The Avengers Breaks The Dark Knight Rises' Trailer Download Record

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
It would seem that the download record for trailers posted on Apple isn't a record that's too hard to break. It was last October when Joss Whedon's The Avengers set the high bar by logging more than 10 million downloads within the first 24 hours of the first theatrical trailer being released. That preview, however, was forced down to the number two spot just a couple months later, however, as Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises surpassed the mark by garnering 12.5 million downloads in the same amount of time. Well, now The Avengers has taken revenge.

Walt Disney Pictures has announced that the superhero team-up film is once again the all-time download record leader thanks to the new trailer that dropped yesterday morning. According to site statistics, the new clip shattered The Dark Knight Rises' total with 13.7 million downloads in the first full day after it was released. The trailer itself was received warmly by many, including our own Katey Rich who said in her write-up, "There's far more new footage in this than I was expecting, and though it's still unclear what kind of action we'll see beyond the giant New York scene and the various Avengers squabbling amongst themselves, the goods appear to be there." The film is the culmination of five years of planning on the part of Marvel Studios, who started their film franchise in 2008 with the release of Iron Man. The film is due out on May 4th.

I must admit that when I first watched the new Avengers trailer I wasn't immediately blown away, but after watching it multiple times it really grew on me and I realized that it actually did a great job showcasing what the movie has to offer. I also really hope that this inspires jealously on the part of Warner Bros. and they decide to release a new Batman trailer. Would it be petty? Sure. But it's us, the viewers, who would end up the winners.

It really isn't surprising since Avengers gives a bit more of a glimpse.

Castiel

Reaction score
The Avengers trailer is much better and gets me much more excited in all honesty. Seriously can not wait for either though!