The All Time Dream Match: HBK vs Ric Flair, Both in Their Primes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Greatest Dream Match: HBK vs Ric Flair With Both Men In Their Prime

• Shawn Michaels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ric Flair

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LexDelicto

Reaction score
The two best modern wrestlers faced each other numerous times, with, believe it or not, Flair having the edge. But their matches took place either when HBK was just getting established, or when RF was an old man. Imagine the Flair of 1985 facing the HBK of 1996. Who do think would win, and what are your thoughts on such a dream match?

seX-Power

I think that whoever would be booked to win would win. I think it would be a good match.

Stupid question. :rolleyes:

LexDelicto

Reaction score
Maybe change it to who was better..?

If I ran a poll, the "recency effect" would overtake the members of this forum, most of whom are young, and they would vote overwhelmingly for HBK. Flair is the greatest of all time, and would win in a poll of wrestling experts. And with both men in their primes, it could go to a time limit draw.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
How many more times are you going to join under a new account and say the exact same thing LogicalWMD/WCW4Ever?

Making multiple accounts to spread your opinion of Ric Flair being the greatest of all time in order to make your previous accounts seem validated in "industry experts agreeing" is just plain sad.

Let me guess, the story this time is that your not actually a former room mate, but a close friend of the previous two posters mentioned. Whom you also just happen to be an immensely successful writer of 20,000 books and essays on an incredible variety of subjects?

Not to mention, your probably constantly surrounded by intelligent people and beautiful women with riches beyond our wildest dreams with Doctorates and Masters degrees in the most wildest and fanciful professions possible?

If I've already figured you out don't bother to verify, it would be better to just admit your LogicalWMD/WCW4Ever and get it over with. Your gimmick ceases to entertain.

Airfixx

Double-DQ as a bunch of random polish guys that no-one knows or gives a fuck about run-in and beat the pair of them up.

daiven2009

Reaction score
good post~

�����������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

Wrestling Station

Flair of 1985 facing the HBK of 1996.
that would be a championship match. but which title? NWA or WWF on the line? lol.
I think it would end up just somehow similar to their WM match (HBK on top). Eventhough im not an HBK fan nor a Flair fan fyi.
P.S: Also HBK has to slow down his movesets and agility just for Flair to keep up with him.

LexDelicto

Reaction score
How many more times are you going to join under a new account and say the exact same thing LogicalWMD/WCW4Ever?

Making multiple accounts to spread your opinion of Ric Flair being the greatest of all time in order to make your previous accounts seem validated in "industry experts agreeing" is just plain sad.

Let me guess, the story this time is that your not actually a former room mate, but a close friend of the previous two posters mentioned. Whom you also just happen to be an immensely successful writer of 20,000 books and essays on an incredible variety of subjects?

Not to mention, your probably constantly surrounded by intelligent people and beautiful women with riches beyond our wildest dreams with Doctorates and Masters degrees in the most wildest and fanciful professions possible?

If I've already figured you out don't bother to verify, it would be better to just admit your LogicalWMD/WCW4Ever and get it over with. Your gimmick ceases to entertain.

You're a smart kid, although your post is spam and what it alleges is lost on me. It has nothing to do with the subject of the thread. In a hypothetical match with both men aged in their early 30s, who would win? That's what you should be talking about, not running your mouth about some past member who might have bruised some egos or was a Flair publicist.

In such a match Flair would likely win. He was more resilient than HBK, could take more knocks and could withstand HBK's only finisher, the "Superkick". He held the NWA title for all but about a year in the 1980s, defended it 300 times a year, would routinely wrestle 60-90 minutes, often wrestle 3 times a day, and was the PWI Wrestler of the Decade for the 80s, beating out Hogan among others. HBK himself declares Flair to be the greatest of all time and says he modeled himself after Flair, aiming to be "The Flair of the 90s".

You might not like me or this post, but it is an example of what a post ought to be and should lay to rest any doubts about my literary prowess. You can see how it's impeccably written and addresses both your post and, more importantly, the subject of the thread.

You are a good writer yourself and are bound to publish anything you want to, including novels. Why make an enemy of a kindred spirit and a future colleague?

The Rated R CMStar

In such a match Flair would likely win. He was more resilient than HBK, could take more knocks and could withstand HBK's only finisher, the "Superkick". He held the NWA title for all but about a year in the 1980s, defended it 300 times a year, would routinely wrestle 60-90 minutes, often wrestle 3 times a day, and was the PWI Wrestler of the Decade for the 80s, beating out Hogan among others. HBK himself declares Flair to be the greatest of all time and says he modeled himself after Flair, aiming to be "The Flair of the 90s".

Oh that's funny, you practically said word by word what WCWRules said once a similar argument went down. You even used that cute line with no real weight on who is better about HBK saying he modeled himself after Flair.

You might not like me or this post, but it is an example of what a post ought to be and should lay to rest any doubts about my literary prowess. You can see how it's impeccably written and addresses both your post and, more importantly, the subject of the thread.

You are a good writer yourself and are bound to publish anything you want to, including novels. Why make an enemy of a kindred spirit and a future colleague?

Just lol.

Quintastic One

Reaction score

Dude you did this exact same crap trying to inflate my ego on your LAST account. Can you just drop the bullshit and admit that you're the same person already? If you REALLY were interested in showing me respect, you'd admit your identity and get it over with. So don't feed me bullshit while you sit there snickering behind your screen about how entertaining this is for you to keep making spam accounts.

Airfixx

@ WCWForever....

HBK may say that Flair IS the man, but ask Flair and he'll tell you Shawn has since outperformed him to become the man.

Not my opinion, it's FLAIR'S (Ref: Ric's 2008 High Spots shoot interview).

p.s. Sucked any good Polish cock lately?

LexDelicto

Reaction score

If you are so obsessed with my posts that you can recognize the author, that's sad. How long has it been since you've seen LogicalWMD or WCW4Ever? If I were on a mission to spread my opinion of Ric Flair, where are these "multiple accounts" I'm supposed to be using? Wrestling is my only waste of time. It seems to be your life. Get some help for your anger problem. If a simple post comparing whom I consider the 2 greatest wrestlers of all time gets your ire up, you need help. Get some help with your writing too. Your sarcasm is feeble.

BTW, Flair did say that Michaels has surpassed, but HBK in turn has called Flair the greatest wrestler of all time.