The All Time Dream Match: HBK vs Ric Flair, Both in Their Primes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Greatest Dream Match: HBK vs Ric Flair With Both Men In Their Prime

• Shawn Michaels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ric Flair

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tazzen78

Reaction score
Eh good question! Hmmmm? have to say each has their strong points, Flair is better on the mat while hbk better on his feet, HBK can go high-flyer, Flair a better cheater\heel. Both equal on the mic I think and getting pops. But in this dream match I would say neither-cause the real Nature Boy Buddy Rogers would come down and beat them both for stealing his gimmic! Then run off with Kelly Kelly and try to figure out what the internet is too create a facebook page!

adhyanta

Reaction score
Pontianak, Lampung, Bandung, Jakarta - Indonesia
Ric and Shawn dream match at their prime?

Well, as great as anyone's prime is... HBK's at his absolute prime (He has at least 3 different primes, lol) was possibly the nearest a wrestler can get to perfection... His prime was untouchable. If he hadn't injured his back.. the face of today's wrestling would be different. I mean he outperformed Bret Hart in the Ironman match. That was Bret's best by a mile!

Ric's in his prime, is a favourite to be booked to win. He made everybody looked good, we know that. Even when they lost against him, he made it so that they were so close to winning and that's what surely going to happen the next time they fight Ric, we know that too. That's why he was the favourite for many promotors to be booked to win.

HBK's prime, if you remember... caused so many wrestlers to lose theirs. Hitman, came to mind... He was the best, but they practically discarded him. So can it happen to Ric?

Hell, no. This is Flair. If he can't get the fans to want to see him win over Shawn, he can always get them to want to see him get beat up by Shawn.
It's not gonna be just one match. It' gonna be a feud. There's gonna be series of them, mostly won by Shawn..

Ric's gonna win fewer, but those wins matter more just by being controversial, and it's for certain, that in one of those few.. Ric's gonna become the world's champion.

LexDelicto

Reaction score
What do you think is Flair's best match?

My favorite Flair match is Royal Rumble 1992, where he he draws third and spends the next hour treating fans to all the trademark moves he is known for.

As far as conventional matches go, there are so many, but perhaps the best is the 2 of 3 fall, 57 minute challenge for Steamboat's title, New Orleans.