The Breaking Bad Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Jesse? The thief, drug addict, drug dealing, murdering S.O.B? Love the character but he's far from moral. Really Jr is the only one who hasn't done anything illegal.

A lot of the time he does what he does because he believes it's the right thing. Pretty much anything he has done since his self-acceptance speech in series four has been done in an attempt to do what he believes is the 'right' thing IMO. His main downfall has been allowing Walt to manipulate him into doing certain things.

Walt has always been self-centered and egotistical, right from the off. Rejecting Gretchin(sp) and Elliot's money and consequently putting his family's life at risk pretty much confirms that for me. IIRC the only person he has ever really attempted to do something good for is Jesse (the one where he kills the two drug dealers who are away to kill him springs to mind), whether that's because he genuinely cares for him or there's some other motive I don't know. That episode where he talks about being in the empire business tells me that it was always an ego thing, and maybe when the Meth idea first came into his mind it was for Skyler, Jr and Holly, but as soon as he rejects that money from them it proves it is/was an ego thing.

One part of the writing I do really like is that they've made us question Hank and Marie's motives. Why do they want the kids exactly? Do they genuinely want them to be safe, or is it because they want kids of their own (something that has never been addressed at all in BB from what I remember)? Does Hank actually want to put Walt in prison because he feels it's the 'right' thing to do, or is it because he feels emasculated by the fact Walt's literally taken the piss out of him all this time? Because Hank and Marie know fine that what they're trying to do is going to tear apart their family and possibly ruin Walter Jr and Holly's lives.

I completely forgot about JR when making that post, yeah he's obviously the most genuine character in the show - I honestly have no idea how he's going to react to the news as well.

Reactions: Robbie Coletrain

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Then I'll take TV.com's rating and BB still defeats it. :pity1:

Or you could just not take anyone else's opinions too seriously about a show you haven't seen for yourself? If you wanna know how The Shield stacks up against Breaking Bad, then I suggest watching it. Different websites will have different ratings anyhow, according to how many people visit said websites and rate them. For example, The Wire defeats both according to the IMDB rating, but over on TV.com, Breaking Bad is the winner. And so on.

For the record, The Wire IMO is superior to both. Not in terms of suspense or "edge of your seat" thrills or cliffhangers, but in terms of the depth of the writing and acting (just barely) and social commentary, etc. There's a reason it's universally praised more than any other show as the greatest TV show in history.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Aaron Paul is the fucking king of personality. He's awesome to watch in about everything he does.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Why do we not have a Pinkman smiley!? Seriously each episode has made me more interested in the ending. I honestly wish they would squeeze one more season out, i really want to see walt get his comeuppance

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
i like how they shit on the kid, while ignoring the bitch who had no idea what it actually is.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Why do we not have a Pinkman smiley!? Seriously each episode has made me more interested in the ending. I honestly wish they would squeeze one more season out, i really want to see walt get his comeuppance

Agreed with this.

And once again, we have Pinkman smiley.:jesse:

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Jesse? The thief, drug addict, drug dealing, murdering S.O.B? Love the character but he's far from moral. Really Jr is the only one who hasn't done anything illegal.

are you really going to compare him to anyone else? Skyler, the Adulterating, snide, bitchy, two faced whore.
Walter white speaks for himself.
Hank the snide cop who cant put his job to reality, beats Jesse while in custody and still aims for a move, he is the real antagonist.
Jesse is the one character with a flaw that makes him see money in the one thing he is good at. Sad to say but cooking meth is what he was born/made to do, and i get that isnt right but he is the one who creates a scenario for WW to make money, and Walt fucks him CONTINUOUSLY thought the series for his own personal gain.

Jesse is the one character in the show who has earned redemption. He is the Christopher of the Sopranos, and i pray to god they dont just write him off like those fucking idiots who wrote the Sopranos did. Jesse = Breaking bad. Walter white is just a great actor, in the shot and IRL.