. Here is the lowdown on the move Jericho now uses....

Wikipedia's prowrestling movelists entries said:
Double knee facebreaker
This facebreaker involves an attacking wrestler, who is standing face-to-face with an opponent, hooking both hands around the opponent's head and then leaping to bring both knees up to the face of the opponent. The attacker falls backwards to the mat, thus forcing the victim to fall forwards and impact the exposed knees. CIMA and his Typhoon stablemates, most notably Susumu Yokosuka use this as a double-team move in which CIMA uses it from a wheelbarrow position. It's known as the '''Superdrol'''. Chris Jericho uses a running variation called the '''Codebreaker''', which sees him running towards his opponent to which he then jumps upwards, warpping his hands around the back of his opponent's head, lifting both knees to the face of the opponent, falls backwards down to the mat with the face impacting both knees. it is to the face of the opponent.
Basically just a "backstabberr", huh?

Y2Jasmine said:
Well I was looking forward to, if not the Walls of Jericho, at least a Lionsault, but there was none to be found. Anyone else think it won't be long before
Y2J goes back to his old move set?

joe said:
I love the new finisher,but also hope he uses the walls of jericho at some point

phantomgerald said:
I would rather he stay with his old moves and occasionally use this new finisher. The old finisher was what made him over anyway, I don't see why he feels the need for a new one.
You know, just because someone introduces a new finisher into their movelist doesn't mean they're going to ignore any other finisher they might have.

Sorry, I just had to point all this stuff out......

Great One

That's all IT IS, you just clarified. It's a damn backstabber/backcracker to the face with the knees.

The A-man

Reaction score
Yeah, but its a running variation of the move as well so there is a difference.

Great One

Carlito has done the backstabber while he was running too and while an opponent is falling into him, which is just the reverse movement.

Christian

Reaction score
Carlito has done the backstabber while he was running too and while an opponent is falling into him, which is just the reverse movement.

Yeah, the Codebreaker is nothing special.

But oh well. I'm 100% sure we'll see the Walls eventually.

The A-man

Reaction score
The Backstabber attacks the upper back from behind while The Codebreaker goes for the opponent's face.....from the front!

Because of that, it makes no sense to say that a running double-knee facebreaker can referred to a reverse backstabber if one move strikes the back from behind and the other strikes the face from the front.

Great One

Nowhere was it said that the Codebreaker was a reverse Backstabber. I said the running part is interpreted through reverse movement to the respectable comparison. That's why she specifically detailed that it is the move done to the face, which in a sense is true.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I think its a cool move but he has to keep useing his walls of jericho i love that move.

The A-man

Reaction score
Nowhere was it said that the Codebreaker was a reverse Backstabber. I said the running part is interpreted through reverse movement to the respectable comparison. That's why she specifically detailed that it is the move done to the face, which in a sense is true.

Saying that the move is "Basically, it's a backstabberr to the face" isn't a specific or detailed explainition, especially if someone doesn't know what or how a doble-knee backbreaker or double-knee facebreaker is done. Besides, what I was getting at was the move can't be a Backstabber (Double-Knee Backbreaker) to the face because its a backreakert-ype move so her description of the move from that one quote is incorrect.

PeepShow

KYJ should have jobbed to Santino.

Santino is the real Savior. Thank god he came out and saved us from another horribly scripted Jericho promo. Guess what Jericho, Santino used the Cookie Monster reference weeks ago. Get your own material.

That's copyright infringment. As you said, get your own material. :p

Great One

Saying that the move is "Basically, it's a backstabberr to the face" isn't a specific or detailed explainition, especially if someone doesn't know what or how a doble-knee backbreaker or double-knee facebreaker is done. Besides, what I was getting at was the move can't be a Backstabber (Double-Knee Backbreaker) to the face because its a backreakert-ype move so her description of the move from that one quote is incorrect.
Well, she was making reference to an already current finishing move, being Carlito's, so generally speaking it is why I believe it was a detailed explanation as a common WWE or wrestling fan even could relate to it easier whereas if you said double knee facebreaker, it may confuse the simple minded. =p

Point is, examples and current comparisons are always the better ways to explain things to the majority crowd as they've more likely seen Carlito's finisher, and that is what it referenced and probably relates to the best.

Ed_cena

Reaction score
i dont like the codebreaker, this is the finish move of helms, and i agree the crowd sucks!!.