The Closer (TNT)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
1) Hulk Hogan) He made wrestling and without him there would be no wrestling. He saved the wrestling world and will never be replaced.

2) The Rock) He is probarly the best on the mic ever and the best actor to come out of the wwe. He helped revolutionized wrestling with Stone Cold in the 90's and is one of the most popular wrestlers in the wwe ever.

3) Stone Cold Steve Austin) He is the wrestler than pretty much everyone loved, He helped revolustized with The Rock in the 90's and is one of the most popular wrestlers ever in the wwe.

4) Ric Flair) 16 Time World Champion pretty much sums it up, Ric Flair is great on the mic and knows how to put on a show. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

5) HBK) Shawn Michaels has been with the wwe for 14 strong years and has always put on a show. He is the showstopper and was part in one of the biggest fueds ever in the ww with Bret Hart.

6) The Undertaker) He is the man of the buisness and has been a fan favourite for years. His 14-0 Wrestlemania Streak sums up The Undertaker.

7) Bret Hart) Bret Hart is one of the best in ring wrestlers ever to step foot in a wwe ring. He has had memorable fueds and put on a show everytime he stepped into a wwe ring.

8) Triple H) Ten time world champion and one of the greatest wrestlers ever. He was great as a heel and great as a face and an all around great wrestler.

9) Mick Foley) He has been part of huge matches. From falling of a cage to being speared through fire. Mick Foley is the real Hardcore Wrestler and steals the show everytime he hops into a wrestling ring.

10) Roddy Piper) Rowdy Roddy Piper is the real badass of the wwe and has been a big part of the wwe for years.

Axis

1.Triple H
2.Ric Flair
3.Undertaker
4.Shawn Michaels
5.The Rock
6.Stone Cold
7.HBK
8.Mick Foley
9.Chris Benoit
10.Eddie Guerrero

Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero are two of my favorite wrestlers of all time, but how can you possibly say that they accomplished more than Hulk Hogan? Same goes for everybody else on your list except MAYBE Austin and Flair.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The following list is nowhere near objective.

1. Bret Hart
2. Chris Jericho
3. Ric Flair
4. Stone Cold Steve Austin
5. The Rock
6. The Undertaker
7. Hulk Hogan
8. HBK
9. Mick Foley
10. Big Van Vader

small

Reaction score
My top10

1) Bret Hart
2) Hulk Hogan
3) Undertaker
4) Hbk
5) Diesel (Kev nash)
6) Sting
7) Lex Luger
8) Yokozuna
9) HHH
10) Billy kidman (good style :))

tbone247

Reaction score
kurt angle
hulk hogan
bret hart
john cnea
brock lesnar
eddie guerrero
aj styles
benoit
rvd
steve austin

Edge_Foreva

Reaction score
1) Hogan
2) Austin
3) HBK
4) Flair
5) The Rock
6) Bret Hart
7) Undertaker
8) HHH
9) Mick Foley
10) Chris Jericho

PeepShow

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Ric Flair
3. Triple H
5. Bret Hart
6. The Rock
7. HBK
8. Undertaker
9. Kurt Angle
10. Edge

HM- John Cena, Sting, and Mick Foley

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
1)Austin
2)Rock
3)Hogan
4)Bret Hart
5)Triple H
6)HBk
7)Undertaker
8)Kurt Angle
9)Chris Jericho
10)Chris Benoit

RingDeath

Reaction score
Top 10 of the Past 20 Years

1. Ric Flair

2. Sean Michaels

3. The Rock

4. Bad News Allen/Brown

5. Roddy Piper

6. Randy Savage

7. Chris Jericho

8. Steve Austin

9. Brian Pillman

10.Batista

Reaction score
Alot of these lists need some reasoning because they have no merit whatsoever. I thought these lists were about success and accomplishments, names like Benoit, Edge,Cena, Styles, Lesnar, Vader and these mark names are second and third tier stars that don't belong with the names of Hogan, Rock, Flair, HBK, and so forth. So....

1. Austin. He's the BIGGEST DRAW EVER. Hogan broke ground, but Austin built a whole fucking city. He smoked Hogan in the ratings for two years, sold more PPVs in six months than WCW did in 18 and just about holds every major draw record in North American Wrestling. Plus he has held every major WWF title, KOTR, A multiple RR winner and was in the Greatest Feud of All Time (vs. McMahon)as well as in one of the best WWF matches ever (vs. Rock WM17). He was everything Hogan was but far greater. The numbers are there, he IS the MOST SUCCESSFUL WRESTLER EVER.

