The chat thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Because I get she had influence on the series but she's VERY emotionally invested in the project that making major changes to the "original vision" would be difficult.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
"Monty met one of the greatest women on earth (Sheena Duquette) and got married. For close to a year both he and she worked together on RWBY Volumes 2 & 3 (herself unofficially and uncredited). He spent more time at home working with her at his side than he did at the office, hoping to bring RWBY back on track to the way he wanted to tell the story. Too soon, Monty passed away. Sheena was not allowed to continue working on RWBY. After Rooster Teeth closed the door in her face, she moved to LA to be around people who loved and supported her."

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I don't know, he doesn't actually say what they did really. I think the "closed the door in her face" was basically them not hiring her which they shouldn't be obligated to do.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
"It was at some point in March that we finally had our first prepreproduction meeting to start talking about how to move forward with the show. Right away, one of the producers made a strong statement that I did not like. “Just so you know, Sheena has absolutely no business, whatsoever, with any part of RWBY.” It was clearly aimed at me, the only one in the room who actually spent time with Sheena and Monty discussing RWBY. At that moment I had to make a choice. Do I just go along with it, doing whatever they wanted to do with the show without question, betraying Monty and Sheena, and regretting it the rest of my life? No way."

Status
Not open for further replies.