2. Hogan. He broke the ground for modern wrestling and was the poster boy of the 80's. I think that Vince's role in their partnership is often overlooked in Hogan's success but he is the right choice as #2.

3. Ric Flair. He's the greatest of all time, a 16 time World Champ, a top 5 promo, and the greatest non-WWF North American draw. He made a million dollars without a guaranteed contract. That's drawing power.

4.The Rock. No other wrestler has had as much mainstream acceptance as the Rock. He's a top 5 promo, a multiple world champ and the second highest draw during the Attitude Era.

5. Misawa. He's Japan's Ric Flair. Just with more great matches than HBK and Hart combined.

6. HBK- He had more longevity, had better matches and was a better draw than Hart.

7. Sting- WCW's real franchise, seems to be overlooked on many lists.

8. Bret Hart- I like Bret, but he is the Internet's Most Over rated. He's great but I think he is borderline second tier.

9. Undertaker- He's the WWE's old reliable pick-up truck. He'll always be there to pick up a load and go. Been doing it longer for the E than anyone on this list.

10. Mick Foley- It was really hard picking Foley over HHH. I think HHH's position in the company has been a Who-he-knows kind of thing. Plus Foley's characters are so much more deeper than HHH and Have a Nice Day was a best seller and so profitable that the WWE has been turning out books on a daily basis because of it.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
1. Hulk Hogan

2. The Rock

3. Ric Flair

5. Shawn Michaels

6. Triple H

7. the Undertaker

8. Bret Hart

9. Andre The Giant

10. John Cena (hate to say it, but with how much the WWE writers love him, and the huge fan base he has, he definetly, i think, deserves this. no higher, but a 10 is good.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
1. Hogan
2. The Rock
3. Stone Cold Steve Austin
4. HHH
5. The Undertaker
6. HBK
7. Ric Flair
8. Bret Hart
9. Kurt Angle
10. Ultimate Warrior, lol...

thegamehhh31

Reaction score
1) undertaker
2) edge
3) triple h
4) hbk
5) stone cold
6) batista
7) randy orton
8) john cena
9) the rock
10) rvd

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
1. Ric Flair

2. Hulk Hogan

3. Steve Austin

4. HBK

5. The Rock

6. The Undertaker

7. HHH

8. Edge

10. John Cena

HM: Mick Foley, Macho Man, Chris Jericho.

Pretty Confident With That Top 10.

newmie

Reaction score
1) Ric Flair
He is pretty much the greatest of all time. Some would say he wasn't as big of a Draw as Hogan. But He was superior in the ring to him.
2) Hulk Hogan
Hogan wasn't the greatest in the ring. But he made Sports Entertainment what it is today. Flir was the wrestler. But Hogan he was the best entertainer, and thats what the crowd loved.
3) The Rock
The Rock was a great entertainer, and a pretty good in the ring too. It would have been interesting to see him carry a company without the likes of Austin, Angle, Taker, Hart etc. in the same one.
4) Bret Hart
He was the excellence of execution. Great in the ring. IMO not the greatest on the mic. though.
5) "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
Austin was great. He really built the badass Face gimmick, that many have attempted. He started the no rules, and thats what people loved about him.
6) Sting
WCW's greatest creation. He was the company. Greatest wrestler to never have worked for the WWF/E.
7) Shawn Michaels
He wasnt always the best, but he was always good. But my god, he steps up when it counts. Hence why he is Mr Wrestlemania!
8) The Undertaker
Another great entertainer. So athletic for a guy his size, and can throw down some mat wrestling too. For even casual fans of wrestling, everyone knows the Undertaker.
9) Kurt Angle
No one thought he would be able to handle the entertainment style of this type of wrestling. But he did it very very well. Injuries i think held him back frombeing even higher in this list.
10) Edge
I was even suprised to think i would put Edge in this. He is like my favourite wrestler, but still suprised. But then i just thought, how much has this guy improved? He came from working down in "the Brood" with Christian, became a multiple tag team champ. He excelled as a mid card, winning the US title and IC title. And how much has he stepped up at ME level. It just proves how well someone can do if given the chance aye?

HM: Foley, HHH, Kane (thats right Kane, even though he has some of the worst storylines ever, for some reason he makes them work, and thats what i love), RVD, Eddie Guerrero (RIP) and Chris Benoit.